Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, barrycowdrill said:

Mcginlay - man of the people

only problem is on the matter of the ‘protest’ I doubt there’ll be many people

and half the clowns on it are from a generation where they wouldn’t know him if they fell over him 

That's a big lump to fall over now.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Biganddaft said:

He said a dead man who can't reply stopped bank rolling us because of comments and abuse from fans, the same ex owner who lent us money just before he died, and you think that comment is OK? I personally think it stinks

It’s true though.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Biganddaft said:

He said a dead man who can't reply stopped bank rolling us because of comments and abuse from fans, the same ex owner who lent us money just before he died, and you think that comment is OK? I personally think it stinks

what stinks ?

Aye Davies took the stick him and gartside got massively to heart.

Im sure I remember him appealing for calm during to last set of protests. 

Had a trawl but could find any comment from ED but the reports are cringe 

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/11515137.live-fans-protest-against-whites-management-ahead-of-wanderers-clash-with-bournemouth/

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/11514555.amp/

2 minutes ago, Biganddaft said:

But Gartside used to say "its OK we have Eddie Davis" we as fans pay our money and believe what we are told trouble is now we realise it was all shite and we don't know how to react, not all Bolton fans are business men or accountants they are warehouse workers street cleeners work in supermarkets etc, so they react in different ways because of a lack of understanding, please don't judge genuine fans because they choose the wrong option, it may just be all they have 

But every warehouse worker, supermarket whateverers etc all have their own houses with bills to pay

if your bills are more than the wages your bringing in, your fucked. Exactly the same principle with the club. 

Everyone could and should understand that 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Biganddaft said:

I am getting a bit sick of this "our fans are idiots shite", no they aren't they are ordinary people who love the club and want success or at least a team worth watching, I don't agree with the protest I think it's pointless but I understand the frustration that has made it happen 

12 minutes ago, Biganddaft said:

With all due respect that is to simple, being a football fan is different you have a wealthy owner who buys success and you go along for the ride because the club you love has been starved of success its an escape from the humdrum and any worries you may have are quashed by the chairmen a business man who must know what he is talking about and he says "it's OK we ha e Eddie" sorry to easy to blame the fans 

Well it is as simple as that if people took a step back and broke it down instead of ranting and raving about circumstances that go on within the club that 99% of the time they have no idea about. 

Yes the debts may be different. Payment scructures may differ but the fundamentals are the same. If the clubs costs are say £1m a month including all bills and we’re only bringing in £800k then we’re juggling creditors 

just like juggling water, gas & electric or car finance etc if you’re struggling at home. 

you can only piss with the cock you’ve got. 

My point isn’t about Gartside or whoever chasing a dream and us being dragged along. It’s about KA, now and what he’s having to deal with (without the benefit of a well off relative to lend you some money you never have to give back)

if people are protesting and not seeing the issues they want their fucking heads testing 

Edited by barrycowdrill

8 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Problem I've been having is that people I know who are anti Ken seem totally obsessed and blinkered by that and only want to talk about that and only believe anything that fits in with their belief, it's  almost like a religion with them.

Bang on with this.

ive never known a set of people so obsessed over the finer details of multi million pound business. 

You cant reason with them. It’s like a proper cult, once they go they’ve gone forever. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Bang on with this.

ive never known a set of people so obsessed over the finer details of multi million pound business. 

You cant reason with them. It’s like a proper cult, once they go they’ve gone forever. 

And when you calmly explain to them the consequences if they were to get their wishes they kind of nod their heads in agreement & then carry on as before! I'm beginning to think the W in BWFC stands for Waco.

Disagree, Football isn't Normal life its a fantasy escapism people want to win and if some guy says "look we ha e Eddie he is loaded its fine" they believe it for fucks sake I am a savvy guy but I believed the bullshit, to easy to blame the punters far to easy

So you disagree that our ‘normal’ fans should not see the fact that our outgoings exceed our incomings? And that’s where our current problems lie? Ok no problem 

without the very fortunate overinflated sale of Madine last year the club would’ve made a loss of around £5m. You don’t make a loss if the above doesn’t apply. 

This year we’re in a similar position but without the benefit of robbing another club blind to balance the books 

Edited by barrycowdrill

You have your opinion, I have mine, football fans don't want to think about all that shite and why should they it's the entertainment business, they work all week then they go watch footy, let's not expect them all to understand the ins and outs of running a football club

But that’s why all this nonsense is currently going on, protest marches are happening and our owner needs to be lynched... because he / we have no money. If they didn’t want to know about all that rubbish (which is fine) why kick up a fuss and protest about it?

you don’t protest about something you don’t see... 

Edited by barrycowdrill