Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cheating Aussie Scum

L/H White

Apparently this was the first time they ever did it...

Strange that the ball hooped all Ashes long, and they they forgot their legal tactics for achieving that and decided to cheat.

1 match ban is unbelievably lenient - given the entire team was collectively in on it, hard to see how they shouldn't all be taking a long break from all competitions.

Collapsing in a heap now. Hard to believe they have the gall to keep playing, but nice to see them ritually embarrassed like this.

Can't get over the 1 match ban for 1 player. Pakistani's fiddled an irrelevant side stat and went to prison. Australia have stolen whole Test matches and series through cheating for who knows how long, and they're going to get a tap on the wrists.

Heaviest runs defeat by South Africa

The ban by the crcket authorities is probably in line with the law

Australia's authorities will, hopefully, enhance the punishment

If Smith comes here, we'll be all over him

Heaviest runs defeat by South Africa

The ban by the crcket authorities is probably in line with the law

Australia's authorities will, hopefully, enhance the punishment

If Smith comes here, we'll be all over him

They are over here for some ODIs this summer. Im going to the old trafford one in june. Should be fun

• Members

Barmy Army will be singing about this for years to come. PM and all sorts of dignitaries up in arms about it.

I have suspected that they have been cheats for years. Even their over the top sledging would be construed as bullying in all other places of employment.

The Kiwi's will be loving this as much as we are. They have never forgiven that underarm ball. Just not cricket and I will watch their implosion with smug satisfaction.

• Site Supporter

Barmy Army will be singing about this for years to come. PM and all sorts of dignitaries up in arms about it.

I have suspected that they have been cheats for years. Even their over the top sledging would be construed as bullying in all other places of employment.

The Kiwi's will be loving this as much as we are. They have never forgiven that underarm ball. Just not cricket and I will watch their implosion with smug satisfaction.

There's quite a pertinent, impromptu song that the barmy army were booming out during the test with the kiwis. Their supporters loved it too.

• Site Supporter

Jimmy Anderson couldn't move the ball during ashes yet all the Aussie spinners were swinging then here there and everywhere. If that wasn't as a result of tampering then I don't know what it was.

Jimmy Anderson couldn't move the ball during ashes yet all the Aussie spinners were swinging then here there and everywhere. If that wasn't as a result of tampering then I don't know what it was.

As Mounts commentated, perhaps flippantly, the only outcome of a proper mea culpa review will be to deliver the Ashes back where they belong.