Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tommy Robinson

royal white

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

These people never see the outside of zone 2 - they honestly think we're some sort of mutant race. 

Well they have a point.

Most kids born in the late 80's / early 90's around Breightmet are half Cherokee, so the rumours go.

• Members

Breakfast

Dinner 

Tea

Breakfast is breaking your fast of the night

Dinner derives from having a quick snack at a diner for your midday meal 

Tea is from high tea around 4 o’clock when the upper class would sit down and have tea and scones, the lower class and middle class couldn’t afford tea and scones so they resorted to having a meal instead.

Ive made all that up but it sounds good. 

I think 'tea' came from the times one got home from t'mill or t'pit and, because money was so scarce, the only repast on offer was a pot of tea and maybe some bread and dripping.

It didn't matter because most blokes then went down the pub to drink away their wages - leading to the scenario above.

I like being in the company of twats who do down the north - it makes me feel like a wild invader.

Didn't you point out McKellan is from Burnley, btw? Which is the Athens of Lancashire...

47 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Pisses me right off when northerners become some sort of cliché down here, I've had enough of no looky no likey or garlic fucking bread to last me a lifetime. 

One boss thought I would 'know people' to sort out a client because I'm northern - fucks sake, if he perceived me a northern rough, he's led a sheltered life.

A producer I worked for had a show opening at the Octogen, he was American (Max von Sydow's nephew as an aside) anyway, we had a meeting the following week, and he told this story that after going to the opening night he called up Ian McKellen to congratulate him from 'getting out of the shit hole' cue much laughing from the assembled sycophants. I piped up, 'erm, that's my hometown' they then proceed to congratulate me and saying its good to see bright people make it out of dumps like that. These people never see the outside of zone 2 - they honestly think we're some sort of mutant race. So I say, fuck 'em, take their coin, smile, don't play thick and show them that they are ignorant cretins whose ideas about the north are founded on pig thick assumptions. Make them swallow their words, never re-enforce their stupidity.

Last time you were out with us in Bolton - YOU were saying it was a shithole.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Spider said:

But it’s OUR shithole 

Ha, that’s so true!

I’ve not lived there since 1980 but if I hear somebody calling it, I’ll defend it to the end.

Bolton till I die! 😁

14 minutes ago, Rudy said:

But Hull is nice apparently 

Have to say, I think it’s got a nicer centre - Bolton has lovely areas, I wouldn’t say the town centre was one of the best parts of the town anymore. Still, I’ve not been back for nearly a year now, might have improved - the food festival was brilliant.

1 hour ago, Youri McAnespie said:

And Peter Kay could probably employ Sydow's nephew as his butler if he was that way inclined.

I'd rather have brass than class.

In fact, even Paddy McGuinness could probably buy and sell his sorry nickel and dime impresario 'ass'.

And he wears velvet suits.

Velvet fucking suits.

My partner works for an American firm in the uk.

Theyes been given the day off today coz it’s Juneteenth, or slave liberation day as they call it over there

This is the first year that they’ve had a day off tho.

Edited by Ruba Mustafa

1 hour ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

My partner works for an American firm in the uk.

Theyes been given the day off today coz it’s Juneteenth, or slave liberation day as they call it over there

This is the first year that they’ve had a day off tho.

I really like that. Great that the movement is being recognised at a wider level.

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Rudy said:

Breakfast

Dinner 

Tea

Breakfast is breaking your fast of the night

Dinner derives from having a quick snack at a diner for your midday meal 

Tea is from high tea around 4 o’clock when the upper class would sit down and have tea and scones, the lower class and middle class couldn’t afford tea and scones so they resorted to having a meal instead.

Ive made all that up but it sounds good. 

Don't forget brunch

And supper

9 hours ago, Kane57 said:

I really like that. Great that the movement is being recognised at a wider level.

We had a day off two weeks ago across the company to think and reflect on how the company can be doing better in equality. We’ve also got to attend training next week even if you’re on furlough. They are taking this very seriously.

5 minutes ago, Traf said:

Can you go to a work training thing on furlough?

Apparently so, we can also attend company meetings, just as long as we’re not actively doing any work.

We have a thing called Havas University which is essentially online training run by the company and we’re still allowed to access this as well throughout furlough. As long as we’re not generating income, speaking to clients or actually doing work it’s all fine.

Just now, Not in Crawley said:

Apparently so, we can also attend company meetings, just as long as we’re not actively doing any work.

We have a thing called Havas University which is essentially online training run by the company and we’re still allowed to access this as well throughout furlough. As long as we’re not generating income, speaking to clients or actually doing work it’s all fine.

Ah, thanks for that. 
It was a genuine question and not some usual WW trap.

Just now, Traf said:

Ah, thanks for that. 
It was a genuine question and not some usual WW trap.

It was a bit of a strange area at first (especially with meetings) but I guess it’s all above board or else we wouldn’t be doing it and we’ve had training access since the start of furlough. Can’t say I’ve done any though!