Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1-0 Aston Villa

globaldiver

Just back. Great performance that and can't fault anyone. Villa players went down at the slightest touch.

Great flick from Pratley for the first goal. Only saw it under the stands at half time as live I didn't have a clue what had happened.

Congrats to PP as well - not the team selection I would have gone with but got us the result.

Bizarre to hear them singing about empty seats when they’re pushing for promotion, supposedly a massive club and couldn’t fill their allocation. Guessing those in the easterly side of the upper tier didn’t join in as they sprawled across a couple of rows apiece.

World class save from Alnwick late on and similarly a top clearance from Flanagan off the line. Even taking those two chances in to account, we still showed more in front of goal with the goal, Terry clearing one off the line and ALF’s chance second half.

Surprised to see Buckley getting some stick on here. Thought he was very good at Hillsborough and worked his nads off tonight, always offering an outlet when we had the ball while still managing to track back all night.

On C5 now.

• Site Supporter

Loving www.villatalk.com

They are accusing us of cheating by not clearing the goal areas during first half but doing it at half time.

They deliberately left it snowed over when it was our end and have now cleared it.

Pratley got slaughtered by a group near us in NSL (in fact he does every week). Glorious to watch the replay and see him getting the run on Terry and a beaut of a flick. Really wonder what game some folk are watching or how they can be so blinkered.

Nowt in Taylor’s tackle, got the ball and didn’t change the movement of his leg one bit.

Pratley got slaughtered by a group near us in NSL (in fact he does every week). Glorious to watch the replay and see him getting the run on Terry and a beaut of a flick. Really wonder what game some folk are watching or how they can be so blinkered.

Nowt in Taylor’s tackle, got the ball and didn’t change the movement of his leg one bit.

We lost something when Pratley went off. I have long since felt we have a high percentage of clueless morons following us.

• Moderators

That villa fan put a good fight up with the stewards, fair play to him.

Fantastic, battling performance from all of them today. Pressed villa all over the pitch. Le fondre was stepped up massively since madine went.

My take on it was big well done to the steward who gave him a dig

Poor chap then got kicked out

Bizarre to hear them singing about empty seats when they’re pushing for promotion, supposedly a massive club and couldn’t fill their allocation. Guessing those in the easterly side of the upper tier didn’t join in as they sprawled across a couple of rows apiece.

World class save from Alnwick late on and similarly a top clearance from Flanagan off the line. Even taking those two chances in to account, we still showed more in front of goal with the goal, Terry clearing one off the line and ALF’s chance second half.

Surprised to see Buckley getting some stick on here. Thought he was very good at Hillsborough and worked his nads off tonight, always offering an outlet when we had the ball while still managing to track back all night.

On C5 now.

Probably being overly picky but I felt whilst he worked hard he gave the ball away to easily too often.

Possibly I'm just being cranky as I missed it

I’ve never been to a match at the Macron that was as snowy as that, loved every minute though.

We’ve had 2 good away draws, the win today has made it very good for us.

We’ve had 5 clean sheets at home in our last 8 matches, these 1-0 wins will keep us up.

Need to now turn up against the Brum at home next home game.

I’ve never been to a match at the Macron that was as snowy as that, loved every minute though.

We’ve had 2 good away draws, the win today has made it very good for us.

We’ve had 5 clean sheets at home in our last 8 matches, these 1-0 wins will keep us up.

Need to now turn up against the Brum at home next home game.

If you think that was snowy you should have been at Burnden against Everton late 70s I swear it was 3-4 inches deep before it was called off.

If you think that was snowy you should have been at Burnden against Everton late 70s I swear it was 3-4 inches deep before it was called off.

I know I’ve heard of some right wintry matches at Burnden,

but since watching us at the Macron I’ve never seen snow like that.

Felt weird at first, fair play to the fans though, near 20k in that was tremendous

Chatting with some Reading lads tonight.

Agree with them that we have average players who try their bollocks off for each other and Parky.  They have some big money names who don't do either.

They would take Parky in a heartbeat to replace Stam and I can't blame them.