Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Lostock Whites

Sweaty Ken

2 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Some of our fans actually want us to go into administration... those fans are indeed idiots.

I agree with that totally, lack of understanding of the consequences though to be fair

12 minutes ago, Biganddaft said:

With all due respect that is to simple, being a football fan is different you have a wealthy owner who buys success and you go along for the ride because the club you love has been starved of success its an escape from the humdrum and any worries you may have are quashed by the chairmen a business man who must know what he is talking about and he says "it's OK we ha e Eddie" sorry to easy to blame the fans 

Well it is as simple as that if people took a step back and broke it down instead of ranting and raving about circumstances that go on within the club that 99% of the time they have no idea about. 

Yes the debts may be different. Payment scructures may differ but the fundamentals are the same. If the clubs costs are say £1m a month including all bills and we’re only bringing in £800k then we’re juggling creditors 

just like juggling water, gas & electric or car finance etc if you’re struggling at home. 

you can only piss with the cock you’ve got. 

My point isn’t about Gartside or whoever chasing a dream and us being dragged along. It’s about KA, now and what he’s having to deal with (without the benefit of a well off relative to lend you some money you never have to give back)

if people are protesting and not seeing the issues they want their fucking heads testing 

Edited by barrycowdrill

8 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Problem I've been having is that people I know who are anti Ken seem totally obsessed and blinkered by that and only want to talk about that and only believe anything that fits in with their belief, it's  almost like a religion with them.

Bang on with this.

ive never known a set of people so obsessed over the finer details of multi million pound business. 

You cant reason with them. It’s like a proper cult, once they go they’ve gone forever. 

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Bang on with this.

ive never known a set of people so obsessed over the finer details of multi million pound business. 

You cant reason with them. It’s like a proper cult, once they go they’ve gone forever. 

And when you calmly explain to them the consequences if they were to get their wishes they kind of nod their heads in agreement & then carry on as before! I'm beginning to think the W in BWFC stands for Waco.

14 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Well it is as simple as that if people took a step back and broke it down instead of ranting and raving about circumstances that go on within the club that 99% of the time they have no idea about. 

Yes the debts may be different. Payment scructures may differ but the fundamentals are the same. If the clubs costs are say £1m a month including all bills and we’re only bringing in £800k then we’re juggling creditors 

just like juggling water, gas & electric or car finance etc if you’re struggling at home. 

My point isn’t about Gartside or whoever chasing a dream and us being dragged along. It’s about KA, now and what he’s having to deal with (without the benefit of a well off relative to lend you some money you never have to give back)

if people are protesting and not seeing the issues they want their fucking heads testing 

Disagree, Football isn't Normal life its a fantasy escapism people want to win and if some guy says "look we ha e Eddie he is loaded its fine" they believe it for fucks sake I am a savvy guy but I believed the bullshit, to easy to blame the punters far to easy

3 minutes ago, Biganddaft said:

Disagree, Football isn't Normal life its a fantasy escapism people want to win and if some guy says "look we ha e Eddie he is loaded its fine" they believe it for fucks sake I am a savvy guy but I believed the bullshit, to easy to blame the punters far to easy

So you disagree that our ‘normal’ fans should not see the fact that our outgoings exceed our incomings? And that’s where our current problems lie? Ok no problem 

without the very fortunate overinflated sale of Madine last year the club would’ve made a loss of around £5m. You don’t make a loss if the above doesn’t apply. 

This year we’re in a similar position but without the benefit of robbing another club blind to balance the books 

Edited by barrycowdrill

18 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

You have your opinion, I have mine, football fans don't want to think about all that shite and why should they it's the entertainment business, they work all week then they go watch footy, let's not expect them all to understand the ins and outs of running a football club

Just now, barrycowdrill said:

So you disagree that our ‘normal’ fans should not see the fact that our outgoings exceed our incomings? And that’s where our current problems lie? Ok no 

Oh for God's sake, yes perhaps they should like I do, but you expect a 16 year old fan to think like that? Come on

3 minutes ago, Biganddaft said:

You have your opinion, I have mine, football fans don't want to think about all that shite and why should they it's the entertainment business, they work all week then they go watch footy, let's not expect them all to understand the ins and outs of running a football club

But that’s why all this nonsense is currently going on, protest marches are happening and our owner needs to be lynched... because he / we have no money. If they didn’t want to know about all that rubbish (which is fine) why kick up a fuss and protest about it?

you don’t protest about something you don’t see... 

Edited by barrycowdrill

Just watched the Netflix doc 'Sunderland 'Till I Die'.    Change the kit, change the title to 'Wanderers 'Till I Die'................You wouldn't see the difference.                  (Except they're a fahookin' mahoosive club like........................)

2 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

But that’s why all this nonsense is currently going on, protest marches are happening and our owner needs to be lynched... because he / we have no money. If they didn’t want to know about all that rubbish (which is fine) why kick up a fuss and protest about it?

you don’t protest about something you don’t see... 

It's frustration, I bet the majority of protesters will be young ones who like to shout and insult people with the exception of a few window lickers, but sitting watching Bolton is not fun at the moment and our clubs name is being dragged through the mud, and unfortunately Ken Anderson is the pantomime villain at the moment, but let's be honest he doesn't fooking help himself, banning Illes then Super John plus other stupid bollocks, 

46 minutes ago, Biganddaft said:

But Gartside used to say "its OK we have Eddie Davis" we as fans pay our money and believe what we are told trouble is now we realise it was all shite and we don't know how to react, not all Bolton fans are business men or accountants they are warehouse workers street cleeners work in supermarkets etc, so they react in different ways because of a lack of understanding, please don't judge genuine fans because they choose the wrong option, it may just be all they have 

I agree fella, was making the point that in the Gartside/Davies era we believed everything as gospel. In fact I didn't give a fuck because we was in the prem, in Europe and all was dandy. 

If the football was decent and we were half way up the championship it would be the same now, supporters only protest when the team are doing shit, and that goes for most clubs.

7 minutes ago, Biganddaft said:

It's frustration, I bet the majority of protesters will be young ones who like to shout and insult people with the exception of a few window lickers, but sitting watching Bolton is not fun at the moment and our clubs name is being dragged through the mud, and unfortunately Ken Anderson is the pantomime villain at the moment, but let's be honest he doesn't fooking help himself, banning Illes then Super John plus other stupid bollocks, 

He hasn't banned Iles or McGinlay. They just can't get in for free and sit in the press area. They can sit with us plebs or even get a box. 

11 minutes ago, Biganddaft said:

Yep he’s making a rod for his own back and continuing to antagonise an already unhappy following 

but both of those have had a lot to say, non of it constructive, non of it supportive and in my opinion should be using their positions to calm the situation down and unite as best they can with their comments. But they continue to inflame it instead 

7 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Yep he’s making a rod for his own back and continuing to antagonise an already unhappy following 

but both of those have had a lot to say, non of it constructive, non of it supportive and in my opinion should be using their positions to calm the situation down and unite as best they can with their comments. But they continue to inflame it instead 

I can't disagree with you, Iles should know better, I think super John just wanted to appear to be on the fans side, not is best decision but I still love him 

13 minutes ago, Biganddaft said:

I can't disagree with you, Iles should know better, I think super John just wanted to appear to be on the fans side, not is best decision but I still love him 

Hes not on this fan side.

3 hours ago, Spider said:

The thing is, you never hear current players moaning. 

except when they went on strike

and when they fucked his pay deal off and went to the PFA to try and sort it

actions louder than words and all that

In the grand scheme of things what good is all this crap doing? Who benefits from all this?, Ken, protest, SJM, BN, Iles etc..... 

Fucking nobody, let's turn up and watch our team, cheer if we score, cheer if we win and probably cheer if we get a draw. We may be crap and Parkinson is the shittest of managers (imo), but at the end of the day they are OUR team. It's about time that lot of the cunts stopped acting in their own self interest and got behined OUR club.

I may give Monday a miss

...... nah never :D

You can't blame the club for taking action against McGinlay, but it's probably a bad tactical/PR move in the same way that "banning" Iles has turned him from a joke figure into an esteemed local journalist/martyr.

It would have been a better move to just let McGinley make a fool of himself on Monday.

16 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

Hes not on this fan side.

OK well he thought he was, like I said not his best decision 

9 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

In the grand scheme of things what good is all this crap doing? Who benefits from all this?, Ken, protest, SJM, BN, Iles etc..... 

Fucking nobody, let's turn up and watch our team, cheer if we score, cheer if we win and probably cheer if we get a draw. We may be crap and Parkinson is the shittest of managers (imo), but at the end of the day they are OUR team. It's about time that lot of the cunts stopped acting in their own self interest and got behined OUR club.

I may give Monday a miss

...... nah never :D

I do agree with u personally, I am just playing devil's advocate with other fans who may not be so clued up

I will be there Monday, I've been going since 1967 with my wonderful father, and I won't be involved in the protest because I am a grown up but that said I won't dismiss the people who think it's the right thing to do as long as they don't disturb the actual game, that will be unforgivable and counter productive COYWM

25 minutes ago, Biganddaft said:

I will be there Monday, I've been going since 1967 with my wonderful father, and I won't be involved in the protest because I am a grown up but that said I won't dismiss the people who think it's the right thing to do as long as they don't disturb the actual game, that will be unforgivable and counter productive COYWM

Nothing wrong with that. Protests are nothing new. These dicks on twitter think they’re in Iraq and about to topple sadam and beat Ken’s statue up with flip flops.

Let em crack on with it, they’ll soon get bored when only 100 people turn up and nobody gives a flying fuck what they are shouting about.

If they distrupt the game on normal fans behalf then the gloves are off as far I am concerned. There’s nothing that’s happened of late at this football club that warrants that scale of protest. 

37 minutes ago, Biganddaft said:

I will go along with that

7 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Nothing wrong with that. Protests are nothing new. These dicks on twitter think they’re in Iraq and about to topple sadam and beat Ken’s statue up with flip flops.

Let em crack on with it, they’ll soon get bored when only 100 people turn up and nobody gives a flying fuck what they are shouting about.

If they distrupt the game on normal fans behalf then the gloves are off as far I am concerned. There’s nothing that’s happened of late at this football club that warrants that scale of protest. 

Will there be 100? Be surprised at that. You’re dead right about the game disruption thing  - could get nasty, I’ll find it hard to say nowt if any of them idiots are near me.