Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Bolton parish church was half empty for the Eddie Davies memorial service, even the current owner Ken Anderson didn't attend.The Bolton public in general haven't bought into Eddie Davies like one or two on here have.It's not like the Bolton public don't respect their heroes, 1000s paid respect to Nat Lofthouse and Fred Dibnah, it's just that Eddie Davies isn't considered one of those by as many

To be fair, I didn't even know there was memorial service.

4 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Bolton parish church was half empty for the Eddie Davies memorial service, even the current owner Ken Anderson didn't attend.The Bolton public in general haven't bought into Eddie Davies like one or two on here have.It's not like the Bolton public don't respect their heroes, 1000s paid respect to Nat Lofthouse and Fred Dibnah, it's just that Eddie Davies isn't considered one of those by as many

Did you go?

5 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

That has nothing to do with the amount of money he put in, its because most people of Bolton wouldn't know ED if he'd bumped into them on the street. He wasn't ever in the media or even the local paper. He kept himself to himself.

He put a lot of money into Bolton Wanderers, more than everyone else in history combined. That is a fact. 

• Site Supporter
Marc Iles @MarcIles
FollowingFollowing @MarcIles
More

Two little bits of good news for #bwfc - first they welcome back the Challenge Cup semi-finals, now a triple-header with the women's final. Secondly, I hear the winding-up petition from HMRC against the Whites Hotel has now been withdrawn at the court.

Is there no end to Ken's devious ways?

11 minutes ago, Spider said:
Marc Iles @MarcIles
FollowingFollowing @MarcIles
More

Two little bits of good news for #bwfc - first they welcome back the Challenge Cup semi-finals, now a triple-header with the women's final. Secondly, I hear the winding-up petition from HMRC against the Whites Hotel has now been withdrawn at the court.

Is there no end to Ken's devious ways?

He's a bit late with the 2nd one is he not, finger thumb on the pulse there 

Edited by tyldesley_white

• Site Supporter

Tell you what, the more bills get paid, the more things happen how KA said they would, the more upset the protesters become.

It's almost like they now need him to fail so they can say they told us so until their eyes gloop out onto their cheeks with righteous fury.

Still in the woods, like. But there's a team playing tonight which is most inconvenient to some.

Sadly, a lot of these online protesters still live at home and have never experienced the problem of cashflow issues.

When sometimes you face the prospect of choosing between putting food on the table for your kids or paying your rent on time. Sometimes in life you have to prioritise how you spend what little money you have.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Be interesting to see how the finances go after we have spent the EFL money. We'll be hand to mouth until the next lot, assuming we are still in the Championship next season

That's my concern. How far will it go- do we need to be looking at reducing the squad size, rather than be adding to it?

If more cuts are required then make them; rather be in league one and balancing the books than fighting a losing battle with finances in the championship.

2 hours ago, tyldesley_white said:

I'm with you Traf, I also thought its was a closed service.

You are wrong, the memorial service was advertised in the Bolton News as open to everyone.I am just a fan and attended because it was advertised in the paper.,The lack of  football people there was a surprise to me, the only semi famous people I recall being there were Ann Taylor and Peter Ridsdale.Towards the back of the church were several empty pews and others with one fan on them.I spoke to a couple of fans who had travelled from down south to attend due to seeing the ad in the paper
The Nat Lofthouse and Ian Greaves funerals (which i attended, well i was outside the church at Nat's) attracted dozens of famous footballers, there was no such turnout at Eddie Davies' memorial servce from the football community.
Ken's absence was poor form if he simply chose not to, I have heard it suggested that the Davies family weren't happy with his business talks in the final days of Eddie Davies' life

32 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Be interesting to see how the finances go after we have spent the EFL money. We'll be hand to mouth until the next lot, assuming we are still in the Championship next season

I think the first issue to be dealt with is if KA redeems (or extends) his £5 million loan to Moonshift, for which he put up his ownership shares of the club for.

We may well have Moonshift as the club owner within a few weeks or so, otherwise.

10 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

I think the first issue to be dealt with is if KA redeems (or extends) his £5 million loan to Moonshift, for which he put up his ownership shares of the club for.

We may well have Moonshift as the club owner within a few weeks or so, otherwise.

Who is Moonshift nowadays?

Let's face it Moonshift will only accept immediate  payment on due day, KA cannot fund this, likely that Moonshift will fund Admin and that will be a massive move forward for BWFC!! 

17 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

7 minutes ago, Urchin said:

Let's face it Moonshift will only accept immediate  payment on due day, KA cannot fund this, likely that Moonshift will fund Admin and that will be a massive move forward for BWFC!! 

Admin will be a move forward?