Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Masters

L/H White

Have to say, if you don't want him to win Spieth is an absolute bastard of a competitor. Never looks like he's playing well whatsoever but keeps grinding out a score.

Aye.  If he stays fit I'd stick money on him winning more than Nicklaus over his career

On form his putting is other worldy; and he does it all with a strong gripped hold off push swing (which I am constantly trying to sort out!)

I'd like Mcilroy to win, all depends if he can stay in contention today

Edited by madthatter

Rory shot 65 and left 3 putts right in the jaws on a day when he was driving it iffy and only hit 1 iron shot close. He's turning in to Spieth, almost unfairly good short game.

If he can hit a few better iron shots there should be a similar score out there for him today and then at least he'll force the fat cheat to win it

Rollercoaster so far - Reed's long game pretty ordinary so far and hopefully the putting goes the same way once it gets closer to the sharp end.

Rory already hit his best 2 iron shots of the tournament. Sadly also his worst drive and worst putt.

Is there any point in giving him more than one hideous blazer he'll never wear?

I believe they're not allowed to take them out of the club - Ballesteros 'famously' took his with him . . .

Well, soon as Rory missed that eagle putt on 2 you could see him mentally crumble.  Great talent but can't hack it if he's not on top form.

Speith, on the other hand, knows how to grind it out.  Reed got very lucky at times but I think all major winners get their fair share of the rub - you need it.

I'm missing something but why all the 'hate' for Reed?

I believe they're not allowed to take them out of the club - Ballesteros 'famously' took his with him . . .

Well, soon as Rory missed that eagle putt on 2 you could see him mentally crumble.  Great talent but can't hack it if he's not on top form.

Speith, on the other hand, knows how to grind it out.  Reed got very lucky at times but I think all major winners get their fair share of the rub - you need it.

last ryder cup

Edited by L/H White

Reed put his finger to his lips to shush the crowd  after a good putt at the last Ryder Cup which the Brits didn't like.The Brits don't like his winning record in the Ryder Cup either....
It doesn't explain why he got the most lukewarm ovation an American must have ever got for winning the Masters though.Apparantly he has an overly high opinion of himself, challenged Tiger openly about his opinion on something and there were suspicions of him cheating and stealing at university.

Reed put his finger to his lips to shush the crowd  after a good putt at the last Ryder Cup which the Brits didn't like.The Brits don't like his winning record in the Ryder Cup either....
It doesn't explain why he got the most lukewarm ovation an American must have ever got for winning the Masters though.Apparantly he has an overly high opinion of himself, challenged Tiger openly about his opinion on something and there were suspicions of him cheating and stealing at university.

Jesus, so Brits are annoyed cos we lost to him?   What about Rory's ear cupping?  Mardy bums

As for the reception he got, that was bizarre.   I'd assume there must be something to it for that kind of anti-reaction but come on, the fella's just played a blinder and deserved a bit more credit.  Still, yanks and class eh ;)  (that's sarcasm btw)