Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

Long had a distrust of the Ben from my days at the council. Happy to point out the cost and disruption of any project but no mention of why it needs doing. It was especially bad during the Newport Street Bridge sheme and the Churchgate refurbishment (on that note her at ye old pasty shop can fuck off too) .

10 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Thing is if KA sees it as a continued attack on him from Iles, and that the editor seems happy to sanction his approach then it could result in the BN totally being banned from the ground, so no match reports, previews etc

Given that the footy is probably one of the main reasons for visiting the BN site, and that they are increasingly reliant on click-bait, having no story to report buggers them up on that front.

If I were the editor, I'd be telling Iles to wind his neck in

Neck, you say? 

5 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Long had a distrust of the Ben from my days at the council. Happy to point out the cost and disruption of any project but no mention of why it needs doing. It was especially bad during the Newport Street Bridge sheme and the Churchgate refurbishment (on that note her at ye old pasty shop can fuck off too) .

I mean, it isn't right, but I can understand the reasons behind, one sided, one eyed, politically motivated reporting from the national press.

But what does a local paper have to gain from it? Irritating the football club, council etc...I'm not asking for propaganda pieces. Just not trying to go to war with the owner of the club, and trying to show some reporting balance. 

3 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I mean, it isn't right, but I can understand the reasons behind, one sided, one eyed, politically motivated reporting from the national press.

But what does a local paper have to gain from it? Irritating the football club, council etc...I'm not asking for propaganda pieces. Just not trying to go to war with the owner of the club, and trying to show some reporting balance. 

The council and the football club must be the source of 75% of its content so pissing them off is very silly indeed. 

• Moderators
17 hours ago, gonzo said:

And in turn hoiks the twitter divs in to firth and co’s massive agenda

Shortland is in the replies to that tweet suggesting KA made his wife a director for a week

is that the sort of thing that can be proved, as in, is there a paper trail?

if you can prove it, it doesn't look very good for KA

I'm all for these folk going over the detail, questioning everything and potentially bringing KA to task if owt dodgy is going, but only if the claims can be substantiated, or there is proof

so how do we find out if KA's wife was made director for a week?

• Moderators

as for Iles, I don't think he does that much any other local rag journo in his position would do

if he went to KA for his opinon in order to shape every story he writes, it'd be a pretty boring news day, most days

he should maybe ask for the odd comment, i.e. "I'm going with this story, care to comment?" - but don't blame him on things like the players striking

and given the amount of social media and ways to extract what's going on at the club, I doubt you'd notice much other than odd quote if he was banned from the ground - and you could just as easily go on youtube for pre/post match interviews and lift quotes from that - his job these days, like most "journalists", will be to drive clicks and impressions on the BN site and it's social platforms.   KA endorsed statements are less likely to do that than sensationalist clickbait.  Sad but true.

15 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Shortland is in the replies to that tweet suggesting KA made his wife a director for a week

I'm all for these folk going over the detail, questioning everything and potentially bringing KA to task if owt dodgy is going, but only if the claims can be substantiated, or there is proof

What is the accusation - I don't read Shortland? Its all in public record and I believe Ken even acknowledged at the time she was appointed as a director. She was director for a week after DH resigned and the shares transferred. 

24 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

It will be on permanent record at companies house.

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

What is the accusation - I don't read Shortland? Its all in public record and I believe Ken even acknowledged at the time she was appointed as a director. She was director for a week after DH resigned and the shares transferred. 

the suggestion, or accusation, depending on how you look at it, is that 525k was paid to directors making KA the highest paid director by far in the champsionship (and apparently 650k if you include LA), the median being 135k

KA said:

"For a start no director’s salary has ever been paid to me. Furthermore, there were other directors at the time included in the Directors’ figures mentioned. It is correct though to say that fees were paid to businesses associated with me and this has always been disclosed as it’s a statutory obligation to do so. "

Shortland seems to be suggesting that KA's wife was one of these directors

2 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

the suggestion, or accusation, depending on how you look at it, is that 525k was paid to directors making KA the highest paid director by far in the champsionship (and apparently 650k if you include LA), the median being 135k

KA said:

"For a start no director’s salary has ever been paid to me. Furthermore, there were other directors at the time included in the Directors’ figures mentioned. It is correct though to say that fees were paid to businesses associated with me and this has always been disclosed as it’s a statutory obligation to do so. "

Shortland seems to be suggesting that KA's wife was one of these directors

What date was the fee paid? Shortland is guessing.

Burnden Leisure record here....

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00335699/officers

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

What date was the fee paid? Shortland is guessing.

Burnden Leisure record here....

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00335699/officers

according to the graph, sometime in 2017

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1047915063997353985

according to that list in the link, the only directors active in 2017 were Mrs Anderson and Deano

1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

according to the graph, sometime in 2017

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1047915063997353985

according to that list in the link, the only directors active in 2017 were Mrs Anderson and Deano

My guess is its the fee to Holdsworth who was a director till 25th August 2017. 

Shortland - having looked at his tweet isn't alleging the £525K was paid to the Anderson's. He's alleging that KA paid himself £199K and his wife £199K because amounts below 200K don't need to be declared. It is absolutely baseless. If you want to be cynical you'll believe that. But his wife perhaps was a director for a week for administrative reasons whilst the shares transfers took place. He didn't add her the year before - so lets see if she's added for a week this year. 

43 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I say it to the wife all the time when she’s had a browse through my phone.

You can read what you want to read from this kind of stuff. If you’re hell bent on seeing something dodgy, it will appear. 

I reckon your phone would give our accounts a run for their money when it comes to dodgy content :D

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

My guess is its the fee to Holdsworth who was a director till 25th August 2017. 

Shortland - having looked at his tweet isn't alleging the £525K was paid to the Anderson's. He's alleging that KA paid himself £199K and his wife £199K because amounts below 200K don't need to be declared. It is absolutely baseless. If you want to be cynical you'll believe that. But his wife perhaps was a director for a week for administrative reasons whilst the shares transfers took place. He didn't add her the year before - so lets see if she's added for a week this year. 

I think with all this guesswork you'll sway one way if you are pro KA and the other if you are anti KA

I'm KA skeptic, so question it either way

it would be good to know what the split of those directors fees was last year- KA goes so far as saying there were other directors paid, but doesn't specify further, but there were only 2 - I am sure if DH had helped himself to a big wage (in addition to the alleged chunk of the BM loan he pockted), KA would be quick to point the finger

also note that DH sold his shares to KA in March.  So he must've got paid handsomely for 3 months - and I doubt that the sale of shares would  be covered by directors wages, but they might be, am no expert. 

I'm also inclined to think that once the shares were signed over, KA isn't going to be paying DH such a significant amount and not take anything himself or his wife.

all guess work and mostly questions though, I admit, but I'm not convinced DH took all or even the lions share of directors wages/fees for 2017 given he was bought out in March and officially gone by August.

I think what will be interesting is the comparison when the next accounts/figures are released in relation to consultancy fees paid to his companies, and directors fees which now would only be paid to him, or his wife

3 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Her name is Anna Kenderson