Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

First Away Game Following The Wanderers

Marc505

I’ve wanted to do a 100% season but realise that time has now been and gone.

Need to be in Premier League from a cost point of view I reckon, less league games, join Cup later, get international breaks to remind others you’re still alive

Although being a premier league club would probably mean an abroad pre season tour...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve designs on doing a 100% season one year. Reckon First Team Friendlies count towards a 100% season alongside league and cup?

I'd like to do it once too. I think I managed 16 in 92-93 but with cup games that was only just over half I reckon.

Perhaps when I retire

2 all draw at Tranmere in the FA Cup in 1983. I had to look it up to be sure in all honesty, I thought it may be that game and knew for sure it would be in that season. I remember being quite impressed by the stand that we were in at the time.

2 all draw at Tranmere in the FA Cup in 1983. I had to look it up to be sure in all honesty, I thought it may be that game and knew for sure it would be in that season. I remember being quite impressed by the stand that we were in at the time.

We conceded in the last minute as we always used to away from home in those days. I remember the Wanderers fans singing what today would be unacceptable and terribly racist song but at the time was quite funny

Remember going with my mate at the time in his dads car late 60's to Blackburn and standing in the home end, as an aside we went via a pie factory in Golborne fantastic. Not sure it was my first away thou vaguely remember going to Oldham, York, Trashmere and Shrewsbury around that time, happy days. Someone mentioned Carlisle in the early 70's interesting day out that was especially after the match, mate I was with got nicked after the game

We conceded in the last minute as we always used to away from home in those days. I remember the Wanderers fans singing what today would be unacceptable and terribly racist song but at the time was quite funny

Was it about how super George Oghani was?

Oops. The above should be on the other thread. I used to go to all the games in the capital between 1967 and 1970 when I worked in Surrey. I remember that The valley always seemed a ground we got a result from. I remember a particular game against Watford in August 1969 when they played us off the park, Hopkinson retired that season and played out of his skin that match to keep the score at 0-0. best display of goalkeeping I have ever seen.

My 100% season was the year we got back into the premier same year Sasa scored that wonder goal at Stamford bridge, just checked and the attendance that night was just over 17k.

Was being redeveloped at the time wasn’t it. I know that wasn’t the only reason for lower crowds

Earliest away game I can remember is a night game at Wigan and we went with Steve Thompsons mrs. No idea

of the score. Probably around 90'ish.

Next big one I can remember properly is the play off final 91 in the back of my dads van looking for pubs at 10am in the middle of London :D

My 100% season was the year we got back into the premier same year Sasa scored that wonder goal at Stamford bridge, just checked and the attendance that night was just over 17k.

There was a 17 year-old lad working for me who was a Stalybridge Celtic fan.

He decided to do a full season, and all went well until Good Friday, when he got beaten up at a local derby (Mossley or Droylsden).

Unfortunately he was still in hospital on Easter Monday and missed Rhyl away.

Remember going with my mate at the time in his dads car late 60's to Blackburn and standing in the home end, as an aside we went via a pie factory in Golborne fantastic. Not sure it was my first away thou vaguely remember going to Oldham, York, Trashmere and Shrewsbury around that time, happy days. Someone mentioned Carlisle in the early 70's interesting day out that was especially after the match, mate I was with got nicked after the game

I did a coach to Carlisle early 70's and it was full of loons; several got nicked.

Maybe you was on our coach