Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1-0 Aston Villa

globaldiver

I meant the numbers that turned up, not the efforts of those there. I was there and it was the lowest league attendance on a Saturday that I can remember, not sure how you could disagree.

I disagree that it was embarrassing. I'd have been embarrassed if I was a Villa fan. Sat all quiet with a sense of entitlement. I've heard more noise from sides that brought a few hundred.

I couldn't care less if some of ours gave it a miss yesterday because of the weather. Those that were there were great!

I meant the numbers that turned up, not the efforts of those there. I was there and it was the lowest league attendance on a Saturday that I can remember, not sure how you could disagree.

Mitigating circumstances surely given the weather. Was very easy to look out of the window and say fuck that, especially with the game being on TV. Half a dozen unused season tickets in the area around us.

East stand seemed to have less in than pne game

Atmosphere wise it was good enjoyed it

Looking from NSL, it was noticeable that there were a lot of empty seats near the halfway line that would ordinarily be season ticket holders. Empty block immediately under the screen as well, presumably for the ever-extending sterile area for segregation.

Aye, Adam Mitchell.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2018/march/international-watch-adam-mitchell-called-up-by-new-zealand/

Would have turned out if down here but the game is in Murcia.

I go to the pinatar arena when I’m over there loads of teams now using it as a training base Newcastle played Antwerp there on Saturday. I’m hoping we get down there one day.

Taylor is slow and has been a weak link. Robinson will get better and is versatile. Absolute no brainer.

Respectfully disagree. Robinson is a shocking defender. Sure he's learning the game, and he's athletic. But his talent is running fast up the line. Positionally, strength wise and passing wise Taylor is the better player. He doesn't run as fast but in a defensive back 4 Taylor wins in just about every category. If you're playing wing backs then Robinson is a no-brainer. 

• Site Supporter

I honestly think Robinson can make a decent career for himself in the more advanced role he played on Saturday when he came on. Defensively he isn't brilliant but with his pace, he can cause problems moving forward - just needs to work on his final ball.

He's only a sprog though, should get better with experience

I honestly think Robinson can make a decent career for himself in the more advanced role he played on Saturday when he came on. Defensively he isn't brilliant but with his pace, he can cause problems moving forward - just needs to work on his final ball.

He's only a sprog though, should get better with experience

He'll make a full back in a good side if he keeps progressing. Half of them can't defend nowadays and he will learn - (blows my mind that Kyle Walker cost 50M - he's bang average). In a side defending for its lives though, he's not a left back, right now. 

Robinson young kid learning to play at a higher level than he has in the past

He is a great asset coming off the bench like he did Saturday as stops us getting forced back he was a brilliant outlet

No one who played against Villa can be criticised till next week. They were magnificent.

• Moderators

Could well be, never in a million years could i forsee Alonso turning out for the Champions of England a few years back.

got his first call up to the international side as well, could well be going to the world cup!