Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tommy Robinson

royal white

5 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Why argue with them? It’s either you are wearing stone island and standing in front of a memorial that didn’t have, and will continue to have , no meaning for some folk.

Ive always worn a poppy, walked to my local Cenotaph (with my Grandpa whilst he was alive) and will always respect those who give the ultimate sacrifice for us to be safe.

I will never back up ‘football lads’ who hide behind a greater sacrifice for a moment they were never part of, just because they feel threatened by a future that they have given up their stake in by being reactionary.

You are adding a comment out of context to the previous postings. I am not advocating protecting statues or cenotaphs I am challenging what I perceive to be dismissive comments about the Cenotaph.

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

You are adding a comment out of context to the previous postings. I am not advocating protecting statues or cenotaphs I am challenging what I perceive to be dismissive comments about the Cenotaph.

That’s your perception but I wasn’t being dismissive. I was relating my  memories of my uncles and grandfather's attitude towards remembrance. 

By all means challenge away, that’s what this place is for, but equally, expect me to tell you I think you’re mistaken. 

18 minutes ago, Tony said:

London Wanderer

"We created famines in India and Ireland that killed millions"

Why would you say that.

I can't comment on Bengal, but my family had a farm in Mayo ( one of the worst affected counties in Ireland) and having seen the farmland I don't know they could ever have managed to survive under any conditions with 8 children. But the British didn't create the famine. There was neglect, incompetence and some evil landlords who disposessed their tenants, but there were good landlords who helped their tenants, including my family. 

I'm sure there were many good tenants like your family mate. 

I'm well aware my views aren't shared by all. But many other historians have talked about our role in the Irish famine & how land colonisation & management led to a poor harvest.

Here is an article that says it better than I could - https://mises.org/library/what-caused-irish-potato-famine#:~:text=British Prime Minister Tony Blair,the emigration of millions more.&text=The English conquered Ireland%2C several,ownership of vast agricultural territory.

As for India - one of the worst famines came about not because of a poor harvest, but because the British leaders in charge at the time exported most of the food - leaving millions to starve.

Churchill was a great war time leader & we all owe our freedom to him. But many around our empire died because of his policies. It shouldn't be anti-British to say so.

12 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I originally thought they were street gangs and not BLM, not sure now as some seemed a tad close to the inner circle. Not saying all BLM are involved, as they're clearly not, just like the other side weren't far right. That was a disgusting slur on the many proud veterans who were there.

One nice thing I did see,  was some of the football folk having a good chat with some BLM people, that's widely available on line too.

I note they caught the woman trying to burn the flag on the Cenotaph , she got bailed until next month. I wonder if she gets jailed like the vile prick did for urinating next to the poor hopper's memorial  ?

I disagree with a lot of what you say on these subjects but IMO the woman trying to burn the flag should get a harsher punishment.

The buffoon having a piss was a fucking idiot but he’s not doing it maliciously

The flag burner is very deliberate and it’s more dangerous 

2 bell ends but flag woman more bell enderererer

4 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

I'm sure there were many good tenants like your family mate. 

I'm well aware my views aren't shared by all. But many other historians have talked about our role in the Irish famine & how land colonisation & management led to a poor harvest.

Here is an article that says it better than I could - https://mises.org/library/what-caused-irish-potato-famine#:~:text=British Prime Minister Tony Blair,the emigration of millions more.&text=The English conquered Ireland%2C several,ownership of vast agricultural territory.

As for India - one of the worst famines came about not because of a poor harvest, but because the British leaders in charge at the time exported most of the food - leaving millions to starve.

Churchill was a great war time leader & we all owe our freedom to him. But many around our empire died because of his policies. It shouldn't be anti-British to say so.

Surely we need an Indian lives matter demo in town then? 

ILM 

15 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I originally thought they were street gangs and not BLM, not sure now as some seemed a tad close to the inner circle. Not saying all BLM are involved, as they're clearly not, just like the other side weren't far right. That was a disgusting slur on the many proud veterans who were there.

One nice thing I did see,  was some of the football folk having a good chat with some BLM people, that's widely available on line too.

I note they caught the woman trying to burn the flag on the Cenotaph , she got bailed until next month. I wonder if she gets jailed like the vile prick did for urinating next to the poor hopper's memorial  ?

We will see. It's important these things are treated equally by our justice system. Or we won't see any peace on the streets.

Appreciate your private message- I'll reply when I'm less knackered & make some sense. As it deserves a proper response. You can be assured I ain't sympathetic with any of those groups.

Important folk listen to each other in times like these. I can be shite at it. Even more important to listen when folks views are polar opposites. There's the liberal hippy snowflake in me. 

1 minute ago, royal white said:

I’m guessing the majority of these lot support BLM.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8437541/Police-issue-CCTV-pictures-35-people-want-question-violence-protests.html

yet the press kept on saying the thugs at the weekend were far right 🤔

What makes you think they were there to support BLM pal?

7 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

I disagree with a lot of what you say on these subjects but IMO the woman trying to burn the flag should get a harsher punishment.

The buffoon having a piss was a fucking idiot but he’s not doing it maliciously

The flag burner is very deliberate and it’s more dangerous 

2 bell ends but flag woman more bell enderererer

Yes, the lad was shit faced but still a dick. Someone mentioned earlier elsewhere shouldn't he have got the normal fine of is it 60 or 80 quid ? Not sure why the woman was bailed though as it is a more serious offence. 

1 minute ago, royal white said:

😂 I recognised a few from the videos 😉

😁

i would also agree that they do look more likely to be BLM supporters on the “face” of it. 
but as you point out interesting it goes completely against the MSM portrayal of who was causing the trouble at weekend and well as the usual suspects off here again appears they were wrong. 

3 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

We will see. It's important these things are treated equally by our justice system. Or we won't see any peace on the streets.

Appreciate your private message- I'll reply when I'm less knackered & make some sense. As it deserves a proper response. You can be assured I ain't sympathetic with any of those groups.

Important folk listen to each other in times like these. I can be shite at it. Even more important to listen when folks views are polar opposites. There's the liberal hippy snowflake in me. 

No worries,  I only sent it when I saw your message earlier about chatting privately. Hope it makes more sense now, especially the recent bits.

5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

😁

i would also agree that they do look more likely to be BLM supporters on the “face” of it. 
but as you point out interesting it goes completely against the MSM portrayal of who was causing the trouble at weekend and well as the usual suspects off here again appears they were wrong. 

Shock horror 

4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

What about, Straight Middle aged white males. Apparently the most despised racist disgusting species on the planet. And if you go to the football, you are the satans of fire and hell and deserve the cross!

#SMAWMlivesmatter

I think you missed off the clinching characteristic of the statanist - no hair

1 hour ago, Boby Brno said:

What do you suggest I do? That's what I asked in the previous post. I've called for our government as part of a campaign to stop selling weapons to militant regimes. I could put my money where my mouth and go and fight but i haven't got the balls.

I was refering to our clinging onto Kenya in the early 60s and some of the horrific practises that went on. The wounds from slavery and colonialism don't just heal overnight. Many ex-European colonies were left in tatters after hundreds of years of colonial rule.

Course these issues existed in humanity long before the British Empire. We didn't invent this shit. I'm sure you can name two more atrocities and 2 more than are happening now. We all could. But what's you point? I was never saying we are the worst or that others a guilt free. Only highlighting that we like to glorify and celebrate the empire under a skewed narrative. 

Edited by London Wanderer

7 minutes ago, royal white said:

Shock horror 

I’m sure they will be back retracting their made up crap asking for some of us to condemn the mainly  “right wing violence” on Saturday which we did try to point out wasnt actually the case. But they knew best. 
so it would appear left wing violence predominantly two weeks running. Wonder why the media aren’t running with this either and apologizing for their incorrect reporting? 

14 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

What about, Straight Middle aged white males. Apparently the most despised racist disgusting species on the planet. And if you go to the football, you are the satans of fire and hell and deserve the cross!

#SMAWMlivesmatter

Not sure why you’re arsed, defo not still in the middle aged category 

Asked it on another thread, but why was the hero of the hour on saturday wearing Kevlar gloves ? Wa a lovely day wasn't it, quite warm, not many folk I know wear those gloves when it's that warm ....and shyness his mate wearing an actually real tin hat ? Looked like he had come off the battleground 

1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

Asked it on another thread, but why was the hero of the hour on saturday wearing Kevlar gloves ? Wa a lovely day wasn't it, quite warm, not many folk I know wear those gloves when it's that warm ....and shyness his mate wearing an actually real tin hat ? Looked like he had come off the battleground 

The same as your man from Star Wars

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

Will they fuckers like, will Sterling, Kane and the like boycott, will John Barnes abd Lineker pipe up about the inequalities and the lack of managerial opportunities for BAME in the middle east 😁. .... nah will they fuckers like.

You wouldn't imply it is aimed at nations like ours and America then ? Hmmmm, why could that be mate 🤫😉🤭

3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

It was also a bit quiet around the South Africa 2010 World Cup, apparently and according to FIFA, it was going to change South Africa and they would heal and become more diverse country.

As anything changed, does a done protest ?

Like i said, you could go on and on and on... the worlds a pretty shit place, but i like to think the UK is one of the most tolerant, diverse and welcoming places on earth, unfortunately some want to do it down, never quite understood that.

Yes, same here mate. Normal folk would think there's a bit of an agenda behind all this wouldn't they ?

How did those marches and protests go for the poor black police officers who were killed recently by the rioters ? I missed all the coverage on the news.

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, royal white said:

I’m guessing the majority of these lot support BLM.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8437541/Police-issue-CCTV-pictures-35-people-want-question-violence-protests.html

yet the press kept on saying the thugs at the weekend were far right 🤔

The clue is in the text

Ones they want to question 

Ie dont know who they are 

The 'football lads' will be well known