Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Qpr 2-0 Wanderers

victor meldrew

• Site Supporter

Tomski and I discussed this today. How can you be great at home and so shocking away. It's football, on similar sized pitches. It makes no real sense at all.

always mystified me

Must be in the heed

only possible conclusion, although away fans usually offer better support than home fans

Just back & not impressed.

Alnwick was indecisive, the defence was disorganised & lost most of the ariel challenges, Robinson was back to his worst but Little outdid him by getting himself sent off, our midfield was non-existant with the ball & we were toothless upfront ( Walker looks a bit lightweight )

The fans had a good go at lifting the team after the sending off, but i'm stuggling for any other positives .Not good.

If the team performed like the fans we would be fine, absolutely superb noise second half.

To go away, against a very average team and make the goalie make 1 save and have a couple of half chances is just good enough.

We looked like we had no idea going forward.

3rd team change in 3 games, it's like he puts all the names in a hat and draws 11 out.

Do we not work on passing the ball to someone in the same colour shirt in training ?

Good day, but very frustrating. 1 win in 40 away games at this level, what is going on behind the scenes ?

Team selection was poor, what’s walker done in his career or shown to be a starter ahead off Alf or Clough? Why did Burke start ahead of an in form Dervite? Robinson is such a bad footballer I’m amazed he’s even got a contract at Everton, and why have we loaned Charsley from Everton who’s supposed to be a playmaker something we’re desperate for and not play him? Saying all that game plan was going ok until little got sent off at that point we were in a position to send on Clough and Le Fondre for the last 30 minutes to give it a go at getting all 3 points. Think we have to put this down as a very bad day at the office but Parky is going to have to change the game plan soon and gamble on a more bold and expansive game plan which involves Clough, Le Fondre and Ameobi as a front 3. By the way saw Vela get off the train at Stockport with a big protective boot on his foot so can’t see him available on Tuesday but that’s no big loss IF Pratley is fit.

I’m not having that as a red. It’s a horrible challenge, but only in the sense that he seems to have completely lost the location of the ball and is tackling an area in which you might reasonably expect the ball to be.

He pretty much just trundles into him. He’s not particularly flying in, he’s not high and it isn’t really two-footed.

There are worse challenges than that go unpunished every week.

The ref seemed to really enjoy showing him the card.

I’m not having that as a red. It’s a horrible challenge, but only in the sense that he seems to have completely lost the location of the ball and is tackling an area in which you might reasonably expect the ball to be.

He pretty much just trundles into him. He’s not particularly flying in, he’s not high and it isn’t really two-footed.

There are worse challenges than that go unpunished every week.

The ref seemed to really enjoy showing him the card.

This. I mean you can't appeal it because there is probably justification for it being a red. But if you're giving a red for that then you're sending off 2 or 3 a game. Many times I've seen worse not even get a yellow.

Kevin Davies would have been suspended for half his career.