Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

1 hour ago, birch-chorley said:

I know he’s the owner, so was ED when he sold it for £1. Are we any further on than then? Not for me 

He’s only managed to ‘spin plates’ as ED has injected money as and when. How’s that much different from where ED was owner and Trevor Birch was the one trying to balance the books? 

Its my opinion of course but I can’t see any reason why the club is in a better state now than it was three years ago. As Mounts says it’s still a car crash, without any investment it appears that we are likely going to go bump. The can has been kicked down the road for three years on the back of Clough, Madine and loans from ED amongst other supporters 

I’m not a Ken hater, I don’t expect him to put any of his own money in or out daft like that but on the flip side I don’t see that he has done enough to turn his £1 investment into £1.7m. If we looked like we were safely going to stay in this league then he would have a case of course 

Somehow he managed to get 6 million paid up front for Madine. If he had got 4 and was walking away with nowt nobody would be batting an eyelid

• Moderators

We're no better on or off the pitch than when he took over and fans are staying away in numbers

Not sure how you quantify what he deserves to make out of a sale, we don't even know what he took in consultancy fees last season and this, if he's taken £1m plus does he deserves another £1.7m?

So long as all the bills and debts acquired during his reign are settled he can make as much as he wants from the sale, or as much as the buyers want to pay him

But if he's trying to leave unpaid council rates, wages, loans or tax bills etc accrued during his watch he can get fucked

I suppose that part is ultimately between him and the buyer. If they deem it necessary to pay him, it doesn't really make a difference to the club or to me.

How much of a twat he is, will I'm sure be further underlined when the accounts come out and whatever consultancy fees/survival bonuses paid to him are revealed. But hopefully he'll be long gone by then and that'll be moot too.

No one knows how much he has taken out of the club and what he will make in the eventual sale.

I’m guessing it will be significantly more than the speculated figures.

The worry is what he leaves behind. 

The club is currently running on fresh air and he doesn’t give a fucking shit! 

He never has.

15 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Problem is unless the owner is a fan which is a rareity these days nobody really gives a shit about anything other than their own pockets. 

We were spoiled by ED and Those days are  now behind us so we better get used to unscrupulous twats sadly. 

Unfortunately, that is the case for most football clubs as you say. Some people seem to like unscrupulous twats though, even when they are fleecing their club. 

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Unfortunately, that is the case for most football clubs as you say. Some people seem to like unscrupulous twats though, even when they are fleecing their club. 

Fuck me, mate

How much does he owe you. :)

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Let’s not forget the £1.7m figure was dreamt up on here. 

Let's remember that the£1.7m was not 'dreamt up' but  was calculated from a plausible leak. But it is true enough that the fat lady isn't singing yet and we still don't know the size of any consultancy fees paid in 2018.

We do know that the BN still hasn't published how much Dean Holdsworth cost the club or profited from it. Neither has the BN noticed that 90% of the £525K in 2017 was spent on securing Holdsworth's shares and staving off Blumarble both of which were essential to progressing any possible deal with new owners.

It has gone on too long for sure but I do wonder whether the activities of the BN and others only strengthened KA's resolve to walk off with as much as he could get.

Edited by Chris Custodiet

29 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Let's remember that the£1.7m was not 'dreamt up' but  was calculated from a plausible leak. But it is true enough that the fat lady isn't singing yet and we still don't know the size of any consultancy fees paid in 2018.

We do know that the BN still hasn't published how much Dean Holdsworth cost the club or profited from it. Neither has the BN noticed that 90% of the £525K in 2017 was spent on securing Holdsworth's shares and staving off Blumarble both of which were essential to progressing any possible deal with new owners.

It has gone on too long for sure but I do wonder whether the activities of the BN and others only strengthened KA's resolve to walk off with as much as he could get.

We are now in the third account period since the take over. 16/17 has been declared. 17/18 are due soon and we are now in 18/19. He could and still can, pay himself whatever he wants.

Once he lost ED as his back up, the writing was on the wall for him. Any dispute he has with whoever is just a convenient cover. 

Plausablen

39 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Does it all really matter as long as we haven’t gone bust and the club ends up in wealthier hands?

18 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Plausablen

Does it all really matter as long as we haven’t gone bust and the club ends up in wealthier hands?

Of course, not going bust is the main priority 

This new firm headed up by Jules’s pal from Cheshire doesn’t seem full of money though so any profit Ken makes is coming out of investment the new lot are putting into the club. Which is limited so we need to make the most of it, do I guess it does matter to a certain extent 

I recall Heathcoat getting vilified for making a profit out of the club, plenty of that flack came from Teflon Ken himself in some of his chairman’s ramblings. I’d wager that Heathcoat hasn’t made anywhere near £1.7m profit out of the club even if you went back 10 years 

27 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

This new firm headed up by Jules’s pal from Cheshire doesn’t seem full of money though so any profit Ken makes is coming out of investment the new lot are putting into the club. Which is limited so we need to make the most of it, do I guess it does matter to a certain extent 

Agreed and if you factor in the probable 2018 consultancy fee and the grief suppliers and permanent staff have been facing I would not defend KA jeopardising the club's prospects by holding off for a big payday.  £2.1m pre-tax plus the £472K spent on Holdsworth's shares is a big payday imo.

Edited by Chris Custodiet

16 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

I recall Heathcoat getting vilified for making a profit out of the club, plenty of that flack came from Teflon Ken himself in some of his chairman’s ramblings. I’d wager that Heathcoat hasn’t made anywhere near £1.7m profit out of the club even if you went back 10 years 

You need to get your definitions right of profit. Especially when comparing what heathcote has ‘taken’ from the club.

alongside the £500k consultancy fee that £1.7m covers his time investment, shit handling and pumping in short term loans.

11 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

You need to get your definitions right of profit. Especially when comparing what heathcote has ‘taken’ from the club.

alongside the £500k consultancy fee that £1.7m covers his time investment, shit handling and pumping in short term loans.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m in no way saying anyone should work for free 

However Ken has been critical of all and sundry over the past three years for taking money out of the club, Heathcoats was just an example. Ken can’t be so critical of others without opening himself up to similar criticism if he is trying to take £1.7m out of the club when it seems only weeks away from going under 

I hope the Cheshire lad isn't naive enough to give Ken a £2 million profit in the next couple of weeks, he will be in a stronger bargaining position for a cut price deal in a few weeks when Ken has either relegated the club or put it in administration.
As another poster has said this money is better going into BWFC than going to Anderson.It's been shit following Bolton for years I can wait another few weeks to get Anderson out for less money

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:
I hope the Cheshire lad isn't naive enough to give Ken a £2 million profit in the next couple of weeks, he will be in a stronger bargaining position for a cut price deal in a few weeks when Ken has either relegated the club or put it in administration.
As another poster has said this money is better going into BWFC than going to Anderson.It's been shit following Bolton for years I can wait another few weeks to get Anderson out for less money

You say it as though you relish the fact that a cheaper option will occur when (if) we are relegated or put into receivership. Are you waiting for the day you can smile and say, "Told you so!" or something similar? I don't think either is what's needed for the club. I'd rather KA keeps it a very sellable asset.

13 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

We're no better on or off the pitch than when he took over and fans are staying away in numberS

We were bottom of the Championship ten points shy of safety with an astronomical wage bill, so you could argue we’re in better nick both on and off the pitch.

The official gate for the game against Ipswich the week before the takeover was 1,800 short of the gate for the Norwich game.