Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Reading Sack Stam

Thorpey

He’d be crazy to go given he’d be heading in to a situation that was similar to when he arrived with us. You’d hope he’d want to stay up here given he’s local, but it is a bit concerning that there might be an emotional pull of returning there. Then again, remember when we spent a summer panicking about Lennon going to Leicester?!

From what reading fans said other week they seem to have bigger problems off the field than us

Ironically I was talking about this with some Reading lads last night and they reckon the players are at the point of just ignoring Stam's negative tactics and just going out and playing their own game.  That could have been interesting if they actually ended up winning.  Could Stam have had a go at them for ignoring him even though they proved his tactics were crap?

Ironically I was talking about this with some Reading lads last night and they reckon the players are at the point of just ignoring Stam's negative tactics and just going out and playing their own game. That could have been interesting if they actually ended up winning. Could Stam have had a go at them for ignoring him even though they proved his tactics were crap?

sounds a right carry on, I was referring more to the ownership and the substantial debts that are increasing not a happy camp

Not really surprising as these boys were in the play off final last year against Huddersfield I think.

Kept waiting for their results to improve, but they have been dropping like a stone.

May just be enough time to get a few wins and limp to safety.

They were 14th at Christmas.

• Moderators

Interestingly, Reading, Barnsley, Sunderland and Birmingham have all changed management. For the majority of them, it has had no positive effect. I thought Coleman would have stopped Sunderlands freefall, in fact he's made it worse.

Think Sunderland's problems go beyond management, Coleman is a decent manager but he's in a similar position to what Lennon was for us when we went down.  Confidence is rock bottom and apathy sky high.

As for Barnsley, they didn't sack theirs in the hope of an upturn in performance, he just left.

Reading, well, time will tell, they'll probably stay up though.

and Brum, well they've had 5 managers in 15 months, but if Monk keeps them up, and he's only had 3 games so far, it's mission accomplished.

I'm just glad in hindsight that KA couldn't afford to be bothered sacking PP.