Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tommy Robinson

royal white

Fully agree, I remember him being on Question Time when he was young, and running the EDL. He must have been called a nazi and racist about 30-40 times off the audience and panel, each time he asked for one example and each time they just ignored him.

I remember that and would have considered myself very much in the left camp at that time.

Seeing and hearing that kind of talk made me question the ideals and logic of some of these people and the whole 'right on' agenda.

• Site Supporter

Did you watch the clip?

Course I did.

That's why I said just do the stuff he does first. Does he really need to go himself.

Perhaps he's happy being marginalised; but as you say (and I agree largely) he's an astute bloke. I'd quite like him to get into the mainstream a bit more and keep the debate in the public eye.

I don't disagree with your arguments royal, we've been here time and again on this forum, but his ilk need to be putting their intelligent comments out there and away from the real extreme elements.

I know he has done this to some extent and he'll never get a good press in some quarters but I'd like him to try.

He is attempting to stir up the same kind of bigotry that was in play in 1920 and 30’s Europe. Like then he’s seemingly fooled a few into thinking he’s the voice of reason. It’s madness.

He went on a Polish nationalist march last year that he described as ‘excellent’. The banners there included calls for an Islamic holocaust and ‘death to the jewry’.

That is all I have to say on that.

Course I did.

That's why I said just do the stuff he does first. Does he really need to go himself.

Perhaps he's happy being marginalised; but as you say (and I agree largely) he's an astute bloke. I'd quite like him to get into the mainstream a bit more and keep the debate in the public eye.

I don't disagree with your arguments royal, we've been here time and again on this forum, but his ilk need to be putting their intelligent comments out there and away from the real extreme elements.

I know he has done this to some extent and he'll never get a good press in some quarters but I'd like him to try.

Not a good idea to be smacking folk if he’s to get in main stream media anyhow if that did happen he’d of sold himself out.

He is attempting to stir up the same kind of bigotry that was in play in 1920 and 30’s Europe. Like then he’s seemingly fooled a few into thinking he’s the voice of reason. It’s madness.

He went on a Polish nationalist march last year that he described as ‘excellent’. The banners there included calls for an Islamic holocaust and ‘death to the jewry’.

He’s adolf hitler now is he?

Did the tens of thousands in attendance all carry these banners or was it just a few?

You could go to any kind of march and there will always be a few knobber s

By going it gives the snowflakes something to attack whilst ignoring the fundamental issue.

And if he was bright - it's a point he would have learned from a decade ago. But he isn't bright. And he is a provocateur who serves no purpose.

Was it a couple of years back that he turned his back on the EDL and said he was going mainstream? That was pretty interesting - I was curious where he was going to go with it.

The answer is nowhere as far as I can tell - apart from the clips that I've seen which have been a) scrapping at the horse racing B) fighting with celtic fans and c) twatting an African bloke in Italy.

You talk some shit fella.

The march was for Poland’s Independence Day. It’s the centenary this year. Numbers will be huge.

Ironic you mention banners etc, have you seen the communist flag currently flown at Stalybridge labour club.

No doubt a fool like you will be wanking off over that.

Not to mention Corbyn’s inclusion in the private Facebook becoming common knowledge now. You really are a simpleton.

Edited by miamiwhite

You talk some shit fella.

The march was for Poland’s Independence Day. It’s the centenary this year. Numbers will be huge.

Ironic you mention banners etc, have you seen the communist flag currently flown at Stalybridge labour club.

No doubt a fool like you will be wanking off over that.

Not to mention Corbyn’s inclusion in the private Facebook becoming common knowledge now. You really are a simpleton.

I wasn't going to bring Corbyn up - but seen as you have.

You commonly show pictures of JC on marches where there are flags and banners that you deem questionable. You then use that to suggest that JC must be a tacit supporter of them.

Tommy Robinson was at the Polish march - and to say it was full of right wing not rights with ties to questionable organisations in something of an understatement. Is it fair to say that Tommy Robinson is therefore a tacit supporter of them?

Incidentally - my Dad has lived in a village in Poland for the past 15 years - so I've a fairly good understanding of the lay of the land over there. Something you no doubt have an insight into to given you background. I'm sure I remember you saying you were of Polish descent or have I made that up?

I wasn't going to bring Corbyn up - but seen as you have.

You commonly show pictures of JC on marches where there are flags and banners that you deem questionable. You then use that to suggest that JC must be a tacit supporter of them.

Tommy Robinson was at the Polish march - and to say it was full of right wing not rights with ties to questionable organisations in something of an understatement. Is it fair to say that Tommy Robinson is therefore a tacit supporter of them?

Incidentally - my Dad has lived in a village in Poland for the past 15 years - so I've a fairly good understanding of the lay of the land over there. Something you no doubt have an insight into to given you background. I'm sure I remember you saying you were of Polish descent or have I made that up?

Tommy Robinson attended the march as a “journalist” for Rebel Media, he didn’t do speeches like your hero Corbyn does as per the Al Quds march, Press Tv in Iran, to name but a few. Hope you see the difference now?

Re Polish descent, wrong fella but I can speak Polish.

Do widenzia

Tommy Robinson attended the march as a “journalist” for Rebel Media, he didn’t do speeches like your hero Corbyn does as per the Al Quds march, Press Tv in Iran, to name but a few. Hope you see the difference now?

Do widenzia

A journalist, that’s given me a good Saturday laugh.

• Site Supporter

I’ve seen some right wing people, in specifically some NI loyalist groups call Tommy Robinson a Fenian scumbag with Republican sympathies who’s cards are marked and wouldn’t have anything to do with The EDL because of it as apparently hes from Catholic Irish parents ( no surprise in Luton) and his real name is Lennon

Don’t know how true that is or not but the bloke seems divisive at both ends of the spectrum.

A journalist, that’s given me a good Saturday laugh.

I used italics when I called him a 'journo'; but given the current state of journalism, especially independent reporting that actually brings balanced, fair, helpful and important info. to the public, he's not doing that bad a job of it for a rank amateur.

I see twatter blocked his account (or something like that) for posting true stats about grooming gangs in Britain.  Very sad and more worrying than anything Mr Robinson has done.

Edited by madthatter

Do widenzia

Are you going somewhere?

Jeremy Corbyn isn't my hero (I do agree with some of what he says - although not all). But it does frustrate me when hypocrites judge him by one set of standards and then completely ignore that same set of standards when it suits them. Presumably Tommy Robinson didn't have a translator on hand to tell him the meaning of the 'Pray for Islamic holocaust' banners?

I must be getting your heritage mixed up with somebody else then? Didn't you say that you were of Eastern European descent once or am I getting you mixed up with somebody else? How did you come to speak Polish by the way?

If you take an interest in what's happening over there then you'll know that there is a huge right wing nationalist movement in Poland which makes our own look like a kindergarten.

Are you going somewhere?

Jeremy Corbyn isn't my hero (I do agree with some of what he says - although not all). But it does frustrate me when hypocrites judge him by one set of standards and then completely ignore that same set of standards when it suits them. Presumably Tommy Robinson didn't have a translator on hand to tell him the meaning of the 'Pray for Islamic holocaust' banners?

I must be getting your heritage mixed up with somebody else then? Didn't you say that you were of Eastern European descent once or am I getting you mixed up with somebody else? How did you come to speak Polish by the way?

If you take an interest in what's happening over there then you'll know that there is a huge right wing nationalist movement in Poland which makes our own look like a kindergarten.

Yes, I’m going to Tesco shortly...:D

Re the Polish translators, I couldn’t comment as I wasn’t there personally holding his hand in Warsaw, but as a few have said, the number of those banners were tiny in comparison to the vast numbers of their national flag being flown..I’ll upload a link for you to look at.......Robinson aka Yaxley-Lennon can’t be held responsible for the tiny minority who were waving them. I understand what you’re saying,but as I said, he didn’t do any speeches there opposed to Corbyn who has regularly spoken at Al Quds marches, on Press TV in Iran and so on. As I said, that is a huge difference, not forgetting Robinson doesn’t Harbour hopes of running our country.

How did I come to speak Polish ?.....do you speak other languages and why ?

My answer is I like a challenge and Polish is a challenging language to say the least.

I’m certainly aware of the patriotic movement in Poland and have been for many years. They are a very proud nation indeed, and I’m proud to say I have many Polish friends. I’ll be there in Warsaw for the centenary march in November.

That proud Polish spirit you're talking about is at grave danger of being taken in the wrong direction. Maybe you'll see for yourself in November - if you've not noticed it already?

Sadly no I don't speak any other languages. Not to any degree anyway. It wasn't a loaded question - I was just curious as to why you'd picked Polish. It's not one of the more common ones.

I take your point - JC chooses who and where he talks with and which events he chooses to speak at. I'd still argue that you can't control which nut jobs subsequently turn up in the crowd and what banners they choose to hold - which is the point I'm trying to make.

You can choose whether or not to endorse it though - and TR has been effusive in his praise for the march. And if he couldn't detect a fascist overtone to it then he's either stupid or blind - and neither of those two things is a desirable trait in a 'journalist'.

That proud Polish spirit you're talking about is at grave danger of being taken in the wrong direction. Maybe you'll see for yourself in November - if you've not noticed it already?

Sadly no I don't speak any other languages. Not to any degree anyway. It wasn't a loaded question - I was just curious as to why you'd picked Polish. It's not one of the more common ones.

I take your point - JC chooses who and where he talks with and which events he chooses to speak at. I'd still argue that you can't control which nut jobs subsequently turn up in the crowd and what banners they choose to hold - which is the point I'm trying to make.

You can choose whether or not to endorse it though - and TR has been effusive in his praise for the march. And if he couldn't detect a fascist overtone to it then he's either stupid or blind - and neither of those two things is a desirable trait in a 'journalist'.

Watching Miami's link he certainly does see it and calls it out.