Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nice Flashback For The Boxing Fans

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter

Naz was fookin brilliant for a time. Could've been on of the greats but it wasn't to be.

Proper loved him as a kid and he first for me in to boxing. Ace when he beat robinson.

Barrera ended him.

Same here. Remember sitting up with my old man for fucking hours waiting for a Naz fight (can't remember the opponent). He'd splashed out and paid for it on Sky pay-per-view and Naz knocked him out in about 25 seconds. My dad was fucking fuming.

Loved the old Naz fights as a kid. Remember about twenty of us used to pile around my friends Mum and Dad's attempt to drink the night away and stay up for the fight. Brilliant nights - and I've no problem with anybody being cocky when they've the talent to back it up.

Naz worked because he didn't believe he could be beaten - once he was he'd have never been the same again.

• Site Supporter

Loved the old Naz fights as a kid. Remember about twenty of us used to pile around my friends Mum and Dad's attempt to drink the night away and stay up for the fight. Brilliant nights - and I've no problem with anybody being cocky when they've the talent to back it up.

Naz worked because he didn't believe he could be beaten - once he was he'd have never been the same again.

Remember being in absolute awe when he did his flip over the ropes into the ring. Then his taunts during the fight, dancing and all that shit. Fucking legend. Probably wasn't one for the purists, but watching as a kid it was like seeing a real life super hero.

Remember being in absolute awe when he did his flip over the ropes into the ring. Then his taunts during the fight, dancing and all that shit. Fucking legend. Probably wasn't one for the purists, but watching as a kid it was like seeing a real life super hero.

Do you remember the one on Halloween where he came out through a graveyard with all the names of the boxers he'd knocked out? Brilliant fun! :-)

• Site Supporter

Do you remember the one on Halloween where he came out through a graveyard with all the names of the boxers he'd knocked out? Brilliant fun! :-)

Only now that you've reminded me!

HAHAHAHA Fucking superb. Pure showman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw9B13DPhT8

Edited by Cheese

Showed a re run of that benn v McClellan other day awesome fight

Loved Naz but that ^ was the best and most brutal fight I'd ever witnessed. The tragic aftermath meant it wasn't replayed for years. Benn was a flawed fighter but he had more balls than any of his British counterparts

I hated Naz, couldn't stand the cocky bastard, until he beat Kevin Kelly, what a fight that was. Watch his fights now, he was off the scale, funny as fuck with all his antics.

I went to watch him at The Men v Paul Ingle and wanted Ingle to kill him at the time, Naz was class.

There's a good interview with him on Sky somewhere, admitted he made a lot of mistakes, leaving Frank Warren was one.