Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Roadrunner Video

Krimzon

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think Carlos had a JMcG VHS that he found in a skip that id  never seen before .....be very interested in that .

there is a market for this stuff , I sold a roadrunner vhs of Bwfc vs Bcfc , boring draw but Steve McLaren was playing .;..that went for £35 ......a BCFC home video of the 86 FRT final filmed from the middle of their end , went for a big whack , i missed out on that cos I got drunk and woke up 2 mins after the auction end.

Jimmy Goodison, guy from roadrunner, now lives in Worcester. Been speaking to him last few weeks. He has all games from feb 1988 to when we made the prem. he is looking to sell his collection. A guy from Wigan called Ian unsworth had tapes from around 1986 to 1988. I previously went to his house and bought chesterfield away, Burnley away fa cup, Scarborough away, Halifax away, Barnsley away fa cup. Put clips on YouTube from these games. I’ve been chasing him as wanted to buy all his tapes from these few years. He now lives in Bournemouth and I eventually managed to speak to him last week. Now for the seriously bad news. He tried to sell them on eBay, couldn’t, so took the lot to the TIP and binned them. I was gutted to say the least. Those videos were priceless and likely to be the only copies ever made.

Jimmy Goodison, guy from roadrunner, now lives in Worcester. Been speaking to him last few weeks. He has all games from feb 1988 to when we made the prem. he is looking to sell his collection. A guy from Wigan called Ian unsworth had tapes from around 1986 to 1988. I previously went to his house and bought chesterfield away, Burnley away fa cup, Scarborough away, Halifax away, Barnsley away fa cup. Put clips on YouTube from these games. I’ve been chasing him as wanted to buy all his tapes from these few years. He now lives in Bournemouth and I eventually managed to speak to him last week. Now for the seriously bad news. He tried to sell them on eBay, couldn’t, so took the lot to the TIP and binned them. I was gutted to say the least. Those videos were priceless and likely to be the only copies ever made.

He shouldawouldacoulda sold them on here , thats gutting news ! i know for a fact there is a copy of the 86 FRT final around but filmed from inside the city fans that occaisionally comes up on ebay , and Im at the moment in touch with ITV Granada about  the "Game For A Laugh" episode that was filmed on the pitch at Burnden park but they have said dont get your hopes up.

there was also some strange "soap" pilot with a very young Chesney from corrie around the early reebok that Im trying to get hold of.

How much does Jimmy want for his collection ? I probably couldnt buy it but would be willing to go in with others for it.

Anyone remember Alan Stubbs and Jason McCateer going on a quiz show with tony knowles?

Think Elton Welsby was the host.

They were Thick as pig shit :D

"What was Boltons name when they were first formed?"

"Newton Heath"

Shocking!

Anyone remember 'us' winning 'Up for the cup' in the early 80s? We beat Charlton Inc Jim Bowen in the final!

• Moderators

if we are talkiing utter shite, there was an itv 'talent' show where acts represented their football team

we had bob williamson

not sure if dave wolfe, blast from the past there, was also involved

Wasn't there an anecdote about McAteer and pizza?

He wanted his pizza cut into 4, not 8 slices as he didn't want to be greedy.

aye , apparently thats true , he said cut it into 4 , I cant eat 8 slices , or words to that effect. As told by Paddy McGuiness.

Anyone remember Alan Stubbs and Jason McCateer going on a quiz show with tony knowles?

Think Elton Welsby was the host.

They were Thick as pig shit :D

Yup , still have it on vhs , we got beat "5-0" by tranmere , the spice boys thing was just coming into affect as Macateer was knobbing sporty spice alledgedly  and the only "famous" Boltonion they could get was Tony Knowles........Stu Francis was unavailable.

I've got quite a few at home. My personal favourite is Wrexham away - you don't see many scenes like our away end when Robbie 'show us yer arse' Savage bags the winner.

I may have mentioned this before but if you listen to the announcer mid way thru you can hear ".......message for person x from bolton who came with person Y , he is in the hospital getting his face stitched"

• Site Supporter

aye , apparently thats true , he said cut it into 4 , I cant eat 8 slices , or words to that effect. As told by Paddy McGuiness.

It's a fairly old joke so even with it involving McAteer I'd be wondering if it was just an anecdote being told by Paddy McGuinness just to highlight how thick he was.

"What was Boltons name when they were first formed?"

"Newton Heath"

Shocking!

Anyone remember 'us' winning 'Up for the cup' in the early 80s? We beat Charlton Inc Jim Bowen in the final!

I think it was John Byrom who said that in some football quiz show

• 1 year later...
On 26/03/2018 at 20:13, Kane57 said:

Got a load more but can't seem to attach the photos

Anyway, a list:

1996/7 Season Review - x4 VHS

Play Off Final v Reading

1994/5 Goals Compilation

Christmas 1994 Compilation

Baptism of Fire - first season in the Premier League

Sam's Super Season, Six of the Best

Christmas Compilation - not sure of the year but Phil Neal is the manager

Bolton v Spurs 27/11/96

Gudni Boltonsson 

Then there's those above too. 

Get in touch if you're interested. If you want to see the remaining covers just let me know and I can whatsapp them

Still available