Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Our Hatred Of Manchester Utd.

worthy10

no feelings towards them in anyway

They arent rivals, never have never will be

as for wigan though. massive twats

Might not be big rivals now but check your facts first, we were bigger rivals to Man U in the 30s 40s 50s than Liverpool were we rivalled them for the signing of Duncan Edwards and many other top players back then, strangely for an LH lad and knowing about the Cheyenne attack after the 58 cup final you think Wigan our more our rivals than Man U, even over the last 20 years Man U hooligans many from LH and Walkden travelled in force to the Reebok because of that local rivalry that they clearly feel still exists. It’s just on hold while we are a division apart. Wigan’s big rivalry was Chorley that about sums it up. Edited by Mounts Kipper

I dont get this hatred of Wigan at all, it comes over rather weak to me. Even in the 4th Division days our hatred was Man Utd and i got plenty of satisfaction voicing my opposition with fellow fans on our ground and away. Its not changed, Wigan aint worthy of our dislikes, its that lot that boils my piss.

You know what your talking about.????

Might not be big rivals now but check your facts first, we were bigger rivals to Man U in the 30s 40s 50s than Liverpool were we rivalled them for the signing of Duncan Edwards and many other top players back then, strangely for an LH lad and knowing about the Cheyenne attack after the 58 cup final you think Wigan our more our rivals than Man U, even over the last 20 years Man U hooligans many from LH and Walkden travelled in force to the Reebok because of that local rivalry that they clearly feel still exists. It’s just on hold while we are a division apart. Wigan’s big rivalry was Chorley that about sums it up.

you’re living in the past, yes they tipped up a couple of seasons but Utd fans couldn’t give 2 shits about us

Remember going on a Tuesday night in the prem sold around 800 and the look of pity from them towards us

When my lad was just beginning too talk I taught him when asked "What are Man Utd?"  too reply "Shit"

His mate told me a tale when a new southern teacher came too their school , the conversation turned too football.

"Who do you support Sir?"

Manchester United"

under his breath  DMB

The teacher heard and said "That's shocking I've a good mind too phone your father"

His mate pipes up "Oh please do sir"

strange lie

Might not be big rivals now but check your facts first, we were bigger rivals to Man U in the 30s 40s 50s than Liverpool were we rivalled them for the signing of Duncan Edwards and many other top players back then, strangely for an LH lad and knowing about the Cheyenne attack after the 58 cup final you think Wigan our more our rivals than Man U, even over the last 20 years Man U hooligans many from LH and Walkden travelled in force to the Reebok because of that local rivalry that they clearly feel still exists. It’s just on hold while we are a division apart. Wigan’s big rivalry was Chorley that about sums it up.

they couldnt give a fuck about us

Lets not get rivalry mixed up hatred. I don't see the DMB's as rivals as we are poles apart in footballing terms but I fcuking hate them, always have and always will.

It was impressed on me from a very young age and that hatred hasn't waned. I won't have any products associated with them in the house and will not wear red. I also refuse to watch them on TV unless they're playing us and a such I record MOTD and fast forward through their match.

Lets not get rivalry mixed up hatred..

I won't have any products associated with them in the house and will not wear red.

This is about right. We are not "rivals" in a footballing sense, as they're a million miles ahead of us.

Nothing wrong with hating them though, if that's what you want to do

I'm not sure about the product association and wearing red bit though, but each to their own....it just seems a bit childish, especially as it means that you can't have anything manufactured by adidas or watch anything on your TV that is through 20th Century Fox  -  I wouldn't like to have to check the ins and outs of anything before making a purchase or deciding what I want to watch. Or order something online and have DHL deilver it...perish the thought

Ignore him. He's a proper wind up merchant

We've spent a very long time in the top division, 73 years to be exact. And being just 20 minutes away, it will always be a derby game.

In our 1st 50/60 years of existence you could say we were competing with them in the league, as 2 top teams. But the problem is that was a long time ago, and we just aren't relevant to them.

I always prefer the oppostion no matter who the rags are playing however hatred is an over used word in the context that I despise anyone who is born & bred in the borough of Bolton who is by choice a 'red'

Likewise the hundreds & thousands of stick ons around the globe.

The brother in law who was born within sight of the Lever end floodlights is a notorious example.However he hasnt stood the test of time & stopped going the TOS many moons ago & now shows only peripheral interest in them not even knowing the result of their last game!

A lot of ex attendees (Bolton 'fans') profess to hate the scum but dont love their own club enough to attend matches they are a bit sad.

See, I'm a first generation Bolton fan in my family; I was born and raised in the clutches of Reds. I chose the Whites, or rather the Whites chose me.

I have a run in with my fair share of wankers- a lot of them Utd fans- but generally speaking I dislike Wigan and City more. The latter is more a personal thing- a couple of them have treated me like shit, so I want them crushed. Apart from that their fans have quickly become what they once despised; their arrogance and army of glory hunting fans antagonise me more now than Utd did 20 years ago; fucking hypocrites. Wigan are just a fucking nonentity that think they are special.

I cant say I hate any one club other than these two- yeah I have scraps with Utd/Liverpool fans- but likewise some of my dearest friends and family support them, I've had good trips with them, and I want them to enjoy themselves on their trips. Again, I've stood with Blackburn fans so, apart from the game itself, no general hatred to them.

I just don't see it all as black and white.

As far i am concerned , even the headline to this post should not read as it does.

They are The Scum.

Or American Franchise.

The 36 thousand day trippers that are part of their every weekend home crowd, probably dont have a clue who BWFC are.

90% of the remaining home attendies are not arsed about BWFC.

But the old guys in the pubs and bars of manchester and salford who watch TV on match days would love to give any BWFC fan who mistakenly wanders in a good kicking.

As for me, i cannot stand the club and the media love in.

No they are not rivals at the moment But whenever there is a cup draw , i always wish for an away day at the Scums ground.

I always enjoy to see Utd lose, especially during Moyeseh being in charge when all I've ever known since becoming a football fan as a kid in mid 90s was total Utd dominance.

I would say I despise Wigan, Blackburn and Tranmere more though, but there will always be an intense dislike of Manure.

As far i am concerned , even the headline to this post should not read as it does.

They are The Scum.

Or American Franchise.

The 36 thousand day trippers that are part of their every weekend home crowd, probably dont have a clue who BWFC are.

90% of the remaining home attendies are not arsed about BWFC.

But the old guys in the pubs and bars of manchester and salford who watch TV on match days would love to give any BWFC fan who mistakenly wanders in a good kicking.

As for me, i cannot stand the club and the media love in.

No they are not rivals at the moment But whenever there is a cup draw , i always wish for an away day at the Scums ground.

This is spot on was in Chorley pub other week and watching Rugby got taking to 6 lads firstly about rugby and all was fine then inevitably the conversation turned to Football turns out they were old skool reds who used to follow United round Europe let’s aay the conversation went down hill quite quickly when they found out I was Bolton, they seriously don’t like us, made my day to be honest.

This is spot on was in Chorley pub other week and watching Rugby got taking to 6 lads firstly about rugby and all was fine then inevitably the conversation turned to Football turns out they were old skool reds who used to follow United round Europe let’s aay the conversation went down hill quite quickly when they found out I was Bolton, they seriously don’t like us, made my day to be honest.

Well said

I grew up in Little Hulton and I was surrounded by the glory hunting plastic twats.

I don't consider us as their rivals, any more than say Bury should consider us as theirs. I've no liking of Liverpool but I'd love them to win the Pl or the CL because it's what them bastards fear most.

ABU

I grew up in Little Hulton and I was surrounded by the glory hunting plastic twats.

I don't consider us as their rivals, any more than say Bury should consider us as theirs. I've no liking of Liverpool but I'd love them to win the Pl or the CL because it's what them bastards fear most.

ABU

???????? ABU