Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Right.....who Are Going Down ?

miamiwhite

Pratley and Henry have scored 3 goals between them and provided 4 goal assists between them all season.A central midfield pairing that contributes so little offensively doesn't keep a football team up on its own

Back to old Madine again, 10 goals and 5 goal assists for Bolton this season.There is nobody we have left on the books who contributes anything like those figures, Le Fondre hasnt provided one assist all season ffs.He scores less than Madine and provides nothing for others to score from.These stats are why Madine has got himself a big money move and the others haven't.

Fuck Madine

And glad he missed the penalty 

Pratley and Henry have scored 3 goals between them and provided 4 goal assists between them all season.A central midfield pairing that contributes so little offensively doesn't keep a football team up on its own

Back to old Madine again, 10 goals and 5 goal assists for Bolton this season.There is nobody we have left on the books who contributes anything like those figures, Le Fondre hasnt provided one assist all season ffs.He scores less than Madine and provides nothing for others to score from.These stats are why Madine has got himself a big money move and the others haven't.

To be honest, I couldn't give a shit who scores or assists, but I'd rather have the points thanks.

13 games Henry hasn't played this season. W0 D3 L10

13 games Madine hasn't played this season, W3 D4 L6

Obviously we miss Madine more than anyone else.

For fun, away games with Madine in the championship: W:1 D:9 L:19 (0.41 ppg) Since: W0 D3 L4 (0.42 ppg)

All told, results wise, we are about the same (actually slightly better) without Madine, but have £6m in the bank. We also don't have a striker who we build a team around, who is having a six month sulk because we denied him a big money move.

• Site Supporter

so play to ALF's strengths then, ball on the for for him to run onto.instead of hoof ball

so play to ALF's strengths then, ball on the for for him to run onto.instead of hoof ball

He’s got no pace. Not sure his strength is that. He needs a target man to play off. He needs chances in the box but we’ve no way to get those chances consistently. Against Birmingham the ball fell to him second half in the box and he nearly made something of it. That’s what he needs but without someone doing the donkey work up there it’s tough to create those moments.

Aye let’s play a pass and move game ..... one problem we’ve probably 1 player fit who’s decent on the ball (Ameobi) the rest other than the injured Morais couldn’t pass water, your embarrassing yourself with reference to bradford fans bollocks hoof ball myth, if we had the players PP quite capable off setting us up to play from back to front as are most qualified coaches of kids football never mind a 15 year pro with 15 years managerial experience. Sort your fucking head out!????

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

Aye let’s play a pass and move game ..... one problem we’ve probably 1 player fit who’s decent on the ball (Ameobi) the rest other than the injured Morais couldn’t pass water, your embarrassing yourself with reference to bradford fans bollocks hoof ball myth, if we had the players PP quite capable off setting us up to play from back to front as are most qualified coaches of kids football never mind a 15 year pro with 15 years managerial experience. Sort your fucking head out!

when have i mentioned bradford fans ?

PP has signed our squad , if we are shit , which we are, it is his fault. he picks the team and the formation ..

don't blame fans with being pissed off with his shitness.

no one can defend it. if players are not motivated , or arsed is that my fault or the managers?

you decide ?

when have i mentioned bradford fans ?

PP has signed our squad , if we are shit , which we are, it is his fault. he picks the team and the formation ..

don't blame fans with being pissed off with his shitness.

no one can defend it. if players are not motivated , or arsed is that my fault or the managers?

you decide ?

He’s had to knit a team from frees and out of contract players, do you really think any manager could do any better given the lack of resources he’s had to cope with?

Bradford fans started the Parky hoof ball bullshit because they were gutted he’d left them, we then have a number of thick as fuck supporters run with the same bullshit, if you want to judge Parkinson look at bradford now and when he left them, they are now mid table, slaughtered 5-1 by blackpool yesterday, when he left them they were on the verge of promotion to the championship, the bradford fans would take him back in a heart beat.

Finally we tried to play football under Lennon with better players than we now have and that ended with complete humiliation and if Parky had listened to our fuckwit fans demanding tikka talkka Football we’d already be relegated.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

what has lennon got to do with it?

why are you defending a manager that has lost the dressing room

It's very sad that you're trying to justify your hate campaign against Parky by wheeling out the old classic, made-up horseshit about the manager losing the dressing room.

Now ain’t the time for the club or anyone to make that call.

Devils advocate; perhaps get rid now

Birmingham changed to Monk and have 10 points from the last 4 games (I think)

How would that feel right now?

Edited by boltondiver

• Moderators

Birmingham have had 5 managers in 15 months

It's amazing they haven't just overtaken city

What cash will this be, have I missed summert?

I suppose eying able to offer player more than £4.5k a week will help bring in a better quality of freebies and loans.

He's not going to be able to spaff money left right and centre but hopefully he'll be able to offer the going rate for a championship player.

Birmingham had a seriously under performing squad. I don't think we have. Unless there are issues between players and manager on a widespread scale I see no benefit in sacking him now. In fact I think it would be counter-productive. 

Sunderland potted Grayson and Coleman has hardly turned them around over a far longer period. It works sometimes when there are good reasons, Monk is a good manager. 

• Site Supporter

Wondered that but too late for anyone outside the club to do owt.

We've discussed whether he'd do any better with a little bit of money to spend.

Wanted him to do well as he's had a tough gig. Upon reflection I now wouldn't.

Big fear is a Derby reserve side getting beat by Barnsley on the final day. All well and good looking at other team’s fixtures but when they’ve sewn up a play off place and decide to rest players for the last couple of games is what could fuck us over