Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Young Daughter Of Wanderers Fan Seeking Sponsorship

Sluffy

Hope no one minds me posting this.

One of our regulars on Bolton Nuts (Leeds Trotter) has told us about his twelve year old niece (her father also a fellow Bolton fan and occasional Nuts poster - Leeds Wanderer) running 5k on Sunday (Santa's Dash) to raise money for the hospice where her grandma died five years ago.

this is what he posted on Nuts -

My brothers 12 year old daughter is doing a 5k run this Sunday for the hospice our Nan sadly passed away in 5 years ago.
Now I know times are hard for everyone and I know it's near Christmas, however she was wondering if her fellow Wanderers would help her raise some money for St Gemma's hospice of Leeds. They do a fantastic job at making the last moments of someone's life really comfortable and as enjoyable as if can be. Not only do they look after their patients they also look after their families when they are in needs of support.
Whether it's 50p, A few quid or £5, every penny counts and would make Ellie really happy knowing that not only are her fellow Wanderers behind her, but that she has also raised money for a place so close to her heart.

Thank you.

We've done what we can for her on Nuts and would be very humble and grateful if fellow Wanderers could help young Ellie with her worth cause.

Thank you

The link to the post and following thread on Nuts - 

http://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t17031-little-wanderers-5k-run#353074

Hope no one minds me posting this.

One of our regulars on Bolton Nuts (Leeds Trotter) has told us about his twelve year old niece (her father also a fellow Bolton fan and occasional Nuts poster - Leeds Wanderer) running 5k on Sunday (Santa's Dash) to raise money for the hospice where her grandma died five years ago.

this is what he posted on Nuts -

My brothers 12 year old daughter is doing a 5k run this Sunday for the hospice our Nan sadly passed away in 5 years ago
Now I know times are hard for everyone and I know it's near Christmas, however she was wondering if her fellow Wanderers would help her raise some money for St Gemma's hospice of Leeds. They do a fantastic job at making the last moments of someone's life really comfortable and as enjoyable as if can be. Not only do they look after their patients they also look after their families when they are in needs of support.
Whether it's 50p, A few quid or £5, every penny counts and would make Ellie really happy knowing that not only are her fellow Wanderers behind her, but that she has also raised money for a place so close to her heart.
Thank you.

We've done what we can for her on Nuts and would be very humble and grateful if fellow Wanderers could help young Ellie with her worth cause.

Thank you

The link to the post and following thread on Nuts - 

http://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t17031-little-wanderers-5k-run#353074

Is this the one that Lee Anderson was tweeting about yesterday?

Is this the one that Lee Anderson was tweeting about yesterday?

Yes it is.

A post from her uncle (Leeds Trotter) on Nuts today -

Thank you all for the support. I'm not on WW, but could somebody please thank the ones on there who have donated.

...and from her father (Leeds Wanderer) -

Just to keep you all upto date, Ellies first target was £100 which she smashed within the hour so she raised her target to £250, And now thanks to your generosity and compassion she as now reached that target and now as around £270 between her just giving page and her good old sponsor sheet. Thank you so so much

A thank you from myself too, the donations have been clearly appreciated by the family as can be seen by their many posts of thanks on the thread on Nuts (link to it in the opening post of this thread).

Ellie does her 5k on Sunday and any other donations to this very worthy cause, would be very welcomed.

Thank you.

It's

a

minor thing,

Ian,

but there's really no need

to

space

every post

out

like you do.

Sorry Chris.

I was just attempting to show that the gratitude was genuine from the two brothers (and myself) and perhaps over did the spacing.

My fault, no upset intended.  I'm sure non taken either.

For the attention of the mods/admin

The father of Ellie has been trying to join Wways for the last day or so to express his gratitude to the site, and would be grateful if you would allow him on to do so as soon as you can please.  Many thanks.

Sluffy thank you for your post on WanderersWays, I have signed up and validated but for some reason will not let me post on the topic. Could you say a big thank you to Ian Campbell and that me and Ellie really appreciate his kind donation, Ian I don't go to many games as of this year as I am taking time out to spend with the family but I would love to meet up at some point with you and go to a few games with you, As soon as I can post my gratitude I will be doing, once again a big thank you to you both.

Cheers pal, just waiting for admin to approve so I can post, But it like waiting for Alfie to be in the starting 11.

Sluffy would you mind posting on WanderersWays for me please on the thread for Ellie telling the admin to accept me, as I want to thank the people on there. Cheers pal

Hi Pal, Thank you very much for your donation, Ellie is overwhelmed at the support shown from yourself and others, Just hope the snow stays away tomorrow, Regarding Wanderers games, We are having time off this season as I work Sundays and have a daughter of 4 year old too and the past few years we have not had much family time due to mine and Ellie's commitments to Bolton Wanderers. In the future I would be more than happy to meet up with you and go to a couple of games with you. Thank you once again. Michael and Ellie.

Hi Pal, Thank you very much for your donation, Ellie is overwhelmed at the support shown from yourself and others, Just hope the snow stays away tomorrow, Regarding Wanderers games, We are having time off this season as I work Sundays and have a daughter of 4 year old too and the past few years we have not had much family time due to mine and Ellie's commitments to Bolton Wanderers. In the future I would be more than happy to meet up with you and go to a couple of games with you. Thank you once again. Michael and Ellie.

No worries mate. Family comes before football.

Hope the snow holds off for her. Tell her extra tenner if we get a point today. Double it if we win. ????

Just to keep you all upto date,

Ellie finished her run for St Gemma's and heres the certificate she got, thought it would be better than it is and atleast have her name on, But I'm one very proud dad, Thank you to everyone who donated it really means a lot to Ellie and your kind and generous donations as gone towards a very good cause and thank you to Sluffy who shared Ellie's just giving page and thankyou again to Sluffy who posted on here, Ellie managed to raise £307.20p as soon as we hand in the money is will post on here, Once again a big thank you to you all. Ellie and Michael.