Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tommy Robinson

royal white

That proud Polish spirit you're talking about is at grave danger of being taken in the wrong direction. Maybe you'll see for yourself in November - if you've not noticed it already?

Sadly no I don't speak any other languages. Not to any degree anyway. It wasn't a loaded question - I was just curious as to why you'd picked Polish. It's not one of the more common ones.

I take your point - JC chooses who and where he talks with and which events he chooses to speak at. I'd still argue that you can't control which nut jobs subsequently turn up in the crowd and what banners they choose to hold - which is the point I'm trying to make.

You can choose whether or not to endorse it though - and TR has been effusive in his praise for the march. And if he couldn't detect a fascist overtone to it then he's either stupid or blind - and neither of those two things is a desirable trait in a 'journalist'.

Yes, I’ve certainly noticed it on my numerous trips there though it doesn’t worry myself as much as it appears to worry other people.

My father has carers four times a day, the evening ones are Polish and they actually started the Polish lesson with me, along with one of my best friends whose partner is Polish. I enjoyed the challenge so to speak,though I’m learning daily.

The point you’re trying to make re controlling nut jobs with banners etc doesn’t actually hold up to be honest, as Corbyn is endorsing the marches by openly participating in making speeches at them, regardless of there being banners on display. Surely you can see the massive difference here ?

Anyway.....Milego dnia :D

Edited by miamiwhite

I've just watched it for myself and he does. Fair play to him.

Sorry Tommy - I'll nominate you for a Pulitzer Prize myself!

At the FLA in London in November, a BBC journalist interviewed Tommy Robinson, but Robinson turned the interview back on the interviewer asking if he was going to report on it as there’s was tens of thousand peacefully marching without a single arrest.

The BBC bloke said he wouldn’t show it as it basically didn’t fit his “narrative”.

Basically, the BBC were hoping for serious disorder then they’d report on that.

I’ve got this interview somewhere so will dig it out.

Plus, I guarantee the interview happened as I was in very close proximity to it.

I'll try and find the clip I saw a while back but he does seem to get a very rough deal and despite all appearances, he makes some good points without saying anything racist whatsoever.

Yes, he centres in on immigration but he also goes to great lengths to point out the solutions that are available that many government choose to ignore - solutions that are non racist and would probably make a positive difference.

Unfortunately, he's been labelled a nazi and it's a tough one to shift.

If someone can find a clip of him calling darkies and immigrants the enemy, I'll shove a banana up Cheese's bum.

Cheese has been googling away since 09.05

My take is two fold:

Raising awareness of the problems this kind of migration can pose

Raising awareness of brand T. Robinson

And deliberately stirring up trouble

I believe immigration is a problem in Europe

TR is just a prick though

Funny how trouble follows him around

And deliberately stirring up trouble

I believe immigration is a problem in Europe

TR is just a prick though

Funny how trouble follows him around

Aye, but I'd lump that in with the second one.

This isn't in direct relation to TR but any reporter doing a genuinely good job and reporting on this kind of stuff will always provoke an emotive response first and foremost.   He plays on it though, no doubt; but as said above, are mainstream outlets any better?

Edited by madthatter

What question was he asking in Italy?

Wasn't given much of a chance to be fair before he was threatened.

I'd say, and I could be wrong, the overarching questions were:  Why did Italy vote the way they did?  Does (illegal) immigration from Africa pose problems and, if so, what are they?

I didn't need an answer from any migrant to see it for myself.  Granted, that's one clip and it's quite loaded but still, it had obviously happened before.

That folk can't film a train station in a free, democratic western nation due to physical threat from immigrants is a poor do and I'm wondering why the mainstream media aren't highlighting this.  All I'm seeing are suggestions that Italians are racists and it's worrying that the far right is gaining momentum.

Like him or not - TR is showing the reasons why.  Very important to understand, imo.

I’s illegal immigration that much of a problem in Italy? Genuine question

Whilst I appreciate many land on italy’s coast I thought that on the whole they try and transit through the place rather than settle

I’m not inclined to feel that sorry for them having to deal with large numbers of migrants, they themselves have exported millions of immigrants across the world in their time, a large number of which took organised crime with them

Besides I thought the most pressing issue in Italy is the aging population, they just arent making enough babies. They are a couple of decades away from being completely fucked as they won’t have enough people of working age. When that happens they will be begging for migrants to come and prop the economy up

That folk can't film a train station in a free, democratic western nation due to physical threat from immigrants is a poor do and I'm wondering why the mainstream media aren't highlighting this.

They were highlighting it weren't they? That's why the Italian reporter came to be there in the first place. Quite way TR thinks it's his responsibility to go over there and chin someone to 'highlight the issue' is beyond me.

They were highlighting it weren't they? That's why the Italian reporter came to be there in the first place. Quite way TR thinks it's his responsibility to go over there and chin someone to 'highlight the issue' is beyond me.

I meant to a British or wider audience.