Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby 3-0 Wanderers

famouswanderer

After a terrible start to the season we have since shown mid table form, which contradicts the abilities of our team and our lack of spending power. There have also been a lot of occasions where the results of other teams have been favourable for us. Now however with the pressure mounting and other struggling teams rallying,we are struggling again. Our team looks impotent and is easy to score against. I fear that our pure lack of quality may mean that we get found out in the end. I hope I'm wrong.

We simply ain’t good enough.

I’ve said all along that the other teams will start to pick up points and they have started now.

The away form is a joke and we need to win one.

Well there’s 2 left.

To stay up is a great achievement.

Unfortunately it isn’t looking like we will.

I know this is shit but that’s very speculative mate

When have we ever got owt at Derby?!

According to the BBC, a 2-0 win way back in 1981 (Gerry McElhinney and Chris Thompson if anybody's interested)

We are bloody awful, and with Barnsley and Birmingham improving slightly we are deep in the brown smelly stuff at the moment.

• Moderators

Not sure it’s a lack of fight

We just seen all over the place

Not seen any of today but I’ve not seen a lack of effort

Nodded off and missed the second but we really aren't helping ourselves

We've created nothing but we also haven't come under great pressure

We concede through shit individual mistakes

Tried to give em one in the first few minutes, then a misunderstanding, beavers Robinson I think, leads to their corner for the first

Second, defence just disappears

Anyway, this is over

There's 4 very winnable games left if we can find some sort of spark in the opposition half. Prob needs to be ameobi

Looking into kens statement after the Birmingham game makes me think there's something going on behind the scenes. The effort the team put in against villa was immense but against Leeds and Birmingham it seems to have dropped off quite a bit. Didn't expect anything today but the two games before were very disappointing.

Let’s be honest here, Parky is a defensive minded manager.

His whole ideology, is to get a 0-0 or a 1-0 win, which is evident in a small number of games this season.

The problem is, is that he can’t get the team to do the only thing he is capable of doing as a manager.

Our team despite less quality, along with Parkys tactics, should be going to places like Derby, Leeds etc, and making it very difficult.

And being solid at the back, being threatening from set pieces. Have we seen any of that this season?

We have a team full of giants and rarely score from corners, heck, in our last 2 matches including today, we concede from set pieces, poorly.

He picks the team and trains the team all week.

The long ball tactics to a small man does not work, and doesn’t have a plan B

He benches players that start picking up form.

Brings subs on too late in games.

Can’t hype the team up for big crowds.

We’ve won 1 away match all season.

It’s like the famous quote, “insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results”

I’m not anti-Parky, and I actually think he’s done a decent job for us last year.

But to say he’s not done anything wrong is a bit ridiculous.

Most of that is modern fan nonsense in my view. He isn’t telling them to lump balls at Alfie. They do because they are limited players.

The team hasn’t seen any investment in it for about 4 seasons. What you’re seeing is what happens when your team is made up of journeymen.

After a terrible start to the season we have since shown mid table form, which contradicts the abilities of our team and our lack of spending power. There have also been a lot of occasions where the results of other teams have been favourable for us. Now however with the pressure mounting and other struggling teams rallying,we are struggling again. Our team looks impotent and is easy to score against. I fear that our pure lack of quality may mean that we get found out in the end. I hope I'm wrong.

Holiday tips for Accrington?

Tried to give em one in the first few minutes, then a misunderstanding, beavers Robinson I think, leads to their corner for the first

Anyway, this is over

There's 4 very winnable games left if we can find some sort of spark in the opposition half. Prob needs to be ameobi

According to my maths three wins out of five should do it

Millwall (h) Nah, Barnsley (a) Doubt it, Wolves (h) Our survey said uh-uuuuuh, Burton (a) Really hope so, Forest (h) Might sneek something.

Edited by DavidLeesMullet

We simply ain’t good enough.

I’ve said all along that the other teams will start to pick up points and they have started now.

The away form is a joke and we need to win one.

Well there’s 2 left.

To stay up is a great achievement.

Unfortunately it isn’t looking like we will.

Not often we agree about the footy but that’s all bob on for me

The others were always gonna have runs

Just have to hope Brum have had theirs and we have another mini one

The away form is always gonna kill us :(

Anyway, this is over

Been a lot of “nodding off” from the defence recently

Concentration?

Beating Villa and Bristol City says otherwise. Lack of quality means we need a lot to go for us to win games though.

millwall who finished below us last year and have alot of same squad are 60 points. Myth it's a division you need spend millions on do well in if have right approach

Manager of the year right there. What they’ve done is superb

Stupid that they give that award this time of the season.

Would be funny if cardiff fuck it up and millwall go up in play offs. And wanker warnock still wins manager of the season.

Anyway, theres only one thing for a day like today, and thats beer. And lots of it.

Stupid that they give that award this time of the season.

Would be funny if cardiff fuck it up and millwall go up in play offs. And wanker warnock still wins manager of the season.

Anyway, theres only one thing for a day like today, and thats beer. And lots of it.

I don’t think they give the Manager award during the season?