Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1-2 Huddersfield

Gonk

Sucker punch with the two goals. Competed relatively well other than that. For all the talk of fixture congestion if we won - which I could more than live with - avoiding a replay is probably for the best.

Day summed up by Wolves cocking my treble up and making the mistake of going to Chiquito after the game.

Never known Bolton so dead, was like a fucking Sunday. The town is a shadow of it's former self.

Nothing for you to get your teeth in to? ????

• Moderators

It was sadly inevitable but has to be noteworthy how the warriors found a reason to have an argument with our fans nearest to theirs in the east

They wanted 6 empty seats and a big black sheet, then another 30 seats between bolton and huddersfield

Fcuk knows why the retards couldn't stand the Huddersfield side of the sheet

Also, that owd bag pretending to be disabled jumping up and down after their goals

Sucker punch with the two goals. Competed relatively well other than that. For all the talk of fixture congestion if we won - which I could more than live with - avoiding a replay is probably for the best.

Day summed up by Wolves cocking my treble up and making the mistake of going to Chiquito after the game.

Nothing for you to get your teeth in to?

Cracking shot by Col, I even caught that loose tooth in my hand when it flew out my gob. :)

this I assume it deflected but I thought it was a bad tackle on wheater.

Completely missed their goal, still looking at Wheater's leg to see if it was flopping about. Looked a grim tackle from my view.

Edited by whitewhizz

Got to say that was dogshit today, if Ken thinks people are going to come flocking back for that then he is truely deluded. The first half nothing happened apart from the terrible Wilbraham heading over from about 10 yards when it was easier to score. Second half was marginally better but it took Huddersfield to go two up before we decided to turn up le fondre didn't look interested and Noone was screaming for him to help out while chasing the goalkeeper down late in the game. I felt sorry for the two young lads trying to get on the pitch, parky had them stood there for ages waiting to get on they must have been bloody freezing I know I was. Huddersfield were shit and a bit more effort and we could have had a replay at least. The fa Cup really has lost its magic, how sad!

Got to say that was dogshit today, if Ken thinks people are going to come flocking back for that then he is truely deluded. The first half nothing happened apart from the terrible Wilbraham heading over from about 10 yards when it was easier to score. Second half was marginally better but it took Huddersfield to go two up before we decided to turn up le fondre didn't look interested and Noone was screaming for him to help out while chasing the goalkeeper down late in the game. I felt sorry for the two young lads trying to get on the pitch, parky had them stood there for ages waiting to get on they must have been bloody freezing I know I was. Huddersfield were shit and a bit more effort and we could have had a replay at least. The fa Cup really has lost its magic, how sad!

Agree with all that. It was an odd day. You wonder why you bother with the cup when the club haven’t been mithered for years. Why we didn’t have a go at this is beyond me.

It was there for the taking as imo neither team was arsed. The subs were odd and I don’t understand noone only getting a cameo if we are rotating the team. No idea what the delay was about with the 2 youngens coming on

Ave crowd for Huddersfield in 76 was 4500, when Bolton played them the crowd was 27,500, how many went over the Pennines that day in the FA Cup ?

Went in the main stand with my dad. 50/50 split I would guess but it is forty years ago and I can't even remember the score. Did we win 1-0?

Went in the main stand with my dad. 50/50 split I would guess but it is forty years ago and I can't even remember the score. Did we win 1-0?

Peter Reid scored the winner, seeing the team in the Hotel near the station early doors having a crack with all the Bolton fans was brilliant.

• Site Supporter

Ave crowd for Huddersfield in 76 was 4500, when Bolton played them the crowd was 27,500, how many went over the Pennines that day in the FA Cup ?

before my time mate but by the sounds a bloody lot from bolton

That was the draw of the FA Cup back then. Average league crowds meant nothing at all; if you got a home game in the FA Cup it was always going to boost the crowd. That said, I recall Bolton having at least one side and one end behind the goal. May have been more.

That was the draw of the FA Cup back then. Average league crowds meant nothing at all; if you got a home game in the FA Cup it was always going to boost the crowd. That said, I recall Bolton having at least one side and one end behind the goal. May have been more.

Said this before but remember waiting on the coach at kearsley roundabout while over 100+ coaches of Bolton fans passed underneath on there way to Huddersfield the excitement building to see the match and that following was something I’ll never forget will the kids of today ever get that feeling? Sadly I doubt it, truly different times and a great shame.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

We caught our bus from the Ribble stand at Moor Lane. A great day out. There was very little in the way of segregation once at the ground. In fact, Huddersfield fans had to run the gauntlet through the Bolton fans to get to the toilet. One lad was gobbing off on his way through, just in front of us when a Bolton fan walked up to him and just head-butted across the bridge of his nose. I remember thinking "Well, that escalated quickly!" or similar.

Remember we had the big side and the open terrace behind the goal, think the main stand was a bit of a mix. Remember listening to the cup draw while stuck in the traffic after the game and drawing Newcastle at home. Lots of punching the air with excitement from everyone in cars around us.