Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tommy Robinson

royal white

2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

3 other journos broke the same rules but only TR collared for it?

I mentioned that to a solicitor friend the other day. He was under the impression that TR had also filmed/potentially identified jury members?

Ive No idea whether that's accurate 

8 minutes ago, gonzo said:

3 other journos broke the same rules but only TR collared for it?

It’s a weird one. What would happen if it was one of us filming outside? Would we be charged or has he only been charged as he is now classes himself as a journalist? How is anyone to know if court restrictions are in place? Surely the damage had been done when the media had printed all their names and addresses before TR had brought this to light? 

2 hours ago, royal white said:

It’s a weird one. What would happen if it was one of us filming outside? Would we be charged or has he only been charged as he is now classes himself as a journalist? How is anyone to know if court restrictions are in place? Surely the damage had been done when the media had printed all their names and addresses before TR had brought this to light? 

Who knows

I thought TR had been done for filming jurors, as opposed to the defendants. Putting juror information into the public domain is definitely a big no no, especially with this sort of case

4 hours ago, Sweep said:

Who knows

I thought TR had been done for filming jurors, as opposed to the defendants. Putting juror information into the public domain is definitely a big no no, especially with this sort of case

I thought it was the defendants? Does anyone know what’s happening :)

This is a better view I think, The Sun and The Mirror originally claimed that there were a couple of dozen people there. On the video outside Leeds court he only filmed defendants no jury nor did he mention any jury menbers by name. He read the names of the defendants and what they had been charged with, he read these from a BBC website that was still online whilst the trial was on going.  Judge Marson and Mr Wright from the CPS both agreed that nothing TR said in his video could possibly predjudiced the trial.

And TR said The Media where the ememy of the people not journalists, he was talking about the main stream media who inaccurately report things

• Members

........and you automatically swallow that without seeking any verification? Might be true, might not. Might be Bedfordshire, might be bollocks. You are obviously happy to take it as the truth without a second thought.

I have seen none of the words you use being attached to TR but your colours are instantly on display here.

Most admire the lad for having the balls to say what many, many think but are either too afraid to say because of the inevitable self righteous backlash from the holier than thou manufactured outrage set or they just don;t have access to an appropriate platform.

Good on him for having the bollocks to stand up and be counted. If my few quid has assisted him in living a better lifestyle then that sits well with me.

• Site Supporter

I had no idea how little i could trust the news until he highlighted it with his latest Sky News interview.

They put together different questions and answers to give a false understanding and quotes. It was ridiculous.

They knew he was recording i don't understand how they thought they would get away with it.

3 hours ago, jules_darby said:

The only place this is being reported is on social media, I firmly believe that if there was one ounce of truth in this story it would be all over every news paper and news outlet but bizarrely  enough, not reported anywhere. And I see it started from anti TR faceebook page called Tommy Robinson Exposed, dear oh dear

Edited by Widnes Two Hats

37 minutes ago, Widnes Two Hats said:

The only place this is being reported is on social media, I firmly believe that if there was one ounce of truth in this story it would be all over every news paper and news outlet but bizarrely  enough, not reported anywhere. And I see it started from anti TR faceebook page called Tommy Robinson Exposed, dear oh dear

So in other words - you won't believe it until it's in the mainstream media? 

The ones that you've just told us inaccurately report everything? 

If the MSM are reporting it there's probably some truth in it I won't deny that, it's the way they spin the story and added utruths that misleads the audience. For instance, the sun reported that dozens of people turned up yesterday, it was true there were hundreds of dozens but anybody reading the Sun would have thought there was about 30 middle agen men drinking Stella pre 10am as that's what the Sun implied. The fact is that there were women, kids and people of all ages, I agree that a small number were drinking beer but the vast majority where not

But back to the media reporting, whilst the end story will be vastly different from the truth,  I accept that some level of fact checking will have been carried out by media outlets. What I feel less likely to believe is somebody posting these 'facts' on an anti TR facebook page without siteing any sources

And stop being facetious Kent, you're getting as bad as Cheese :D

14 minutes ago, Widnes Two Hats said:

If the MSM are reporting it there's probably some truth in it I won't deny that, it's the way they spin the story and added utruths that misleads the audience. For instance, the sun reported that dozens of people turned up yesterday, it was true there were hundreds of dozens but anybody reading the Sun would have thought there was about 30 middle agen men drinking Stella pre 10am as that's what the Sun implied. The fact is that there were women, kids and people of all ages, I agree that a small number were drinking beer but the vast majority where not

But back to the media reporting, whilst the end story will be vastly different from the truth,  I accept that some level of fact checking will have been carried out by media outlets. What I feel less likely to believe is somebody posting these 'facts' on an anti TR facebook page without siteing any sources

And stop being facetious Kent, you're getting as bad as Cheese :D

Fair enough - just as long as we're using the same critical rigour with everything that gets posted on here. Much of which seems to come from right wing twitter feeds and is somehow taken as gospel. 

The Sun are reporting 1500 turned up in this article - which seems about right? 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/7560355/tommy-robinson-claims-winning-contempt-of-court-reading/amp/

Could it not have just been that the 'dozens' story was written earlier in the day when there were less people there? 

Incidentally - have you ever actually seen me and Cheese in the same room :ph34r:

:)

1 hour ago, kent_white said:

The Sun are reporting 1500 turned up in this article - which seems about right? 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/7560355/tommy-robinson-claims-winning-contempt-of-court-reading/amp/

Could it not have just been that the 'dozens' story was written earlier in the day when there were less people there?

There were somewhere between 1500 and 2000, At 9am, approximately 1000 had gathered outside the court, The Sun and Mirror both ran stories at 11am saying dozens. BBC said 400. They both vastly revised the totals once they realised that the event was being covered live by RT and an American journalist had live tweeted a conversation in the court by two members of the Press Association, as follows

As the two reporters discussed the size of the crowd outside, they openly agreed to downplay it.

One of the reporters had been told by a member of the law enforcement team that there were at that point 1,500 people outside.

After some banter, the PA reporters agreed they would say “hundreds.” The reason was to not “give it credit,” the female said.

These quotes are direct and were transcribed either while they were being uttered or seconds later. They also didn’t come to be secondhand—I heard them myself.

A Press Association spokesperson said they are “inaccurate” and “misheard.”

The American journalist states that courtroom’s official recording device had been turned on, so he is working to get a copy of the audio. Be interesting to hear what was actually said if the audio does come out