Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Lostock Whites

Sweaty Ken

Recommended Posts

There's nothing McGinlay has said that is any worse than a Gary Neville or similar. Christ, there's nothing worse he's said than Keith Andrews, but the club won't be trying to dictate to Sky who they have covering the game. It's pathetic.

Whatever anyone says, if someone speaks out about Ken posters on here will find reason to slate them, and vice versa with Twitter. The club is divided, and it's a shame that extends to folk turning on a bonafide club legend who's heart is ultimately in the right place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tombwfc said:

There's nothing McGinlay has said that is any worse than a Gary Neville or similar. Christ, there's nothing worse he's said than Keith Andrews, but the club won't be trying to dictate to Sky who they have covering the game. It's pathetic.

Whatever anyone says, if someone speaks out about Ken posters on here will find reason to slate them, and vice versa with Twitter. The club is divided, and it's a shame that extends to folk turning on a bonafide club legend who's heart is ultimately in the right place.

When have Neville or Andrews led a protest march ? 

As for KA being untouchable on here that is not true I would say most people would prefer him gone but just want a suitable replacement first. 

Edited by Ani

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

That’s a long sentence for football hooligan WTF did you do? 

Forgot about the return button.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

That’s a long sentence for football hooligan WTF did you do? 

when i read that first i thought you were saying he was thick and then noticed the prison sentence ](*,)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ani said:

When have Neville or Andrews led a protest march ? 

As for KA being untouchable on here that is not true I would say most people would prefer him gone but just want a suitable replacement first. 

Correct sir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ani said:

When have Neville or Andrews led a protest march ? 

As for KA being untouchable on here that is not true I would say most people would prefer him gone but just want a suitable replacement first. 

 

I'm not saying it's pro-Ken, but it's certainly anti-everything-anti-Ken. I'm not even saying people are wrong to look at both sides (even if I disagree), but it's definitely not one side or the other who see everything he does through the same prism.

As for McGinlay, he'll be walking around the stadium with about 60 people, not charging the place screaming 'Fuck the Andersons'. Whether it impacts his suitability to commentate on the game (it doesn't) is a matter for the BBC, not the club.

There's actually genuine good news in Ken's statement - the money we owe to various people has been repaid and that Mrs Remi Matthews didn't quit her job for nothing - but even then he can't help himself but be a cunt. 

Edited by Tombwfc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

 

I'm not saying it's pro-Ken, but it's certainly anti-everything-anti-Ken. I'm not even saying people are wrong to look at both sides (even if I disagree), but it's definitely not one side or the other who see everything he does through the same prism.

As for McGinlay, he'll be walking around the stadium with about 60 people, not charging the place screaming 'Fuck the Andersons'. Whether it impacts his suitability to commentate on the game (it doesn't) is a matter for the BBC, not the club.

There's actually genuine good news in Ken's statement - the money we owe to various people has been repaid and that Mrs Remi Matthews didn't quit her job for nothing - but even then he can't help himself but be a cunt. 

Ok I can agree with most of that. But the size of the protest is not relevant. I think what pisses people of on here is that if you are not anti Ken you are classed as Pro Ken. For all his many faults he is the only show in town.

All press passes are at the discretion of the club  Iles had many pops at the club and never says anything good to see SJM dropping to same level is sad. In terms of other pundits such as Neville they also give credit where it is due. 

You say there is lot of positives in latest statement but it gets one line in the Bolton News on the debt, at the of the Kepler signing article. Journalists need to report the news it has clearly come personal and that means they are no longer doing their job. 

Personally I would have let them keep press credentials but revoked VIP passes. Let’s remember no one is banned from ground just privileges been withdrawn. 

Edited by Ani

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still can’t see what our Ken has done wrong.

As us sane people point out, he’s the best deal at the moment, saved the club and does his best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tombwfc said:

There's nothing McGinlay has said that is any worse than a Gary Neville or similar. Christ, there's nothing worse he's said than Keith Andrews, but the club won't be trying to dictate to Sky who they have covering the game. It's pathetic.

When McGinlay starts stumping up the same as Sky do to come to games I’m sure he’ll be welcomed back with open arms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tombwfc said:

 

I'm not saying it's pro-Ken, but it's certainly anti-everything-anti-Ken. I'm not even saying people are wrong to look at both sides (even if I disagree), but it's definitely not one side or the other who see everything he does through the same prism.

As for McGinlay, he'll be walking around the stadium with about 60 people, not charging the place screaming 'Fuck the Andersons'. Whether it impacts his suitability to commentate on the game (it doesn't) is a matter for the BBC, not the club.

There's actually genuine good news in Ken's statement - the money we owe to various people has been repaid and that Mrs Remi Matthews didn't quit her job for nothing - but even then he can't help himself but be a cunt. 

If McGinley had criticised the way you ran your home, led 60 fuckwits in a protest march around it and then wanted to come in and sit in your living room for free tea and biscuits would you let him? I wouldn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Biganddaft said:

I did things i am ashamed of but I also ended up with 78 stitches away at Luton so maybe I Wasent as tough as I thought I was, I was arrested for beating up a Chelsea fan in a league Cup game he ended up in a coma I did 3 years, like I said not proud of it, no one deserves to end up in hospital because of a football match, I am not proud of it and its not who I am now, I used to think it was exciting, pathetic, but you grow up and you learn, but that's irrelevant now, I love my club now, I suffer from arthritis now and I am 58, am I allowed to move on and just support my club? 

A gutsy post.

You've paid your dues, seen the light, now come along and watch the whites. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheWanderer1958 said:

What pub are we all meeting in before the Forrest Green Rovers game chaps?

 

Village Inn, Nailsworth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bury fans having a laugh!

DxQ_-EUX0AAj0P8.jpg

 

Edited by Sluffy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, tkonion said:

If McGinley had criticised the way you ran your home, led 60 fuckwits in a protest march around it and then wanted to come in and sit in your living room for free tea and biscuits would you let him? I wouldn't.

 

But that's the point isn't it? It's not Ken Anderson's home. It's a football club which has been around for 150 years, not the personal fiefdom of some sweaty agent.

It's bad enough the website (by his own admission) is now primarily used to settle whatever petty row he's got himself into that week, without him extending that to match-days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Bury fans having a laugh!

DxQ_-EUX0AAj0P8.jpg

 

A rare show of solidarity there from our inbred Mancunian cousins...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Bury fans having a laugh!

DxQ_-EUX0AAj0P8.jpg

 

Know one of them lads, been giving me banter for weeks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw has McGinlay died? 

There is a bolton fans Facebook page and it’s like a bleeding memorial page, folk posting pictures they have had with him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

 

But that's the point isn't it? It's not Ken Anderson's home. It's a football club which has been around for 150 years, not the personal fiefdom of some sweaty agent.

It's bad enough the website (by his own admission) is now primarily used to settle whatever petty row he's got himself into that week, without him extending that to match-days.

But as I don't own a football club and I presume you don't either the analogy of our homes is the nearest thing I could think of and I think is valid. So would you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

 

But that's the point isn't it? It's not Ken Anderson's home. It's a football club which has been around for 150 years, not the personal fiefdom of some sweaty agent.

It's bad enough the website (by his own admission) is now primarily used to settle whatever petty row he's got himself into that week, without him extending that to match-days.

Like it or not - but it is kens home - he is the sole owner of BWFC - we are merely customers - no matter what we think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lead a protest about a restaurant against the owners would you expect to dine for free afterwards? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bwfc2003 said:

Like it or not - but it is kens home - he is the sole owner of BWFC - we are merely customers - no matter what we think

 

Sorry, that's bollocks. A football club is not a privately owned home, or any other business. There's a reason none of us are racking up hundreds of posts on TescoWays or DietCokeNuts, and there's a reason thousands will keep going to a freezing cold corner of Horwich every other week to be bored and miserable.

'He owns it, he can do what he likes' isn't valid, unless you also think it'd be fair game for him to rename us Ken Anderson FC and have Lee starting up front.

This situation has far more in common with something like Trump and Jim Acosta than it does restaurants or who you invite into your house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He isn’t ‘doing what he likes’.

Removing the media privelages of 2 bone heads who having been spouting crap and wanting the club to go into administration is a completely rational and logical thing to do.

it doesn’t come under him ‘doing what he likes’.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Eddie said:

If there is one silver lining to come out of the current situation, it is that quite a lot of people are starting to realise just how much Eddie Davies actually did for this club, and how much he actually bankrolled us to eventually see the heights we saw.

It wasn’t a tax fix, he didn’t “take loads out of the club”, there was nothing to see in the interest charged on the early debt and it wasn’t just clever accounting.

We lost money just like we do now, just to a greater extent, but that man chucked money in every year to cover the shortfall and therefore let us carry on with top 8 premier league football and European adventures.

The shit he got accused of, just because people didn’t take the time to understand what was actually happening, rather than just listening to the first thing they heard, was criminal. He should have a statue outside of the ground, instead his name got dragged through the mud and he ended his tenure on “bad terms”.

If there is one lesson to be learnt it is that joe public shouldn’t be so quick to shout about the first theory that they hear, it’s often the wrong one.

Bob on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.