Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

10 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

The ST are now 1k better off because Veggie Vince has donated his t-shirt proffits, woop fucking woop.

Its not enough to buy Ken's tank top! 

I think Veggie vince will be getting a word off the local constabulary 

letting some cranks in with a bolton flag and allowing them to pitch up next to the bury fans, ok it wasn’t a scene off green street but apparently a fan and & steward was punched 

5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

According to the Bury contingent there were 300 ... that was probably a quote from windy Miller who ran at the mongy Bolton fans. 

I'll believe it when I see a picture of them !!!  Since the pictures that there are seem to show the same little group, my guess is that it was a lot closer to 3 than 300.

10 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Appreciate he's setting the record straight but still note that he's Back to regular updates now he has someone to have a pop at

He can’t really win on that front, he’d be accused of going in to hiding if he’d put a stop to the notes. That said, he made his own bed on that front to a certain extent by being so keen to make himself heard when he first took charge. 

Nowt wrong with what he’s said in these notes either. Really hope it ends up in a positive atmosphere and folk get behind the team in much the same way as when we beat Forest under Phil Brown which was the last significant protest IIRC (and probably far more significant than a couple of dozen Twitter muppets).  

On 19/01/2019 at 00:06, Eddie said:

If there is one silver lining to come out of the current situation, it is that quite a lot of people are starting to realise just how much Eddie Davies actually did for this club, and how much he actually bankrolled us to eventually see the heights we saw.

It wasn’t a tax fix, he didn’t “take loads out of the club”, there was nothing to see in the interest charged on the early debt and it wasn’t just clever accounting.

We lost money just like we do now, just to a greater extent, but that man chucked money in every year to cover the shortfall and therefore let us carry on with top 8 premier league football and European adventures.

The shit he got accused of, just because people didn’t take the time to understand what was actually happening, rather than just listening to the first thing they heard, was criminal. He should have a statue outside of the ground, instead his name got dragged through the mud and he ended his tenure on “bad terms”.

If there is one lesson to be learnt it is that joe public shouldn’t be so quick to shout about the first theory that they hear, it’s often the wrong one.

It surprised me this. Apart from here I don't go on social media much - did Eddie Davies get a lot of stick off our fans? 

And, genuine question, cos I've no idea, how come after all his largesse are we in such a worse position financially than Wigan? Dave Whelan said a couple of years ago that our debts didn't add up to him

7 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

It surprised me this. Apart from here I don't go on social media much - did Eddie Davies get a lot of stick off our fans? 

And, genuine question, cos I've no idea, how come after all his largesse are we in such a worse position financially than Wigan? Dave Whelan said a couple of years ago that our debts didn't add up to him

There were quite a few people who'd never spent a second looking at the accounts who would swear blind that the 150m+ he put in was all creative accounting and actually he was making a killing out of the club. And not just cranks on social media.

But overall I'd say it was more that he never was given the credit he warranted, rather than being overly abused. Part of it was also due to the fact he was the polar opposite of Ken, you'd go years without hearing from him and so fans never really got to know who he was other than this mysterious kettle man.

1 hour ago, DazBob said:

Good statement, that.

Can’t argue with much of the statement  and I agree with KA about the protest, it does not need to be held on a match day and we need to get behind the team and not have a disruptive protest,  which might  sour the atmosphere and pitch supporters against each other.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Can’t argue with the statement and I agree with KA about protest, it does not need to be held on a match day and we need to get behind the team and not have a disruptive protest,  which might  sour the atmosphere and pitch supporters against each other.

Is it a yellow vest affair?