Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tommy Robinson

royal white

1 hour ago, Boby Brno said:

You think the British Empire was shite? You need to read up on a few others. I’ll start with the Soviet. They still have statues of Stalin in Russia. It doesn’t get mentioned much because everyone is preoccupied with Trump.

Saying that anything in Nazi Germany, another totalitarian regime, was legal is stretching a definition a very long way.

I do mate - I think we've created a skewed historical narrative of Western Civilisation vs savages. We created famines in India and Ireland that killed millions whilst commiting widespread torture amongst and setting up concentration camps. Most of which lasted well into the 20th century and many countries still suffer the consequences. 

Well aware about the horrors of the Soviet Empire.

I'm not sure how me pointing out the darker side of our colonial history means I'm ignoring the atrocities commited by others? I write far too much on here as it is without adding a paragraph about everyone else. 

Edited by London Wanderer

12 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Go and fuck yourself you prick. Look at their tweets before.

Who are you exactly  ?

Not on Twitter so I don't read tweets.

Listen to yourself mate. It's pathetic. I'm just an ex Boltoner living up in Scotland. Happily tell folk who I am but I'm not gonna start giving out my identity to someone coming out with as much abuse as you who's clearly got connections to folk who were out causing shite at the weekend. We disagree with each other - so you assume I'm telling lies and stirring shite. 

Edited by London Wanderer

4 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

I do mate - I think we've created a skewed historical narrative of Western Civilisation vs savages. We created famines in India and Ireland that killed millions whilst commiting widespread torture amongst and setting up concentration camps. Most of which lasted well into the 20th century and many countries still suffer the consequences. 

Well aware about the horrors of the Soviet Empire.

I'm not sure how me pointing out the darker side of our colonial history means I'm ignoring the atrocities commited by others? I write far too much on here as it is without adding a paragraph about everyone else. 

Every nation has a history that they would wish to forget. I’ve said before, others much worse than ours. Why are you so concerned about things that happened hundreds of years ago? You are aware of atrocities going on around the world right now. What are you doing about it?

2 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Not on Twitter so I don't read tweets.

Listen to yourself mate. It's pathetic. I'm just an ex Bolton fan living up in Scotland. Happily tell folk who I am but I'm not gonna start giving out my identity to someone coming out with as much abuse as you who's clearly got connections to folk who were out causing shite at the weekend. We disagree with each other - so you assume I'm telling lies and stirring shite. 

But yet you're saying it's a petition  ? Hmmm....read on that one what it says before the petition .

Why have I got connections to those scum from the weekend who were causing trouble ? I'm on the blue side, who were there as the newspaper article clearly says went to stop the Peel statue being pulled down.

If your scumbag friends hadn't advertised that fact, nobody would be there to defend the statue....yes or no ? Quite simple isn't it ?

Proximate cause...look it up.

2 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Every nation has a history that they would wish to forget. I’ve said before, others much worse than ours. Why are you so concerned about things that happened hundreds of years ago? You are aware of atrocities going on around the world right now. What are you doing about it?

Exactly mate. What are BLM doing about modern day slavery which is rife in certain countries ? Sweet FA

1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

He doesn't realise they organise stuff through other channels which are private.....deary me.

You said they publicised their intention to pull down the statue at 5pm yesterday. Which channels did they do that on? 

1 minute ago, Tombwfc said:

You said they publicised their intention to pull down the statue at 5pm yesterday. Which channels did they do that on? 

WhatsApp, Telegram, Instagram.

Re the sunday event, they may have even done it on Facebook,  I don't go on there so not 100%certain.

Are you actually doubting they did ? 

6 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

I'm not doing enough about it mate. Donate money where I can. Went on a march against the Iraq War & try & support campaigns against selling weapons. But they don't achieve much.

What can I do? I have no influence over who Russia or Saudi Arabia decide to bomb.

I'm not overly concerned. All this came about because I was discussing with Miami about the IRA & I argued we're not guilt free. It's just interesting that we like to pretend we're one of the best & like to glorify our past. It's not just 100s of years ago mate - These things were still happening well into the 60s & many countries still live with the consequences.