Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

just skim read the fca report and this guys firm were vultures of the highest order. 

Last sort of fucker we would want near our club money or no money 

I've not read the report  but im not surprised. We are ripe for fleecing from someone a lot worse than ken.

1 minute ago, Farrelli said:

I've not read the report  but im not surprised. We are ripe for fleecing from someone a lot worse than ken.

Much worse on known facts than ken looking at this . Based upon the conduct in this report late payments would be the last of our worries

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Escobarp said:

just skim read the fca report and this guys firm were vultures of the highest order. 

Last sort of fucker we would want near our club money or no money 

Lies must still be working on the story

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, jules_darby said:

Ah come on, we aren’t that arsed about the crookedness as long as we’re doing well

It’s always secondary and mostly only gets scrutinised when we’re in a tight spot

Wasn’t much talk when Garty et al were at it

in the same way as we didn’t moan when Diouf was diving (for us)

idealism is all well and good but being honest I’d sooner watch some decent footy by the men in white 

I know we'd be less concerned, we'd also be unaware. We only look more deeply into this because of stuff in the public domain, like winders and efl embargoes.

My post was more aimed at owners, Garty wasn't, and to be honest I'm unsure of to the extent of any dodgy dealings on his behalf. He was involved with the fa, and surely they'd have fucked him off if he was that bad.

Anyway, all that aside, I quite like the idea that Anderson espoused initially, living within our means and operating as a proper business.

Just feels a more honest approach, which suits me fine.

13 hours ago, Sluffy said:

It looks to me that the link below relates to another Allanson issue that pre dates the one Tricky found.

It's a finding by the Financial Conduct Authority dated 4th April, 2018 and is a Final Notice 35 pages long basically ripping into one of Allanson's companies.

I don't know if this leads on to Tricky's link or is a separate matter completely - the addresses of both seem to be different to each other?

Certainly doesn't present Allanson's in a particularly good light though.

https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/final-notices/bouchers-with-allansons-2018.pdf

Can someone paraphrase that pdf?

1 hour ago, Traf said:

Can someone paraphrase that pdf?

Debt management firm that has shit systems and controls in place and is poor at reconciling money. 

The firm took money off vulnerable folk in debt and only 51% was used to pay off their actual debt. 

Sound like nice folk. 

5 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Debt management firm that has shit systems and controls in place and is poor at reconciling money. 

The firm took money off vulnerable folk in debt and only 51% was used to pay off their actual debt. 

Sound like nice folk. 

Better the devil you know eh

10 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Sound like nice folk. 

Cheers, I didn't have the mental strength to read it this morning.

5 hours ago, stevieb said:

Sound like nice folk. 

So Ken's late/devious at paying big corporations, football clubs and millionaire footballers, whilst Allansons have been ripping off the poor and vulnerable of local society?

Booooooooo, Allanson out.