Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tom Daley

globaldiver

Bang on.

Known more than one gay couple that had a kid and there was no question of a lack of love; but having their biological mother close by early on is so important and gives a child things they just can't get from a man. Still, just because they don't have that doesn't mean their development would necessarily suffer.

What doesn't sit right with me is the act of pre-planned surrogacy. What woman would want to do that? The whole thing makes me very uneasy and if the kid ever found out . . . that's not a healthy thing to know is it?

Still, probably been going on since folk have been bumming people.

If it was a bloke and a woman using a surrogate would people feel differently ?

Pretty sure the kid will realise that they did have some help along the way so the ‘if’ is not a question. Personally would think adoption would be a better option but this way at least one biological parent is involved. But not sure that really matters.

If it was a bloke and a woman using a surrogate would people feel differently ?

Pretty sure the kid will realise that they did have some help along the way so the ‘if’ is not a question. Personally would think adoption would be a better option but this way at least one biological parent is involved. But not sure that really matters.

About surrogacy?  No.

Folk can crack on but I can't help feeling uneasy about a woman that would essentially rent out her womb and go through the ordeal of pregnancy and labour to then simply give the child away, or worse, sell it.

Edited by madthatter

Not sure what point you are making. But in making this call I bet that CP will have checked how well adverts however placed with the DM performed. The DM can not be that key if they dropped it can it ? As I said the article is written in a way to appear to be arguing about the important role of the missing parent so no need to react unless they either really think the article is offensive or they think the publicity they will get taking this call plays better to their target audience.

No point, it’s just that’s how the the ads are served on pages. It’s about page selection. We’ve just got an email from work re this. It’s going to run into next week this story.

Not sure what point you are making. But in making this call I bet that CP will have checked how well adverts however placed with the DM performed. The DM can not be that key if they dropped it can it ? As I said the article is written in a way to appear to be arguing about the important role of the missing parent so no need to react unless they either really think the article is offensive or they think the publicity they will get taking this call plays better to their target audience.

My reading of it is that a couple of bandits tweeted a complaint about CP advertising in the Mail and CP acted quickly to head off the issue, perhaps taking into consideration what happened to Paperchase for running a promotion in the Mail.

• Members

Bolty will be along shortly to explain how being a bumder is un-natural despite it being fairly wide spread amongst other animals and fairly normal in historical societies

Frank will be along shortly trying to justify his unnatural urges by using well worn platitudes.

• Members

To be fair to our Australian friend, he has repeatedly said he's not bothered by bummers, as long as they keep their sordid behaviour in the privacy of their own home

Thank you for the clarification,

I am not Australian. Soon, I will have a blue passport winging its way to me from Liverpool.

• Site Supporter

That is brilliant gonzo. Best thing I've read on here for a while. On reflection, I have to say that you've nailed it there

Another to agree entirely. Earlier in the thread was a comment that (I'm paraphrasing ) if someone disagrees with this then we are outdated, old fashioned with views not pertinent to modern society.

If deliberately creating a child to give to two blokes; thus depriving it of any opportunity to have a mother is "modern" I'm glad I'm a dinosaur; indeed for me it's abusive.

I think Traf mentioned above about a surrogate child being given to a man and a woman- in that instance the child still gets both parents.

Adoption is a route taken by loads of folk, presumably many of whom can't have kids naturally.

Utilise that route.

• Site Supporter

Why do people get so worked up about something that essentially has fuck all to do with them?

It's a discussion forum fFS. Folk are entitled to any opinion. If your not bothered; don't comment simple enough.

Where the welfare of children is potentially involved then perhaps folk do have a right to comment and "get involved "