Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1-1 Fulham

globaldiver

Bullied of the park, not for me. The stats show we committed more fouls than them, only because they fell over every time a white shirt went anywhere near them. Yes they played pretty football at time, over passed at time, but we could and maybe should have won the game. Clough had 2 chances, Ameobi, had a decent chance second half.Oh and did the ref come up on the Fulham team bus. Softest most gulilble ref ever.

Great point against a team that could have have taken all three. Why did they decide to try and time waste after scoring when when we are all at sea and they could have gone out of sight.

Fuck em makes the fantastic equaliser that much better.

Soft shandy drinking southern cunts.

There was only one team on that pitch interested in a football match and it wasn’t Fulham. They were more interested in 90 minutes of amateur dramatics. They are a team of cheats. Their cheating aided by an utterly incompetent refereee who literally just gave them every decision.

Henry refusing to give the ball back was simply a reaction to the umpteenth time one of their players fell over for absolutely no reason, feigned injury and the referee stopped the game only for said player to have absolutely nothing wrong with them.

They were a disgusting team.

Edited by bwfcfan5

Agree entirely with the comments on Fulham. They were bossing the game, could/should have pushed for a second and it would probably have been game over. However, their time wasting, conning the inept referee tactics ended up winding up the crowd and in turn the players - karma!

Stunning goal from Alf, excellent display from the three centre backs against quick forwards, Robinson did well against the guy who moved like Usain Bolt.

Special praise for Henry - he does all the things that we were missing - breaks up play, constantly niggles the opposition, fouls off the ball when needed to protect the defence on counter attacks and is the voice that chips away at the referee. Don’t rate him as a footballer but is a key member of the team. The record with him playing v him not is total evidence of this.

After the first 15 minutes yesterday, an unexpected point, left the ground feeling positive, felt nearly like a win when other times you come away having drawn and it feels like a loss

Clough Alf debate i agree with Parky Clough’s ability on the ball playing off ameobi and vela means he’s far likelier to create a chance for himself as he’s proved on 2 or 3 occasions already since coming back, so make sense he starts. Alf is good to come on and make an impact just as he did yesterday.

Alf not starting is more about the squad around him than himself

Edited by onlyoneawalker

• Site Supporter

Clough is exactly the same has he was before he went. The master of the "non-challenge", second only to Derek. He runs about "a lot" and generally as no end product.

He can be an impact sub though, and for me it's where should start from.

Also Little doesn't have a cross in him.

All that said, great point against a decent cheating side. The fact they two of the players that went down feigned death, said it all #orchestrated.

Clough is exactly the same has he was before he went. The master of the "non-challenge", second only to Derek. He runs about "a lot" and generally as no end product.

All that said, great point against a decent cheating side. The fact they two of the players that went down feigned death, said it all #orchestrated.

spot on regarding clough

That goal would of done le fondre a massive boost he starts for me next game

At least Parkinson has options as we play sat/tues for a few weeks

That's where I am with him. I certainly don't think he'll ever make it as a regular Championship or PL player, unless he can bulk up a bit....but if he does that, then the rest of his game could suffer.

It's only just over 12 months since some on here were suggesting he is/was a £10M player

That's where I am with him. I certainly don't think he'll ever make it as a regular Championship or PL player, unless he can bulk up a bit....but if he does that, then the rest of his game could suffer.

It's only just over 12 months since some on here were suggesting he is/was a £10M player

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/451986/Manchester-United-step-interest-English-Lionel-Messi

spot on regarding clough

That goal would of done le fondre a massive boost he starts for me next game

At least Parkinson has options as we play sat/tues for a few weeks

Disagree on clough. He has played 70 odd minutes since coming back.

Completely agree on options though. We seem to have some real options at the moment which could change games like today. This wasn't the case a few weeks ago

Completely agree on options though. We seem to have some real options at the moment which could change games like today. This wasn't the case a few weeks ago

That’s without noone and Buckley and wilbraham and hall and king

but how much game time has le fondre had? Ok he was fresh as a sub but he pressed and put himself about

He’s not there for tackling. The conundrum with Clough is that he has the ability to score a goal out of nothing but if he isn’t doing that you’re carrying a player offering very little else. Le Fondre is sort of the same.

Having said that I think our hopes for goals lie with these two and picking each at the right time will be the key to the rest of the season. I don’t think realistically we can play them together.

Ok our goal came from a massive hoof but before that we looked more threatening when we got the ball wide to Little and Robinson rather than the thump upfield to Ameobi.

The issue with Ameobi is he always looks knackered and even then still manages to cause problems, Walker was stripped and ready way before he eventually came on

• Moderators

but how much game time has le fondre had? Ok he was fresh as a sub but he pressed and put himself about

Another plus to the PP regime

We can have players out of the team for months and have them ready to go

Clough didn't expect to get on the pitch v Bristol as he is so undercooked

Yesterday, he was 70 minutes max

As for ameobi, even on one leg he is a massive threat

You leave him on until he eggs to come off, for me

It might even toughen him up to a point we get 90 minutes out of him

Tuesday's selection may chuck up some surprises

Another plus to the PP regime

We can have players out of the team for months and have them ready to go

Clough didn't expect to get on the pitch v Bristol as he is so undercooked

Yesterday, he was 70 minutes max