Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

Just watched the Netflix doc 'Sunderland 'Till I Die'.    Change the kit, change the title to 'Wanderers 'Till I Die'................You wouldn't see the difference.                  (Except they're a fahookin' mahoosive club like........................)

7 minutes ago, Biganddaft said:

It's frustration, I bet the majority of protesters will be young ones who like to shout and insult people with the exception of a few window lickers, but sitting watching Bolton is not fun at the moment and our clubs name is being dragged through the mud, and unfortunately Ken Anderson is the pantomime villain at the moment, but let's be honest he doesn't fooking help himself, banning Illes then Super John plus other stupid bollocks, 

He hasn't banned Iles or McGinlay. They just can't get in for free and sit in the press area. They can sit with us plebs or even get a box. 

11 minutes ago, Biganddaft said:

It's frustration, I bet the majority of protesters will be young ones who like to shout and insult people with the exception of a few window lickers, but sitting watching Bolton is not fun at the moment and our clubs name is being dragged through the mud, and unfortunately Ken Anderson is the pantomime villain at the moment, but let's be honest he doesn't fooking help himself, banning Illes then Super John plus other stupid bollocks, 

Yep he’s making a rod for his own back and continuing to antagonise an already unhappy following 

but both of those have had a lot to say, non of it constructive, non of it supportive and in my opinion should be using their positions to calm the situation down and unite as best they can with their comments. But they continue to inflame it instead 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Spider said:

The thing is, you never hear current players moaning. 

except when they went on strike

and when they fucked his pay deal off and went to the PFA to try and sort it

actions louder than words and all that

You can't blame the club for taking action against McGinlay, but it's probably a bad tactical/PR move in the same way that "banning" Iles has turned him from a joke figure into an esteemed local journalist/martyr.

It would have been a better move to just let McGinley make a fool of himself on Monday.

25 minutes ago, Biganddaft said:

I will be there Monday, I've been going since 1967 with my wonderful father, and I won't be involved in the protest because I am a grown up but that said I won't dismiss the people who think it's the right thing to do as long as they don't disturb the actual game, that will be unforgivable and counter productive COYWM

Nothing wrong with that. Protests are nothing new. These dicks on twitter think they’re in Iraq and about to topple sadam and beat Ken’s statue up with flip flops.

Let em crack on with it, they’ll soon get bored when only 100 people turn up and nobody gives a flying fuck what they are shouting about.

If they distrupt the game on normal fans behalf then the gloves are off as far I am concerned. There’s nothing that’s happened of late at this football club that warrants that scale of protest. 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Nothing wrong with that. Protests are nothing new. These dicks on twitter think they’re in Iraq and about to topple sadam and beat Ken’s statue up with flip flops.

Let em crack on with it, they’ll soon get bored when only 100 people turn up and nobody gives a flying fuck what they are shouting about.

If they distrupt the game on normal fans behalf then the gloves are off as far I am concerned. There’s nothing that’s happened of late at this football club that warrants that scale of protest. 

Will there be 100? Be surprised at that. You’re dead right about the game disruption thing  - could get nasty, I’ll find it hard to say nowt if any of them idiots are near me.

I'm getting about as tired of this saga as I am of Brexit to be honest. I skim read Ken's increasingly long and rambling diatribes these days, though the 442 article was, to be fair, an interesting read.

I also watched Sunderland till I die, all too familiar, just on a different scale. Tap running, team doing ok, most people relatively happy. Tap turned off as team declines, mood darkens and pissed off folk need  a target. 

KA's not helping himself at the moment for sure, but at times, without wishing to draw political analogies, he's turned into something of a football George Osborne, getting panned for bumping us along through a necessary period of austerity after the previous incumbents caused a big deficit. 

1 minute ago, ianofrochdale said:

He's turned into something of a football George Osborne, getting panned for bumping us along through a necessary period of austerity after the previous incumbents caused a big deficit. 

That is an uncanny comparison as they also both look like a freshly wanked penis. 

The biggest problem for me this season has been the style of play under parky, lets be honest it's been crap. Ken is Ken he does what he does to keep us afloat, it's not pretty but what else can he do. If we were half way up the league would we have a few melts planning a demo, I think not. So the problem is the manager, we'd be better off protesting against parky. IMO Ken is doing what he needs to do and if he didn't give a shit about us he surely would have walked away. I'll be glad when he signs us over to a billionaire (hopefully) but until then surely we've got to trust him to do his best for us because who the fuck else his going to do it? 

McGinlay sat on the panel of a kangaroo court consisting of him, the anti-Ken Marc Iles and the equally anti-ken Maggie Tetlow.

He slagged Ken off

he said we’d be better off in administration 

he slagged Parky off

he slagged the academy off

he slagged the scouts off and blatantly lied about them not watching local kids

Hardly surprising he got banned, is it?

7 minutes ago, Biganddaft said:

No I am big and daft, I was arrested many times in the 70s and 80s I was an hooligan, I spent 3 in jail as a football hooligan I went in home ends many times I beat people up I thought it was big and made me tough, but I had anger management that changed my life, I am not proud of my past hence the big and daft, does that answer your childish question? 

My moneys on biganddaft 

8 minutes ago, Biganddaft said:

No I am big and daft, I was arrested many times in the 70s and 80s I was an hooligan, I spent 3 in jail as a football hooligan I went in home ends many times I beat people up I thought it was big and made me tough, but I had anger management that changed my life, I am not proud of my past hence the big and daft, does that answer your childish question? 

Er yes....thanks for clearing my admittedly childish and not very clever question up 

13 minutes ago, Biganddaft said:

That’s a long sentence for football hooligan WTF did you do? 

4 minutes ago, Biganddaft said:

I did things i am ashamed of but I also ended up with 78 stitches away at Luton so maybe I Wasent as tough as I thought I was, I was arrested for beating up a Chelsea fan in a league Cup game he ended up in a coma I did 3 years, like I said not proud of it, no one deserves to end up in hospital because of a football match, I am not proud of it and its not who I am now, I used to think it was exciting, pathetic, but you grow up and you learn, but that's irrelevant now, I love my club now, I suffer from arthritis now and I am 58, am I allowed to move on and just support my club? 

Course your allowed to move on many fans in that era have done things they’re not exactly proud of, including myself. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

22 minutes ago, Traf said:

McGinlay sat on the panel of a kangaroo court consisting of him, the anti-Ken Marc Iles and the equally anti-ken Maggie Tetlow.

He slagged Ken off

he slagged Parky off

exactly

and the morons lap it up

when it comes to business ethics he has no room to talk

this is all being stoked up by the court jesters isles and bonnar, pair of fuckmops

15 minutes ago, Biganddaft said:

I did things i am ashamed of but I also ended up with 78 stitches away at Luton so maybe I Wasent as tough as I thought I was, I was arrested for beating up a Chelsea fan in a league Cup game he ended up in a coma I did 3 years, like I said not proud of it, no one deserves to end up in hospital because of a football match, I am not proud of it and its not who I am now, I used to think it was exciting, pathetic, but you grow up and you learn, but that's irrelevant now, I love my club now, I suffer from arthritis now and I am 58, am I allowed to move on and just support my club? 

Too right

good that you are able to share with us, mate

• Site Supporter
38 minutes ago, Traf said:

He slagged Ken off

he slagged Parky off

Yep, he’s been a dick unfortunately. He went way beyond his remit. I just want to remember him for his goals, not his misplaced rantings.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Steejay said:

Yep, he’s been a dick unfortunately. He went way beyond his remit. I just want to remember him for his goals, not his misplaced rantings.

Easily done mate

Just remember he's a thick as fcuk footballer being egged on by a thick as fcuk esteemed thumb head