Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

"designer" Labels

Burndens Bogs

Never been one for labels but I’m a fussy fucker regarding fit and quality

Fred Perry - polos, t-shirts, jumpers and casual shoes

Original Penguin - boxers and socks

adidas/Perry - trainers

Diesel - jeans

Suits for me are a nightmare. Currently it’s M&S cos I can go there, pick out my size off the rail and I know that it fits. Give it a year or so and it will completely change and it could be Armani,Boss, Next or even Tesco

Hate clothes shopping. Spend most of it either on the Fred Perry sale online, their shop in Manc or in TK Maxx where I find Diesel jeans at a decent price

Very keen on polos. Fred Perry, Pretty Green, Lyle & Scott and the odd Original Penguin. adidas Originals trainers plus one pair of Fred Perry and one pair of New Balance. Never been arsed about jeans though, quite happily just get them from Asda or Sainsbury’s for a tenner.

Another one for Diesel jeans and PG tops here. Have a lot of RL too - the fitted stuff is v good and much better than it used to be.

Been wearing SI for donkeys, Reiss and All Saints have been a staple for about 20 years too.

Back in the 90’s used to wear loads of Armani, D&G, Boss etc but not into it at all these days. Shite. As is Ted Baker

Never been one for Polo Shirts, i own one from A Bathing Ape for smart casual type wear.

Most of my t-shirts and hoodies come from independent retailers on line Abandon Ship, Red Temple Prayer, Lost World etc

Jeans and jackets are from a mixture of brands Carhartt, Diesel, Replay and Levi's

plus baseball caps galore.

selection of Nike/Jordan or adidas for my trainers,

I own 2 pairs of 'smart shoes' a basic black pair from Deichman that i keep for no apparent reason and a really nice pair of Clarks' 2-tone brown brogues for wearing with my suit

Armani jeans were possibly the comfiest I have ever worn... Nowadays I can neither justify nor be arsed wearing jeans that often.

Work doesn't require me to be smart, and it's rare I dress up for any occasion... So I tend to rock up in casual wear: originals shorts and a Los Pollos Hermanos t-shirt.

I have this weird thing about trying to get Onitsuka Tigers or Originals for as cheap as possible too- under £30 and I'm laughing. Still wear Ralph Lauren socks and undies as a preference.

Another one for Diesel jeans and PG tops here. Have a lot of RL too - the fitted stuff is v good and much better than it used to be.

Been wearing SI for donkeys, Reiss and All Saints have been a staple for about 20 years too.

Back in the 90’s used to wear loads of Armani, D&G, Boss etc but not into it at all these days. Shite. As is Ted Baker

I've liked All saints stuff for years but they don't hold up that well.

A few washes and holes start appearing (In shirts/tops)

Always bought Next jeans, great quality and fit my long legs perfectly. Lacoste polo shirts for me and I have a North face mountaineering coat which is awesome.

Another one for next jeans. One of a few places that make 38w 34l. Need to lose an inch or two

• Moderators

The quality on the SPZL stuff is a different level. I've not paid any silly prices for mine, wish I'd bought more.

SI is quality, glad people are steering away from it.

Correct. Quality gear that you dont see too many people wearing

Even though I've never bought anything from them I always thought that karrimoor would be decent. He has them too so probably not anymore

Wear karrimoor walking shoes at work in the summer.

Comfy as and waterproof ????????

• Site Supporter

Wear karrimoor walking shoes at work in the summer.

Comfy as and waterproof

Be careful with it. Don't pay a lot for it. It originally went tits up and the false geordie got his hands on the name and it's not now built to the same quality.

I'm currently using some KSBs that I've had for around 20 years.

By all accounts they won't do that now.

I've been wearing 501's, Fred Perry's and Gazelles since I was 14.

The only way that is going to change now is if any of them become unavailable.

I used to wear nowt but 501's, but they keep fucking about with the cut - tried some on the other day - was like putting a pair of flares on.

As for the rest of it? I'll leave that bollocks for the young un's.

I actively avoid clothes that have logos/branding slapped all over them these days.

Never been one for Polo Shirts, i own one from A Bathing Ape for smart casual type wear.

Most of my t-shirts and hoodies come from independent retailers on line Abandon Ship, Red Temple Prayer, Lost World etc

Jeans and jackets are from a mixture of brands Carhartt, Diesel, Replay and Levi's

plus baseball caps galore.

selection of Nike/Jordan or adidas for my trainers,

I own 2 pairs of 'smart shoes' a basic black pair from Deichman that i keep for no apparent reason and a really nice pair of Clarks' 2-tone brown brogues for wearing with my suit

Love a Carhatt hoodie

Worst brand - Superdry.....for middle aged men that have just given up on life but think they're cool. even though their stuff is v comfy

Q. What's the difference between folk posting photos of their dinner on Facebook and folk on here sharing what brand of underpants they wear?

A. Bugger all.

Weirdos will be telling us how fast they can run next :)

Love a Carhatt hoodie

Worst brand - Superdry.....for middle aged men that have just given up on life but think they're cool. even though their stuff is v comfy

Superdry Japan that has fuck all to do with Japan.

Carhartt is one of those brands that ive stuck with since my skateboarder days

Got loads of Boss stuff and never been disappointed in any of it, but it is getting a bit pricey.

Bought a lot of Ralph stuff in the USA last year, good quality at a low price - perfect.

Used to buy Paul Smith Jeans, switched to Armani and love them.  Although got 3 pairs of Tommy jeans in USA last year and they are a perfect fit.

Throw in a staple few Lacoste polo shirts (last for ever) and wardrobe done.