Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

34 minutes ago, Biganddaft said:

I did things i am ashamed of but I also ended up with 78 stitches away at Luton so maybe I Wasent as tough as I thought I was, I was arrested for beating up a Chelsea fan in a league Cup game he ended up in a coma I did 3 years, like I said not proud of it, no one deserves to end up in hospital because of a football match, I am not proud of it and its not who I am now, I used to think it was exciting, pathetic, but you grow up and you learn, but that's irrelevant now, I love my club now, I suffer from arthritis now and I am 58, am I allowed to move on and just support my club? 

Fair play. We've all done shit were not proud of. 9 times out of 10 you get lucky and the guy doesnt end up in a coma...

You did your time and that should be the end of it.

There's nothing McGinlay has said that is any worse than a Gary Neville or similar. Christ, there's nothing worse he's said than Keith Andrews, but the club won't be trying to dictate to Sky who they have covering the game. It's pathetic.

Whatever anyone says, if someone speaks out about Ken posters on here will find reason to slate them, and vice versa with Twitter. The club is divided, and it's a shame that extends to folk turning on a bonafide club legend who's heart is ultimately in the right place.

3 hours ago, Tombwfc said:

There's nothing McGinlay has said that is any worse than a Gary Neville or similar. Christ, there's nothing worse he's said than Keith Andrews, but the club won't be trying to dictate to Sky who they have covering the game. It's pathetic.

Whatever anyone says, if someone speaks out about Ken posters on here will find reason to slate them, and vice versa with Twitter. The club is divided, and it's a shame that extends to folk turning on a bonafide club legend who's heart is ultimately in the right place.

When have Neville or Andrews led a protest march ? 

As for KA being untouchable on here that is not true I would say most people would prefer him gone but just want a suitable replacement first. 

Edited by Ani

3 hours ago, Ani said:

When have Neville or Andrews led a protest march ? 

As for KA being untouchable on here that is not true I would say most people would prefer him gone but just want a suitable replacement first. 

I'm not saying it's pro-Ken, but it's certainly anti-everything-anti-Ken. I'm not even saying people are wrong to look at both sides (even if I disagree), but it's definitely not one side or the other who see everything he does through the same prism.

As for McGinlay, he'll be walking around the stadium with about 60 people, not charging the place screaming 'Fuck the Andersons'. Whether it impacts his suitability to commentate on the game (it doesn't) is a matter for the BBC, not the club.

There's actually genuine good news in Ken's statement - the money we owe to various people has been repaid and that Mrs Remi Matthews didn't quit her job for nothing - but even then he can't help himself but be a cunt. 

Edited by Tombwfc

32 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

I'm not saying it's pro-Ken, but it's certainly anti-everything-anti-Ken. I'm not even saying people are wrong to look at both sides (even if I disagree), but it's definitely not one side or the other who see everything he does through the same prism.

As for McGinlay, he'll be walking around the stadium with about 60 people, not charging the place screaming 'Fuck the Andersons'. Whether it impacts his suitability to commentate on the game (it doesn't) is a matter for the BBC, not the club.

There's actually genuine good news in Ken's statement - the money we owe to various people has been repaid and that Mrs Remi Matthews didn't quit her job for nothing - but even then he can't help himself but be a cunt. 

Ok I can agree with most of that. But the size of the protest is not relevant. I think what pisses people of on here is that if you are not anti Ken you are classed as Pro Ken. For all his many faults he is the only show in town.

All press passes are at the discretion of the club  Iles had many pops at the club and never says anything good to see SJM dropping to same level is sad. In terms of other pundits such as Neville they also give credit where it is due. 

You say there is lot of positives in latest statement but it gets one line in the Bolton News on the debt, at the of the Kepler signing article. Journalists need to report the news it has clearly come personal and that means they are no longer doing their job. 

Personally I would have let them keep press credentials but revoked VIP passes. Let’s remember no one is banned from ground just privileges been withdrawn. 

Edited by Ani

8 hours ago, Tombwfc said:

When McGinlay starts stumping up the same as Sky do to come to games I’m sure he’ll be welcomed back with open arms.

2 hours ago, Tombwfc said:

If McGinley had criticised the way you ran your home, led 60 fuckwits in a protest march around it and then wanted to come in and sit in your living room for free tea and biscuits would you let him? I wouldn't.

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, Biganddaft said:

I did things i am ashamed of but I also ended up with 78 stitches away at Luton so maybe I Wasent as tough as I thought I was, I was arrested for beating up a Chelsea fan in a league Cup game he ended up in a coma I did 3 years, like I said not proud of it, no one deserves to end up in hospital because of a football match, I am not proud of it and its not who I am now, I used to think it was exciting, pathetic, but you grow up and you learn, but that's irrelevant now, I love my club now, I suffer from arthritis now and I am 58, am I allowed to move on and just support my club? 

A gutsy post.

You've paid your dues, seen the light, now come along and watch the whites. 

47 minutes ago, tkonion said:

If McGinley had criticised the way you ran your home, led 60 fuckwits in a protest march around it and then wanted to come in and sit in your living room for free tea and biscuits would you let him? I wouldn't.

But that's the point isn't it? It's not Ken Anderson's home. It's a football club which has been around for 150 years, not the personal fiefdom of some sweaty agent.

It's bad enough the website (by his own admission) is now primarily used to settle whatever petty row he's got himself into that week, without him extending that to match-days.

28 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

But that's the point isn't it? It's not Ken Anderson's home. It's a football club which has been around for 150 years, not the personal fiefdom of some sweaty agent.

It's bad enough the website (by his own admission) is now primarily used to settle whatever petty row he's got himself into that week, without him extending that to match-days.

But as I don't own a football club and I presume you don't either the analogy of our homes is the nearest thing I could think of and I think is valid. So would you?

42 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Like it or not - but it is kens home - he is the sole owner of BWFC - we are merely customers - no matter what we think

1 minute ago, bwfc2003 said:

Like it or not - but it is kens home - he is the sole owner of BWFC - we are merely customers - no matter what we think

Sorry, that's bollocks. A football club is not a privately owned home, or any other business. There's a reason none of us are racking up hundreds of posts on TescoWays or DietCokeNuts, and there's a reason thousands will keep going to a freezing cold corner of Horwich every other week to be bored and miserable.

'He owns it, he can do what he likes' isn't valid, unless you also think it'd be fair game for him to rename us Ken Anderson FC and have Lee starting up front.

This situation has far more in common with something like Trump and Jim Acosta than it does restaurants or who you invite into your house.