Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Peter Kay

royal white

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

Why fuck about and be cryptic all the time then? Just say what you mean instead of trying to be "clever" if that's what you're doing

the post directly above mine was about copyright infringement and solicitors..  so felt ,kind of, that it was slightly redundant to quote it. 

if folk dont know garlic is an onion , then can see why it got lost. 

heres a similar joke about how dreamworks copies pixar. 

https://youtube.com/watch?v=55hjRyvEbhw 

but i only just found the video. 

im not trying to be big brained or owt im just makin' jokes. 

ripping him off wholesale means he might have to do what i was attempting and "generify" ( genericize?) the jokes so he doesnt get sued like the OP says. 

Edited by e2e4
stuff

Firebird and the phoenix are two distinct cultural phenomenon, I think.

Firebird made some right stinkers, 'Mad Nurse' being one.

The first game I ever personally bought (rather than machine-bundled or gifts) was 'Parabola' by Firebird...

It was rock hard.

I've also seen The Firebird, twice (in a double with Petrushka).

I'm dead cultured, me.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

22 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Firebird and the phoenix are two distinct cultural phenomenon, I think.

Firebird made some right stinkers, 'Mad Nurse' being one.

The first game I ever personally bought (rather than machine-bundled or gifts) was 'Parabola' by Firebird...

It was rock hard.

I've also seen The Firebird, twice.

yeah maybe they are two destinct things . i would assume ones from the bible or summat and the others norse or summat. 

the wild bunch was a firebird game , iirc, but it was more like the oregan trail and OK Corral thing , than the wild bunch film .. from what i remember.

Edited by e2e4
changed url

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, e2e4 said:

if folk dont know garlic is an onion , then can see why it got lost. 

Allium genus contains both garlic and onion. That doesn’t make either interchangeable with the other.

6 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I was just sat here imagining Youri reading e2e4s posts, scratching his head & thinking 'WTF is this mentalist on about?!!!) 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I think e2e4 is Youris alter ego when he's blacked out pissed and starts spouting incoherent shit. 

It makes sense when you call him out on it and he explains what he's on about! 🤣 

Either way I love this site for these very reasons. So many characters! 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, stevieb said:

I think e2e4 is Youris alter ego when he's blacked out pissed and starts spouting incoherent shit. 

It makes sense when you call him out on it and he explains what he's on about! 🤣 

I stopped reading e2e4s posts many moons ago due to the fact not one ever made any sense to me, I just scroll past now. 😁

5 minutes ago, stevieb said:

2 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I stopped reading e2e4s posts many moons ago due to the fact not one ever made any sense to me, I just scroll past now. 😁

I love reading all that stuff and I’m with stevieb. e2e4 is a great character. Trying to decipher some of his posts is brilliant. We could have boring fuckers papping on about attendances, programme sales and the colour of the seats. Oh hang on….

btw RONNIE I get the smiley face 

14 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

I love reading all that stuff and I’m with stevieb. e2e4 is a great character. Trying to decipher some of his posts is brilliant. We could have boring fuckers papping on about attendances, programme sales and the colour of the seats. Oh hang on….

btw RONNIE I get the smiley face 

I'd take e2e4 making absolutely no sense to the common man than the minutiae of the clubs financial irregularities being discussed at length ever again. 

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I'd take e2e4 making absolutely no sense to the common man than the minutiae of the clubs financial irregularities being discussed at length ever again. 

I hear you brother! The bugger has just left a perfectly decipherable post on another thread to spite me. 😂

• 1 year later...

I was reading a few weeks ago Peter Kay had done a couple of 'secret gigs' with the possibility of a tour next year.

Going to see him live tomorrow when he is performing in aid of The Lily Foundation. It's an audience of around 140 people.

Good to see he is back doing what he hopefully does best. No doubt he has lots of new material, but he hasn't done stand up for over 10 years so I'm sure he'll be looking to make sure he has still got it before trying to sell out Arenas again.

Edited by farnworth white

10 minutes ago, farnworth white said:

I was reading a few weeks ago Peter Kay had done a couple of 'secret gigs' with the possibility of a tour next year.

Going to see him live tomorrow when he is performing in aid of The Lily Foundation. It's an audience of around 140 people.

Good to see he is back doing what he hopefully does best. No doubt he has lots of new material, but he hasn't done stand up for over 10 years so I'm sure he'll be looking to make sure he has still got it before trying to sell out Arenas again.

He could stick 50 dates up at the arena tomorrow and they'd all sell out instantly. 

Hope he's well.

30 minutes ago, farnworth white said:

I went to one of the "secret gigs" at the Lowry, throughly enjoyed it.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, glennboltw said:

I went to one of the "secret gigs" at the Lowry, throughly enjoyed it.

Did you buy a ticket knowing who you were seeing or is it pot luck? Not anything I’d heard of before until I read it online a couple of weeks ago.

15 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Did you buy a ticket knowing who you were seeing or is it pot luck? Not anything I’d heard of before until I read it online a couple of weeks ago.

I got sent an email from Gigs and tours, stating as a valued customer I had the chance to buy tickets for the gig at the lowry the night after.

1 hour ago, farnworth white said:

Thx for the 2 tickets I’ll see you tomorrow. 👍