Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

He isn’t ‘doing what he likes’.

Removing the media privelages of 2 bone heads who having been spouting crap and wanting the club to go into administration is a completely rational and logical thing to do.

it doesn’t come under him ‘doing what he likes’.

1 hour ago, Tombwfc said:

Sorry, that's bollocks. A football club is not a privately owned home, or any other business. There's a reason none of us are racking up hundreds of posts on TescoWays or DietCokeNuts, and there's a reason thousands will keep going to a freezing cold corner of Horwich every other week to be bored and miserable.

'He owns it, he can do what he likes' isn't valid, unless you also think it'd be fair game for him to rename us Ken Anderson FC and have Lee starting up front.

This situation has far more in common with something like Trump and Jim Acosta than it does restaurants or who you invite into your house.

Just because you think like that it doesn't mean that you are correct or it is true - you are not and it isn't.

Burnden Leisure is a company that is subject to the legal requirements of any other company and is 'owned' by the person with the majority of its shares - in this case that's KA.

If it's not against the law or the businesses regulatory authority (the EFL) it can do what it likes.  For example Pete Winkelman the majority holder of what was once FA Cup winners Wimbledon moved the club some 60 miles away - and changed the clubs name - to Milton Keynes (MK Dons).  Similarly Vincent Tan the owner of Cardiff changed the 'bluebirds' shirt colour from blue to red!

Supporters are 'customers' of the 'company', 'purchasing' a 'product', in just the same way as anyone going to Tesco, or buying a Diet Coke is doing.  If the customer/consumer doesn't like how the 'owner' operates his business or the 'product' that is produced, then they are entirely free to take their custom elsewhere.  It's hardly the owners fault if the customer decides that brand loyalty is more important to them than who owns the company - he (nor anyone else) can please all the people all of the time, nor aim to.

It is also clearly demonstrable that if the 'end' product is good then how the owner runs his company is of practically no interest to most of the supporters/consumers of it - how many people were really bothered that we had a Real Madrid, eye watering, type debt whilst we were in the top half of the Premier League with the likes of Anelka, Djorkaeff, Okocha and Hierro playing for us?

That period of financial profligacy however has had to be paid for by many years of austerity for the club to become financially self-sufficient again.  

What many people forget, or probably do not know, is that even if this mythological billionaire buyer exists and takes us over, they are constrained under FFP regulations as to how much they can invest into the club - in very simple terms they can only put in so much as the club can generate in revenue over a three year period - so they need to get the club to the Premier League vast wealth in three years or they go into melt down again in order to balance the books - exactly the situation that is happening at Sheffield Wednesday and similarly why the owners of Aston Villa had to sell after missing out on promotion last season.

It certainly isn't anywhere like the thinking that once the Anderson's have gone, that everything will be fine again, that many people seem to have.

I asked you once before if you were the LoV writer Tom, to which you said you wasn't - which I accept - but you don't half seem sound and think like him in my opinion.

https://twitter.com/TRicko44

Edited by Sluffy
spelling errors

Reminds one of those white ginger swine who join Al Qaeda/ISIS...

Shunned and castigated by normal folk they grasp acceptance wherever they find it.

In this case with some no-mark club with a yoghurt weaving deadbeat dad owner - who we played like a fiddle.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

1 hour ago, Sluffy said:

Great to see some of our new friends from @OfficialBWFC making the trip down to today's game to support @Chris_Doidge, who starts this afternoon.

DxR99zUWoAAMjxl.jpg

Fuck me. Just raised the embarrassment level I expect on Monday now. Some mother's really do 'ave em. I can't believe that well I can but it beggars belief