Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Indian Takeaways.

embankment

Best Asian food you will ever eat at maharba although you should be keeping it quiet so it doesn’t get overrun

Every time I’m back home I make sure I go. Absolutely outstanding place

Agree fantastic, regular visits when I worked round the corner in Piccadilly. Get there early for a seat if you want to eat in! Been meaning to call in for ages.

Was another rice and three we went to somewhere near port street. Not sure it had a name just a door that led to an old 'disco'complete with thick artex and dj booth in a basement but amazing food.

If anyone is out near salmsbury way there's a belting Indian called the Burkhra.

They don't serve ale and the place is rammed with rayguns but the food is as good as you'll get.

Proper authentic Indian food, not the shite you get in takeaways.

If anyone is out near salmsbury way there's a belting Indian called the Burkhra.

They don't serve ale and the place is rammed with rayguns but the food is as good as you'll get.

them are always the Best places 

full of there own

If anyone is out near East Manc the best curry house by a mile is Desi Lounge on Oldham Road on the border or Newton Heath and Failsworth. It’s owned by the bloke who used to own Nawaab at the bottom of Rochdale Road in Collyhurst. It’s Punjabi which is my favourite. They do the usuals (Bhuna, Rogan Josh, etc) but have a long list of Punjabi dishes. Tasty as fook- the Achari Chicken or lamb are superb and they do one dish cooked with Indian plums which is awesome. Shit location but it’s better than anything in Manc centre

If you want “traditional” ie Bhuna, Madras, Rogan Josh, etc try Indish in Chadderton. Nowt spectacular menu wise but great staff and the food is perfect. Place is always rammed

Hmmmm, the Naaz. Not been there for ages, 2 decent-ish boozers straight facing

Is that Italian still open next door?

Yes the Italian is still open. But like most places in Ulverston is shut Mondays.

Hence the Naaz being rammed. Plus its 30% off on Mondays.

Billy no mates here wanted a table for 1 and was told to come back in 20mins.

So nipped over the road to The Kings Head , mithered the barmaid for 30mins then went back.Decent curry , not spoiled by a loud guy who turned up wearing a cycling helment and was put on the next table . I am now a leading authority on submarines.

Oh the joys of working away !

Had a couple in the Piel Castle then headed to my pit.

Heading up Ulverston way in March. Where’s best to stay?

Depends if its for work or a holiday.

Work , try the Lonsdale Hotel ( good breakfast family run . Rooms are like staying at ya Nans ).

Holiday . Chequers at Dalton in Furness,

There is also a Premier Inn that has just opened in Ulverston this week.

Tried this and that cafe in NQ the other week. Very nice food and portion size for less than £5 for some dinner whilst shopping in Manc

I love this and that. Go in a few times a year on my dinner at work. They used to have Bolton programmes knocking about from the early 2000s.

Might have gone now they've 'done it up'.

Keep thinking about treating the Mrs next time we're in Manc but I think she'd fucking murder me.

Not wrong , its an excellent restaurant , no alcohol allowed tho.

Also on the other side , Longsight road (A59) is the Shah Jan which is also outstanding,  just further on from Yu & You , a brilliant Chinese , always wanted to try their kobi beef but its over £50 .