Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

• Moderators
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

I’m pro Kenneth but if he’s gambling this deal over a £400k tax bill he needs to sort his head out. 

That's nearly a year in consultancy fees so no wonder he wants to avoid paying it with all the consulting he must've done

2 hours ago, snowball said:

I know all about rumours but fwiw i heard that an agreement had been reached between a consortium (with a local connection) £27 million mentioned as purchase price. After set to be announced Sweaty came back and said he expected the new buyers to foot the corporation tax on the deal again a figure of £400k indicated. Consortium said no and gave ken 10 days to reconsider or they abandon deal altogether. They gambling ken needs to sell now as more loans/wages/bills due soon and that he would come back to them.Friday last ken asked for talks to resume. 

Could all be bollocks but think its getting to shit or get off the pot time

Source has been named on WW before but not as prospective buyer but usually reliable tbf

Won’t be corporation tax, i’d Have thought

Edited by boltondiver

2 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

How did you figure that out? Burnden Leisure is 94.5% owned by a UK company, Inner Circle Investments Ltd. UK companies pay corporation tax on profits and gains so if it sells shares at a profit  or gain it pays corporation tax on it, doesn't it.

Yes, I did amend it afterwards, to include “I’d have thought”

At 400k, not so much profit, then?

22 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

How did you figure that out? Burnden Leisure is 94.5% owned by a UK company, Inner Circle Investments Ltd. UK companies pay corporation tax on profits and gains so if it sells shares at a profit  or gain it pays corporation tax on it, doesn't it.

Is that not capital gains tax?

10 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Let’s be honest none of us know what the fuck is going on or even less so how much tax and why anyone is having to pay. Can we move this to the getting on my tits thread please 

Agree with this - no one knows what is happening - apart from what Sweaty is telling us - and we will only know it has happened once they announce a press conference

3 hours ago, snowball said:

I know all about rumours but fwiw i heard that an agreement had been reached between a consortium (with a local connection) £27 million mentioned as purchase price. After set to be announced Sweaty came back and said he expected the new buyers to foot the corporation tax on the deal again a figure of £400k indicated. Consortium said no and gave ken 10 days to reconsider or they abandon deal altogether. They gambling ken needs to sell now as more loans/wages/bills due soon and that he would come back to them.Friday last ken asked for talks to resume. 

Could all be bollocks but think its getting to shit or get off the pot time

Source has been named on WW before but not as prospective buyer but usually reliable tbf

The rumour you heard may be incorrect. Many often are but everything you have said has the distinct ring of credibility about it.

12 hours ago, DazBob said:

What are all the financial experts on here going to do if/when the deal is concluded?

So you think its going to be all hunkydory when the next lot takes over, do you?

BWFC websites seem to me to be a bit like car boot sales. Most of what you see is garbage but occasionally you can pick up something that's interesting. Snowball's contribution  today looks like one of those rarities. If its a fake its a damn good one.

Edited by Chris Custodiet

16 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

So approx 1.7 mill for Sweaty 

That seems  to be about the size of it, less the tax KA would have to pay to get the cash out of ICIL. He could take a few lessons from his planet-saving pal at FGR on that one:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/environment/11413504/The-wind-tycoon-the-donations-to-Labour-and-36m-in-subsidies.html

If theTelegraph had followed it up they might have noticed how Ecotricity bought back 20 x £0.01 shares from Dale Vince for £7million in 2016. Result? HMRC has to repay the 25% tax the company paid on its loans to Vince and Vince gets £7million free of income tax and national insurance.

Oh and I forgot! Vince's 100% ownership of the company is unaffected.

Edited by Chris Custodiet