Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Games You've Attended As A Neutral

L/H White

12 hours ago, ianofcleveleys said:

Couple of World Cup group games in 1982, Argentina v El Salvador and Belgium v Hungary. Went from Benidorm on a coach full of Belgians who were a jolly bunch and made it a load of fun

Went to USSR v Belgium at the Nou Camp. I've mentioned this before on here but had the opportunity to go to Brazil v Argentina at Espanol's old ground but the guy selling tickets said it might not be suitable for a 9 year old.

I've never forgiven my family for that. 

5 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Napoli probably beforehand, Salernitana never been an issue for me. Don't ever recall a sellout at Stadio Arechi but there must have been some! Tickets easy to find everywhere - especially at a lot of the local bars. Club Antica Salerno are present in a few bars and are a good source but the one I can definitely recommend is Bar Luna in Torrione (my local whilst I am there). Usually no problem getting match tickets there but they can sometimes be funny buggers if you're a strange face on their turf. Thanks to missus' extended family, I am a 'local' now.

Thanks for that pal. Looking forward to it.

• Members
21 minutes ago, tshape said:

Thanks for that pal. Looking forward to it.

A lot of nutcases at both games mate. You won't be wanting for 'atmosphere' if you can get anywhere near either clubs Ultra's.

Just avoid the Camorra which is not as easy as it might sound. I have had two incidents with them both of which involved pistols and one was football related.

A good bar in Salerno was the Easy Rider Bar near Lungomare but I note it has changed hands and is now the Black Rose Irish Pub.I'll probably give that a swerve and rely on bar Luna next time I am there - possibly later this year.

Did Man U vs Spurs two seasons ago in the posh seats. Helping a mate to set up and network his new business. Got caned on here for admitting it 😀 Fucking hell that was boring. Shite atmosphere, shite game, no interest in the result. Hated it

Been to a quite a few Massives games with my brother over the years as he has two ST's. Mainly for a few beers in Manc and a catch up with him. Even worse than Utd. No atmosphere whatsoever although I will give them some credit - that whole City Square thing with the food, drinks, music outside the stadium is fucking superb. Brilliant for home fans but no good for away fans though. Scary when they played Roma in a CL game - their ultras just marched straight through and you could have heard a pin drop

Done a few local non-leagues over the last few years. Curzon Ashton was OK. They seem to like us due to the pre-seasons that we've done. Droylsden was weird. Proper backward neanderthal stuff I can only compare to Port Vale fans

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Did Man U vs Spurs two seasons ago in the posh seats. Helping a mate to set up and network his new business. Got caned on here for admitting it 😀 Fucking hell that was boring. Shite atmosphere, shite game, no interest in the result. Hated it

Been to a quite a few Massives games with my brother over the years as he has two ST's. Mainly for a few beers in Manc and a catch up with him. Even worse than Utd. No atmosphere whatsoever although I will give them some credit - that whole City Square thing with the food, drinks, music outside the stadium is fucking superb. Brilliant for home fans but no good for away fans though. Scary when they played Roma in a CL game - their ultras just marched straight through and you could have heard a pin drop

Done a few local non-leagues over the last few years. Curzon Ashton was OK. They seem to like us due to the pre-seasons that we've done. Droylsden was weird. Proper backward neanderthal stuff I can only compare to Port Vale fans

Wasn't Dale Creggan from round Droylsden way? Now he did have an eye for a player! 😊

7 hours ago, Marc505 said:

When any of you attend these games as a neutral, do you celebrate the goals like this?

(Edit - apart from Monsieur Grey at OT, of course)

I’m not one for the ‘why don’t you go and watch someone else’ brigade but I think losing this fella to big nights and YouTube at other clubs may be good business all round.

1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

I didn’t realise he was still making these vlogs. Obviously not grown up yet then

They aren't rating pies and Premier League shirts because they are immature, young Theo will be making a  good income from his 236,000 subscribers.

I see he went watching Glasgow Rangers last night and already has 28,000 views on his vlog, on Tuesday he went watching Dortmund and has 196,000 views on that he'll be drawing more money from Youtube activites than he would in an average office job.

Edited by Roger_Dubuis

Just now, Roger_Dubuis said:

They aren't rating pies and Premier League shirts because they are immature, young Theo will be making a  good income from his 236,000 subscribers.

I see he went watching Glasgow Rangers last night and already has 28,000 views on his vlog, on Tuesday he went watching Dortmund and has 196,000 views on that he'll be drawing more money from Youtube than he would in an average office job.

Oh Rangers last night was it? He was going mental when Celtic scored at some game there last season, did he have a Rangers scarf tied round his neck this time?

Mind you I've seen him gurning at goals scored by Chelsea, Spurs, Celtic, Zenit, Dortmund... Oh and Bolton, now, so.

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

Oh Rangers last night was it? He was going mental when Celtic scored at some game there last season, did he have a Rangers scarf tied round his neck this time?

Mind you I've seen him gurning at goals scored by Chelsea, Spurs, Celtic, Zenit, Dortmund... Oh and Bolton, now, so.

It's just a  job for him, makes better viewing if he puts an act on celebrating goals he doesn't care about.One thing i wonder is if sex offers from his subscribers is one of the perks :lol:

19 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

It's just a  job for him, makes better viewing if he puts an act on celebrating goals he doesn't care about.One thing i wonder is if sex offers from his subscribers is one of the perks :lol:

Oh I'm sure it is and he'll probably end up getting an amazing job as some global content creator at the likes of Mundial or Copa 90 so he can go and look like he's getting felched when goals are scored in Brazil or Japan or wherever. Fair play to him, but it doesn't mean I don't have to think he's a complete bell.

I wouldn't mind, got all mention of him muted on Twitter and I still see this shit 😂

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

He doesn't reply to me anymore since he got all billy big time watching other teams

• Site Supporter
21 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Has he ignored your advances, Roger?