Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Indian Takeaways.

embankment

Following on from a few comments on the Lostock thread.

I reckon a lot of us enjoy a good Indian. Now I do have my own favorite ,The Balti Taste on Market St Westhoughton. The food is excellent and I have never had a bad dish. This Indian is flanked by 2 others within 20 yards , so it is not just handy to get to.

But I would have no problem visiting others that have been recommended.

Favorite dishes.

Lamb Kharahi.

Tandouri Chicken.

Also enjoy a good Bhuna.

Fucking hungry now... Locally to me, Red Sea gets good reviews, bit of glass smashing bantz between them and Purple Lounge keeps them in the public eye... Amans ont Lance nice, Shabaaz in Boothstown lovely, but balance for price, quality and service Cottage Tandoori in Walkden

Big fan of Aman’s on the Lancs along with Chennai which is further down near Bent’s Garden Centre. Curry Pot in Atherton is our general go-to one for a home delivery.

Chicken tikka korai is my personal favourite though tikka masala is vastly underrated I reckon. Curry Pot set meal includes a tikka masala and a lamb rogan josh and goes down a treat.

Following on from a few comments on the Lostock thread.

I reckon a lot of us enjoy a good Indian. Now I do have my own favorite ,The Balti Taste on Market St Westhoughton. The food is excellent and I have never had a bad dish. This Indian is flanked by 2 others within 20 yards , so it is not just handy to get to.

But I would have no problem visiting others that have been recommended.

Favorite dishes.

Lamb Kharahi.

Tandouri Chicken.

Also enjoy a good Bhuna.

Indian Ocean a few doors up is excellent too.

LW eats at loads of different curry places, I reckon he'd know the best ones in Bolton. I'm sure he'll be along - the shorty

EFA

Anyway, I love a good curry but as a stereotypical Brit I particularly enjoy naan in a creamy type sauce and I can’t stand green peppers which are prevalent in many. so having tried a few other dishes often go back to a Massalla. Any alternative Indian dish recommendations that have a little more kick but retain that creaminess? I have no idea

• Members

Indian takeaways and Bolton have my nostalgic juices flowing.

Due to complications, our first born (son, who a few of you have met) didn't arrive when he should have and consequently, I was sat on a wall on St. Georges Road eating a King Prawn Biryani from Abduls when he decided to commence his entrance into the world.

I'd been ringing in to Townleys all night because I was out on a pre-arranged pub crawl around Bolton with a 6 foot 7 inch South African rugby playing mate of mine who had relocated to Cleckheaton to be a walloper. As an aside, when we had eaten the curries we went round to the phone boxes on the bridge over the Croal near the Market Hall and after 10 minutes of waiting whilst some bloke was talking drunken jibberish on the only phone that worked, my mate reached in and grabbed him by the throat and lifted him out of the telephone box with a terse "Out you. This is an emergency". Surprisingly, the bloke didn't want to argue  :D

Getting way off topic I know but suffice to say that on the instruction over the phone to "Get here quickly", we jumped in front of a taxi to stop it and by the time we got there my son had just come out and was handed to me wrapped in a towel the second I walked into the theatre (which resembled something from Texas Chainsaw Massacre due to them deciding to C section).

Good curries from Abdul's. No doubt long gone now? Think he may have got done a couple of time for serving crow as chicken - a la Wrights Arms to the Coronation Street cast.

EFA

Anyway, I love a good curry but as a stereotypical Brit I particularly enjoy naan in a creamy type sauce and I can’t stand green peppers which are prevalent in many. so having tried a few other dishes often go back to a Massalla. Any alternative Indian dish recommendations that have a little more kick but retain that creaminess? I have no idea

Dhansak?

• Members

Was Abdul’s across the road from Shimul’s, or is that reference lost on you?

No mate - i seem to recall it was. Or was it on the same side a few doors down? Can't quite recall but think you are correct and they were very close to each other.

My old man owned a private hire/taxi firm a bit further along the road towards Knowsley Street but on the opposite side of the road.

In the early to mid 80’s the one on St Georges Rd opposite Shimuls was called “Asia Tandoori” i seem to remember the owner “Maurice” died under mysterious circumstances. The Taxi gaff close by was called Westminster Taxis at that time.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

Rivaj wrightington.

Thindian in Leyland is decent and they do a load of options cooked without oil that taste great and don’t make you feel like shit for three days after

If you like Thai food then get down to Siam House in Standish. It’s a takeaway but restaurant quality, we’ve been about 10 times in the last 6 months. Best takeaway in the area by far

Thindian in Leyland is decent and they do a load of options cooked without oil that taste great and don’t make you feel like shit for three days after

If you like Thai food then get down to Siam House in Standish. It’s a takeaway but restaurant quality, we’ve been about 10 times in the last 6 months. Best takeaway in the area by far

Good tips pal the Thai sounds fantastic will give it a whirl soon, have you done the Tapas at Robin Hood Mawdesley? hearing good reports but I’ve not been yet.

• Moderators

In the early to mid 80’s the one on St Georges Rd opposite Shimuls was called “Asia Tandoori” i seem to remember the owner “Maurice” died under mysterious circumstances. The Taxi gaff close by was called Westminster Taxis at that time.

you or bolty will know

which one had mr catterall on the door

and where was it

• Moderators

you or bolty will know

which one had mr catterall on the door

and where was it