Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barnsley 2-2 Wanderers

burnden

I’ll not sit on the fence here, would I fuck.

His crossing might have been poor yesterday but he got in good positions time and time again. Even if the final ball wasn’t quite what we needed he was putting pressure on Barnsley’s right side and they had to worry about defending against him rather than going forward themselves. With Taylor there is no such concern from them because he just can’t get forward / beat a man so they can attack at will.

A few observations;

First half like two pub teams Barnsleys confidence boosted by really shit defending firstly Wheater (who otherwise was decent) needlessly concedes a corner. Alnwick flaps at it and we don`t react quickly enough to clear. Rest of first half we were awful but the fucking negativity around me was shocking. Booing the team off at HT - What the hell does that achieve?

The bloke stood next to me should have letters behind his name for pessimism. Having listened to his incessant slating of the performance - fair enough some was justified I said to him during the interval trying to be pragmatic we football fans are generally a fickle bunch and we will leave Oakwell beaming if we score a last minute equaliser. " No we wont its fucking shit".

Second half for once the substitutions worked - the game opened up with Buckley and Robinson (if only he could pick out a team mate rather than the opposition) linking well. When Wheaters header was cleared off the line I had all but given up. But salvation needless penalty. The feisty junkie twat McBurnie could have been off but full marks to Alf who keep his nerve despite the outrageous gamesmanship. He was never gonna place it and hammered a home a deserved equaliser.

Blood pressure off the scale I would have taken a draw at that point but a great break some poor defending and Noone who contributed well smashes us in front,.Utter delirium "No we wont its fucking shit" now has a change of heart and tries to shag me in celebration!

Five minutes added time was a joke - it ought to have been far more. Barnsleys understandable time wasting 4 or 5 substitutions two goal celebrations and two/three minutes melee following the penalty award. Can we cling on - more shit marking from a set piece.

Journey home was entertaining following a few pints to calm the nerves - Overall Glass half full.........   

On reflection, the point is better for us than Barnsley. Whilst they have probably two decent fixtures coming up both are away. It’s quite simple to me. If Barnsley win two and Birmingham win 1 and draw one we will likely go down. If either get less than that we will be ok.

A few observations;

First half like two pub teams Barnsleys confidence boosted by really shit defending firstly Wheater (who otherwise was decent) needlessly concedes a corner. Alnwick flaps at it and we don`t react quickly enough to clear. Rest of first half we were awful but the fucking negativity around me was shocking. Booing the team off at HT - What the hell does that achieve?

The bloke stood next to me should have letters behind his name for pessimism. Having listened to his incessant slating of the performance - fair enough some was justified I said to him during the interval trying to be pragmatic we football fans are generally a fickle bunch and we will leave Oakwell beaming if we score a last minute equaliser. " No we wont its fucking shit".

Second half for once the substitutions worked - the game opened up with Buckley and Robinson (if only he could pick out a team mate rather than the opposition) linking well. When Wheaters header was cleared off the line I had all but given up. But salvation needless penalty. The feisty junkie twat McBurnie could have been off but full marks to Alf who keep his nerve despite the outrageous gamesmanship. He was never gonna place it and hammered a home a deserved equaliser.

Blood pressure off the scale I would have taken a draw at that point but a great break some poor defending and Noone who contributed well smashes us in front,.Utter delirium "No we wont its fucking shit" now has a change of heart and tries to shag me in celebration!

Five minutes added time was a joke - it ought to have been far more. Barnsleys understandable time wasting 4 or 5 substitutions two goal celebrations and two/three minutes melee following the penalty award. Can we cling on - more shit marking from a set piece.

Journey home was entertaining following a few pints to calm the nerves - Overall Glass half full.........

Grest post. Your optimism has cheered me up somewhat. Cheers pal

If we can get to the last day still being in the mix it's going to be very interesting. Even if we're in the bottom three by that stage, we seem to have the best fixture in Forest at home. The rest are Birmingham v Fulham, PNE v Burton, Sunderland v Wolves, Derby v Barnsley and Cardiff v Reading.

For those with long memories my big hope is that this second tier season is going to end like 1981/2 ... not 1982/3.

• Site Supporter

Couldn't believe the morons ole-ing in the first half...ffs we could all see it was shot but if you can't back your team in a relegation battle at least have the decency to shut the fuck up!

Anyway, it was a musnt lose game & we didn't, need a point at Burton & to beat Forest & that's doable providing the team that showed for the 2nd half yesterday shows up.

Couldn't believe the morons ole-ing in the first half...ffs we could all see it was shot but if you can't back your team in a relegation battle at least have the decency to shut the fuck up!

Anyway, it was a musnt lose game & we didn't, need a point at Burton & to beat Forest & that's doable providing the team that showed for the 2nd half yesterday shows up.

Sadly Bolton seem to have a higher proportion of moaning completely negative morons following us. I don’t know why. Never understood people who go to games wanting to criticise the players rather than enjoy the experience and support them.

Sadly Bolton seem to have a higher proportion of moaning completely negative morons following us. I don’t know why. Never understood people who go to games wanting to criticise the players rather than enjoy the experience and support them.

It's a free world, but pointless.

A few observations;

Excellent summary.

All credit to Alf for keeping his nerve when Barnsley's cheating was going on all around him......my nerve had gone & I was sure he was going to miss !!

Robinson's crossing from good positions was terrible...he blasted one over everybody & hit the 1st man with all the others. ( I also thought he was crossing too soon & could have gone to the bi line & pulled them back )

Nothing but contempt for the boo boys who were screaming abuse from the 1st minute in such a crucial match, but it was a relief when they were drowned out by the majority when they tried to boo the team off at h/t.

C'mon Wolves . Urrrgh

Can't comment on the game I was at aintree gutted they scored late but that's typical of our season I reckon this is going to the last game beat forest we stay up.happy with a point I reckon it's between us and Birmingham I think Barnsley can beat forest and Leeds.

We really don't. This gets trotted out alot. A few people ole ole d (which I disagree with) but we have won 1 away game in 46 at this level.

Our support are patient as fuck

Robinson crossing was gash but I'd play him every time instead of Taylor.

The equaliser might come back to haunt us clumsy foul in the first place free kick takes a deflecton & corner woefully defended .Still a cracking day out if we carry on playing like the second half no worries oh & that albino with the rolled down socks should have gone pure gamesmanship (I sign him up though)

It's a free world, but pointless.

I mean everyone has a moan now and again. But I just don’t get the types that spent £100 on a day out to spend 90 minutes telling everyone how bad we are and shouting at every mistake. It’s just weird. You could just go down a local park for free if you just want to shout at shite.

We really don't. This gets trotted out alot. A few people ole ole d (which I disagree with) but we have won 1 away game in 46 at this level.

Disappointed yesterday to hear so many negatives from our fans. WTF were the idiots doing having a pop at the players as they were walking off at ht?

With such a large following isn’t it better to get behind the team for 90 minutes as the Brum fans did at our place?

Disappointed yesterday to hear so many negatives from our fans. WTF were the idiots doing having a pop at the players as they were walking off at ht?

With such a large following isn’t it better to get behind the team for 90 minutes as the Brum fans did at our place?

I agree. But as a rule our support is superb. I'm pretty sure a few would of been vocal in that brum end that night too at times.

I mean everyone has a moan now and again. But I just don’t get the types that spent £100 on a day out to spend 90 minutes telling everyone how bad we are and shouting at every mistake. It’s just weird. You could just go down a local park for free if you just want to shout at shite.

I know and agree, but whatever gets you through the night

Same thing happened last time I went to Barnsley under freedman, we got murdered in 1st half but somehow it was still 0-0 (danns winner in 2nd half). The position of the tunnel is asking for it if we're playing negative stuff, with our away record at this level it's a good job all tunnels aren't next to the away end.

As I posted at the time yesterday, I was right by the tunnel and an angry mob descended at half time so there’s me thinking oh heck this could turn ugly, only for it to be full of blokes roaring them off and shouting encouragement to the players and Parky rather than abusing. Somewhat surprising but undoubtedly more constructive than calling them a bunch of cunts.