Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

"designer" Labels

Burndens Bogs

There was a company in Wales on the box recently - they make high quality jeans at a high price.

Can't remember the name, but you're not supposed to wash them for several months until they have adopted your shape. Yuck

Unless I have some sort of spillage disaster (oh err) I never wash my best jeans. Ever. On a slippery slope to faded, shrunken ruin that.

It’s a just a pity I can’t fucking fit into any of them anymore

I've had plenty of "designer" type clobber over the years, i'm not that arsed now though + will happily buy Next jeans etc.

Anyone remember Matinique? a T-shirt was like £30 35 years ago, but their stuff was quality and would last for years.

Danish company iirc

Matinique are still going mate, quality gear.

Was wearing a white sweatshirt of theirs for that Cup match at Turf Moor, it got caked in grease paint when we got onto the pitch.

Unless I have some sort of spillage disaster (oh err) I never wash my best jeans. Ever. On a slippery slope to faded, shrunken ruin that.

I've just gone 14 months with a pair of Edwin selvedge without a wash.

Had to wash em when the baby was sick on them. They pretty much walked to the washing machine themselves.

Got a pair of armani now for best.

Sure I got a few Matinique T-Shirts from a little place on Corporation St near to the entrance to Matket Hall. Can’t remember the name of the place..

Crikey, that place is a blast from the past. But I can’t remember the name either.

Also liked the range from Marc O’Polo, they’ve still got some decent clobber on offer.

Edited by miamiwhite

I've just gone 14 months with a pair of Edwin selvedge without a wash.

Had to wash em when the baby was sick on them. They pretty much walked to the washing machine themselves.

Got a pair of armani now for best.

Yeah love the Edwin stuff, them and a pair of Nudies I can’t get past my fat thighs anymore haha

Not just me then!  My Mrs looks on in disgust but as I only wear them on the rare occasions I venture 'out' these days I reckon it's reet.  They fit better and get comfier the longer you leave them; trying to put on a fresh pair of jeans is like getting into a swimsuit.

I recently bragged about the same size Levis fitting me since I left school.  I'm not sure they would if I washed em  :blush:

And Armani or stone island jeans best for me. Like boss jeans as well though

Agree with gonzo on cp and stone island being best quality. I’ve jackets from both over 10 years old and still in great nick

Edited by Escobarp

Hackett for me, got over thirty polo shirts, love the feel of the quality and they last forever. The coats are even better, got four, warm as toast in any. They do shit jeans n pants mind. Cheshire Oaks Hackett shop is my favourite place in the world, the polo shirts are £40 each and ooze quality, can’t buy anywhere cheaper on line, love the shop.