Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Burton Albion 2-0 Wanderers

burnden

• Moderators

At least people who go to lots of aways are getting priority and it's not a free for all for anyone who fancies it

If everyone knew in advance and everyone bought their tickets with burton in mind you'd still have plenty who had done things properly and end up missing out

I get though that announcing this at this stage is going to cause panic for those that really want to go and that they may miss out to travel club types

Same problems as the above, one of our lot bought 23 Barnsley tickets on open sale yesterday and only needed one ST client ref so that’s 22 peiple who are going and can’t prove it.

Should have just stuck wigh Away season ticket holders ... then season ticket holders first come first serve, unless they want to implement a proper cap system (not needed). Guarantee that website will not recognise it or fuck up come Monday

Listed below are our away followings for this season - reality is we have only taken over 1300 fans to 3 games this season - so this should not really present a problem if a suitable selection process is applied 

But I think we all accept Its really difficult to ensure fairness whatever system the club adopts 

Is  3 games fair ?  potentially with a little refinement  - I would be very annoyed to miss out on Burton If  say Derby and Barnsley bookings are NOW taken into account in the 3 match  booking history  given that some may think that is now a passport to a ticket at Burton  and I hope the club exclude those matches from booking histories now they have made this announcement

If it were my choice I would say if you went to any of the first 10 matches on the list below and can prove it you should get a ticket as priority - but that in itself is not without its flaws - for example I met a couple of lads  at Bristol,City - ( our smallest away following ) who live in Bristol and have not seen at a match  since - so you need to guard against those situations of giving people with geographical proximity a priority

I also accept the argument put forward of one person buying 23 tickets on one reference and the 22 other fans having no means of proving they attended a particular game is not acceptable 

Reality is this is a one off and not likely to happen again anytime soon - unless we play Accrington Stanley next season

1 Bristol City  288

2 Cardiff City  312
3 Ipswich Town  337
4 Reading  484
5 Middlesbrough  611
6 Sunderland  612
7 Millwall  763
8 Norwich City  800
9 Wolves  821
10 Birmingham City  902
11 Brentford  1008
12 Hull City  1072
13 Aston Villa   1080
14 Nottingham Forest  1082
15 Queens Park Rangers  1096
16 Fulham  1099
17 Sheffield United  1214
18 Sheffield Wednesday  2037
19 Leeds United  2500
20 Preston North End  3447

Total  21565

Average  1078

Hopefully see the usual suspects at Burton 

Listed below are our away followings for this season - reality is we have only taken over 1300 fans to 3 games this season - so this should not really present a problem if a suitable selection process is applied

But I think we all accept Its really difficult to ensure fairness whatever system the club adopts

Is 3 games fair ? potentially with a little refinement - I would be very annoyed to miss out on Burton If say Derby and Barnsley bookings are NOW taken into account in the 3 match booking history given that some may think that is now a passport to a ticket at Burton and I hope the club exclude those matches from booking histories now they have made this announcement

If it were my choice I would say if you went to any of the first 10 matches on the list below and can prove it you should get a ticket as priority - but that in itself is not without its flaws - for example I met a couple of lads at Bristol,City - ( our smallest away following ) who live in Bristol and have not seen at a match since - so you need to guard against those situations of giving people with geographical proximity a priority

I also accept the argument put forward of one person buying 23 tickets on one reference and the 22 other fans having no means of proving they attended a particular game is not acceptable

Reality is this is a one off and not likely to happen again anytime soon - unless we play Accrington Stanley next season

1 Bristol City 288

2 Cardiff City 312

3 Ipswich Town 337

4 Reading 484

5 Middlesbrough 611

6 Sunderland 612

7 Millwall 763

8 Norwich City 800

9 Wolves 821

10 Birmingham City 902

11 Brentford 1008

12 Hull City 1072

13 Aston Villa 1080

14 Nottingham Forest 1082

15 Queens Park Rangers 1096

16 Fulham 1099

17 Sheffield United 1214

18 Sheffield Wednesday 2037

19 Leeds United 2500

20 Preston North End 3447

Total 21565

Average 1078

Hopefully see the usual suspects at Burton

You're right...

It's not without flaws

After Fleetwood last season did folk honestly not expect something like this? Yes, the scenario is different, but the reality is the situation is exactly the same;

New ground

Old ground

Relatively close

Squeaky bum time

A lot of people will have been saving themselves for this- myself included to some extent. I too can't recall how many aways I've been to that I've purchased in advance, but would be really fucked off if the club decided to literally award superfan points for going to Bristol over say Crewe. Hypothetically, had I paid on the day on all but one away game, and decided to buy Derby and Barnsley tickets tomorrow, should I be excluded from purchasing Burton tickets on Monday?

I may miss out, I'd be disappointed, but it's fair... Hopefully won't be an issue

• Moderators

This is my shittest away season in my lifetime and even I’ve done 3 so no complaints from me. I’m sure If you are loyal away fan you’ll easily get hold of a ticket.

im also sure i'll get sorted but ive been to 11 and can prove 4

daughter has done 7 and can prove 2

even leeds, they havent recorded that she went even though i bought them together

im also sure i'll get sorted but ive been to 11 and can prove 4

daughter has done 7 and can prove 2

even leeds, they havent recorded that she went even though i bought them together

Surely just a Season ticket will guarantee a ticket for Burton as long as your down there early on the phone or online first thing Monday.

• Site Supporter

Same problems as the above, one of our lot bought 23 Barnsley tickets on open sale yesterday and only needed one ST client ref so that’s 22 peiple who are going and can’t prove it.

Should have just stuck wigh Away season ticket holders ... then season ticket holders first come first serve, unless they want to implement a proper cap system (not needed). Guarantee that website will not recognise it or fuck up come Monday

23!! I bought 43 and still counts for nowt

Mates and I in same position, i have purchase history but most have waited till open sale

The guy in the ticket office was truly apologetic earlier. He explained Fleetwood was a fiasco last year due to them drip feeding tickets. They have approached it to be as fair as possible; if it wasn't such a perfect shit storm of last away, new ground, with something to play for, it wouldn't be an issue

The club  is skint, we know that. Everybody wants to go to this game. The club should buy as many tickets as they can from Burton...........and then set up an auction. Highest bidders win, simple as that. It'll make the club a few extra quid, and ensure that no peasants are in attendance

Same issue. Been to 10 aways, but only had records of 4.

Generally about four of us gone to the games but all the tickets were registered on my CRN.

Rang up before and they allowed me to 're-align' the tickets to other CRN's. Just need name and CRN number and they should be able to do it for you.

Edited by matty_bwfc11