Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

On 05/01/2019 at 10:12, Biggish Dave said:

That just irresponsible. Everyone wants shut of Ken in favour of someone with deeper pockets (including Ken) but how is losing and missing out on £175000 prize money going to help anyone - least of all the club and it’s employees

Can’t see the employees being that arsed if the £175,000 is going straight into paying off loaned money like the FGR Chairman says.

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

At what point do we think dragging the clubs name through so much dirt is simply not worth it. 

I feel like a battered wife who stays with her hubby because it is better than being on her own. 

It only feels that way because of the 24/7 society. Nobody would have given a fuck 20 years ago.

Besides, the clubs, players and agents are all as bad as each other at one time or another so none of them are in a position to take any moral high ground in most financial scenarios. 

Just now, Leyther_Matt said:

It only feels that way because of the 24/7 society. Nobody would have given a fuck 20 years ago.

Besides, the clubs, players and agents are all as bad as each other at one time or another so none of them are in a position to take any moral high ground in most financial scenarios. 

We have a winner.

1 minute ago, barrycowdrill said:

There’s now a tennis ball throwing contest / protest being mooted for west brom

kill me. Kill me now 

Last week they were planning a protest for the WBA game, but then realised it was a night game and they couldn't be arsed.

So, the plan was to protest at the Reading game.

We won on Saturday, so they cancelled the protest incase we got. good cup draw

Now that Doidge has gone, the WBA protest is being mooted.

We can't even organise a fucking protest nowadays

1 minute ago, barrycowdrill said:

There’s now a tennis ball throwing contest / protest being mooted for west brom

kill me. Kill me now 

I saw a ‘stay downstairs for the first 10 minutes for WBA’, as if anyone would notice a few more empty seats. 

1 minute ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Just heard a cracker 

facebook cranks are going mad at ken because Remi Matthews partner quit her job as he was promised a deal 

If we’re getting this when a loan player is sent back, I can’t wait for what they come up with when players are released in the summer. 

As if any partner of a footballer will be confident of spending any significant time in one particular location. Particularly the partner of a 24 year old back up goalkeeper who has only ever spent time out on loan, literally from Plymouth to Hamilton and points in between. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Traf said:

Last week they were planning a protest for the WBA game, but then realised it was a night game and they couldn't be arsed.

So, the plan was to protest at the Reading game.

We won on Saturday, so they cancelled the protest incase we got. good cup draw

Now that Doidge has gone, the WBA protest is being mooted.

We can't even organise a fucking protest nowadays

I heard the protest was a march from Beehive to ground. All of half a mile walk from an away pub. They really didn't think this through.

3 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Just heard a cracker 

facebook cranks are going mad at ken because Remi Matthews partner quit her job as he was promised a deal 

He wasn’t ‘promised’ a deal. He signed a deal that cannot be honoured due to our embargo.

Its shocking. Same with Doidge. Who bought a house. Can’t put blame for this anywhere other than Ken. Who doesn’t honour contracts. Hasn’t even been paying Doidge FFS! Probably wasn’t paying Remi either.

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

I heard the protest was a march from Beehive to ground. All of half a mile walk from an away pub. They really didn't think this through.

Yep, that was the original protest.

They were also worried the WBA fans might fill them in.

3 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

He wasn’t ‘promised’ a deal. He signed a deal that cannot be honoured due to our embargo.

Its shocking. Same with Doidge. Who bought a house. Can’t put blame for this anywhere other than Ken. Who doesn’t honour contracts. Hasn’t even been paying Doidge FFS! Probably wasn’t paying Remi either.

Agreed

Piss poor from the club if it’s as been suggested 

Didn’t understand the Doidge transfer fee as soon as we were struggling to pay wages a few months later, seen as Ken has never shut up about trying to balance the books 

It’s a cunts trick what he’s done to FGR and the young lad

Worst thing is, he’s brought him here under false pretences to play under Parky who doesn’t want to touch him with a barge pole anyway 

Tragic all this now 

Edited by birch-chorley

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I saw a ‘stay downstairs for the first 10 minutes for WBA’, as if anyone would notice a few more empty seats. 

And do what instead? Have a pint and watch it on the TV? Hardly a protest

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, tomski said:

In a difficult place with my thoughts on the protest out. I wouldn't do it as I'm too old and lazy but the one thing worse than protesting in my eyes is apathy and that's the only alternative I see.

If questioning the likely outcome of a protest would be to make no difference at all therefore what was ever the point then yes, if that equals apathy...

I don't think it does though. Apathy gives the impression you don't give a fuck. I think most of us do but I also think most of us are wise enough to see that tennis balls on the pitch or half-mile walks while getting laughed at by WBA fans won't have the desired effect either.