Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

At least we know now that he did pay himself 525K in the 2016-17 financial year. (Promotion bonus)

Did he admit that in this email?

Not sure why I've not got one, can someone cut and paste and post on here?

In case you hadn’t seen them, I wanted to ensure that you have the opportunity of reading my latest set of web notes.

Since they were published on the website, I have received numerous messages of support from fans and people involved within the game.

One supporter wrote: “( I am) ignoring all the rubbish  in the press regarding our club and chairman, I would like to thank you for your continued good work. As a businessman you obviously do not suffer fools gladly.”

Another person said: “Thank you for standing up to that individual Vince.  Put me down for a T shirt. I can honestly say the trotters now have six more supporters.”

A former employee of Vince added: “I’d just like to say that I’m fully in support of what Ken is saying and from experience with working for ecotricity and having been in meetings with Dale, I’d fully agree with what Ken is saying about Dale and his egotistical ways. It’s a real kick in the teeth to many when the day after over 100 employees were made redundant at Ecotricity last summer, (FGR) then signed George Williams the next day!”

As l have mentioned in the past,  a great deal of what is written in the local and national press is factually incorrect and for that reason alone, l thought l would correct some of the recent fiction. As no doubt ,you have noticed that to protect themselves they often say a source or an insider. If that is the case then they need to review their sources and insiders credibility. 

1) Dean and l did not pay £1 for the club. We paid  £1 plus the debts which as everyone knows were substantial. 

2) Dean and l did not take out a £4.4m loan to cover tax debts. 

3) l did not pay £150,0000 for my shares. It was substantially more than that. 

4) The Club did not pay me consultancy fees of £525,000 in 2017. This spanned 2016 and 2017 and included promotion bonuses. 

5) As far as l am aware no players have asked for a transfer. Furthermore, we have not received any offers for players. 

6) The PFA did not pay the November player salaries. 

7) No players have been signed without the managers approval. The manager decides who we sign not me. 

8) We did not owe £300,000 to Heathcotes  / SCC Catering in December and they did not issue a writ. 

9) l am not resident in Switzerland, l am a Monaco resident. 

1 minute ago, wakey said:

Past history?  At most we had a 'moment' years ago. On an internet forum. I'd assume any necessary under-lining was done pretty much at the time.

As for having a pop at you, at most, I'm gently teasing and it's because of your obvious man-crush on Ken, not because it's you Sluffy.

Ok, I made the comment because of your 40 posts so far half a dozen or so have already been pointed in my direction, most of which seemingly having a pop at me.

I'm more than happy to have a virtual handshake with you and move on.

For what it is worth I've never been pro or anti Ken, but just someone who has tried to understand what's going on by trying to match what little facts we have with what was being said by others (ST and Iles in particular) , rather than follow the crowd that seem to take their every word said as gospel.

Seems by simply doing that I've been marked down by more than a few as a big pro Ken supporter.

Holbrook speaking in respect of Iles and Bonner has admitted stated that they should have kept their emotions to themselves when reporting and also that they may have made mistakes with what they have said - fair play to him.  The ST's agenda against KA is widely known although many didn't see it from the beginning.  I also may have been wrong on my reasonings from some of the stuff I've posted - but it's certainly not been done because I've brought emotion into it, nor have any hidden agenda.

As I've already posted earlier on today in this thread, needs must in business sometimes and that KA is neither a saint nor the Devil but somewhere in between.  If you see that as an obvious man-crush then fair enough but I think we both know it isn't.

If it means anything at all, I always rated you highly as a poster and someone who could make people smile with your humour.  You would certainly make a great addition to this site if you decided to stick around, hope you do.

(No man-crush on you intended).

4 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Ok, I made the comment because of your 40 posts so far half a dozen or so have already been pointed in my direction, most of which seemingly having a pop at me.

I'm more than happy to have a virtual handshake with you and move on.

For what it is worth I've never been pro or anti Ken, but just someone who has tried to understand what's going on by trying to match what little facts we have with what was being said by others (ST and Iles in particular) , rather than follow the crowd that seem to take their every word said as gospel.

Seems by simply doing that I've been marked down by more than a few as a big pro Ken supporter.

Holbrook speaking in respect of Iles and Bonner has admitted stated that they should have kept their emotions to themselves when reporting and also that they may have made mistakes with what they have said - fair play to him.  The ST's agenda against KA is widely known although many didn't see it from the beginning.  I also may have been wrong on my reasonings from some of the stuff I've posted - but it's certainly not been done because I've brought emotion into it, nor have any hidden agenda.

As I've already posted earlier on today in this thread, needs must in business sometimes and that KA is neither a saint nor the Devil but somewhere in between.  If you see that as an obvious man-crush then fair enough but I think we both know it isn't.

If it means anything at all, I always rated you highly as a poster and someone who could make people smile with your humour.  You would certainly make a great addition to this site if you decided to stick around, hope you do.

(No man-crush on you intended).

Now we've got Christmas out the way are we allowed to get shot of PP? 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Thanks KA for finally owning up to  what the accounts already told us, at least now some folk might stop pretending consultancy fees might mean something other than payments made to KA

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Thanks KA for finally owning up to  what the accounts already told us, at least now some folk might stop pretending consultancy fees might mean something other than payments made to KA

This is a fair cop. Admitted.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

I find it amazing that he's openly admitted to being paid a promotion bonus whilst it also being common knowledge that several players - including the manager - still await their bonuses. He's never been this sloppy with the facts before

Would you do the job for free?

In fact I'll rephrase that. Would you run somebody else's club, who you hold no affinity to for free?

Edited by HomerJay

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

I find it amazing that he's openly admitted to being paid a promotion bonus whilst it also being common knowledge that several players - including the manager - still await their bonuses. He's never been this sloppy with the facts before

Who hasn't been paid a promotion bonus

Methinks you may be being sloppy with the facts

Again

Just now, ZicoKelly said:

It still doesn't answer the question whether that money was used to pay off Holdsworth rather than be put in his back pocket for him to piss it up the proverbial wall as the vast majority of people believe.

Also note it is paid in respect of two years and not £525,000 per year as many, many have been saying.