Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sheff Weds 1-1 Wanderers

bwfc2003

I certainly heard lots of stick by two blokes four rows behind us.

It was relentless through out the second half.

“Fuckin sit down Parky”

“Fuck off Parky”

“Get fuckin Pratley off he’s shit”

Etc etc...

Not a word said when Clough came on.

Smug as fuck when we went 1-0 down.

Both had left the second the full time whistle went.

I didn’t notice how they reacted when we scored. I was too busy heading it in with over 2000 others.

Then had a big gay pile on.

• Moderators

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/16080166.Wilbraham__Fans__39__stick_doesn__39_t_hurt___but_their_backing_at_Wednesday_was_class

Certainly no stick heard from where we were stood. Clueless and classless are words which spring to mind. I hope the booers got no joy whatsoever from his goal.

didn't hear any either, but he def gets it, that article is on about over the season as opposed to just saturday

(no problem with him myself, would rather start him than Walker from what I've seen of both of them)

but they hear it, and no doubt the players think some of our fans our pricks, as you can tell from this shot - 2 players there who've had plenty between them

DX84kRdW4AA787L.jpg

Like Wilbraham mentioned himself, he isn't the most mobile - but he did what he is good at - and what a great header.  And that he was almost seen as a Madine replacement, which he isn't.

I agree that all our players have real team spirit at the minute and they are all trying to the best of their ability.

If folk don't like it, why do they pay to go away and get peoples backs up - surely they have better things to do / spend there money on than hoping the current regime fail ?

At the end of the day, we all want the team to do the best they can and if we stay up this season, given all that has gone before, what an achievement it will be.

Like Wilbraham mentioned himself, he isn't the most mobile - but he did what he is good at - and what a great header.  And that he was almost seen as a Madine replacement, which he isn't.

I agree that all our players have real team spirit at the minute and they are all trying to the best of their ability.

If folk don't like it, why do they pay to go away and get peoples backs up - surely they have better things to do / spend there money on than hoping the current regime fail ?

At the end of the day, we all want the team to do the best they can and if we stay up this season, given all that has gone before, what an achievement it will be.

This. I cannot understand it. There are some fans who will never just be happy and back the club. Think they are the sort who have miserable little lives and just want to have a forum to share that misery with. 

Like Wilbraham mentioned himself, he isn't the most mobile - but he did what he is good at - and what a great header. And that he was almost seen as a Madine replacement, which he isn't.

If we stay up, it will be a great achievement

Player of the season (so far)? Not a player, but the manager; brilliant job in a harsh climate.

Edited by boltondiver

If we stay up, it will be a great achievement

Player of the season (so far)? Not a player, but the manager; brilliant job in a harsh climate.

Trying to think of an example (for any team) where a player has left in January but still got player of the year

“Fuckin sit down Parky”

“Fuck off Parky”

Etc etc...

I didn’t notice how they reacted when we scored. I was too busy heading it in with over 2000 others.

were you calling derek and robinson ?  :shiftyninja:

• Moderators

Trying to think of an example (for any team) where a player has left in January but still got player of the year

I thought Anelka did for us in 2007/08

checked, he didn't, was Davies

guessing he was still top scorer though

This. I cannot understand it. There are some fans who will never just be happy and back the club. Think they are the sort who have miserable little lives and just want to have a forum to share that misery with. 

its amazing with this "back at all costs" attitude thats coming out this week. its a great way forward and matches similar to German football and dutch football. 

shame our fans won't embrace an ultra style support for the club. seems we are too cool for all that. 

if we want fans to back at all costs we should be pro atmosphere generating. instead we laugh at palace and the likes. 

“Fuckin sit down Parky”

“Fuck off Parky”

Etc etc...

I have a long time mate who if he was there would be saying exactly the same, biting my tongue every time he texts or rings me.  

its amazing with this "back at all costs" attitude thats coming out this week. its a great way forward and matches similar to German football and dutch football. 

shame our fans won't embrace an ultra style support for the club. seems we are too cool for all that. 

if we want fans to back at all costs we should be pro atmosphere generating. instead we laugh at palace and the likes. 

Who won't embrace it? 

• Moderators

Did Cahill leave in January?

aye, jan 2012

bogdan won it that year

madine can't have POTY by virtue of the fact he handed in a transfer request

it'll be between Henry and Ameobi, if the latter scores a nice goal before the end of the season, that will clinch it for him

BWFC fans. There is an air of too cool for school.

It would be laughed out the club. Yet with the away following we have sticking them together etc would make for a belting atmosphere

What would we do that would create a better atmosphere & support for the team than there was at Hillsboro ?

What would we do that would create a better atmosphere & support for the team than there was at Hillsboro ?

I would embrace the ultra type support. get folk together making a load of noise. 

foreign footballs is greta because of it. seems to work at palace. 

slightly more organise East lower would work well i think. our yoof are a good vocal bunch