Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oxford Road Bus Lane In Manc

tomski

• Site Supporter

Once got one coming down from Whitefield into bury. The two sections have different times, as I entered the second I saw the sign, realised I shouldn't be in it and moved out. Fuckin spy camera in the back of a trani got me. Only in it for a few yards.

Best take the medicine unless you can evidence the poor signage.

• Site Supporter

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-bus-lane-fines-refund-14439710

Initially the signs weren’t legal, but, to prove that would cost you more in court than the fine, however, there was calls for MCC to reimburse or cancell fines issued between the dates they were shown not to be legally enforceable, not sure if they agreed to this but that was the advice given

Appeal forms here

http://www.manchester.gov.uk/info/471/tickets_and_fines/3461/appeal_against_a_ticket_or_fine/2

They've changed the road layout. One bird in my old team has got 12 tickets.

Mine is nearly 4 months ago which suggests there is some backlog they are working through

I thought there was a time limit in which they had to send the fine.

Car Wankers.

• Site Supporter

Once got one coming down from Whitefield into bury. The two sections have different times, as I entered the second I saw the sign, realised I shouldn't be in it and moved out. Fuckin spy camera in the back of a trani got me. Only in it for a few yards.

Best take the medicine unless you can evidence the poor signage.

That one is a cash cow. It is a timed bus lane out through Whitefield but changes to a 24 hour one in Bury. Bury Council must be bloody loaded.

My dad had one after visiting my mum in hospital.

Just had a letter to say they will be refunded

You should be informed within 28 days and they hadnt been

Thought that was for road traffic offences. Driving in a bus lane is council issued, similar to getting a parking ticket. Far as I know no time limit on it, but could be wrong....

150k people done on that so far. Not obvious to many it seems. That's a ridiculous amount of people

Aye - they've made over £8 million.

Must be because I know the area and I know it's just for buses but they look pretty obvious to me. Maybe if I didn't they might not be quite so obvious

It's a fucking joke. 

The main car park for Manchester Royal Infirmary is just off the middle of that restricted bit of Oxford Road

If you're staff, an out-patient, visiting a patient, or going there on business you try getting into that car park without getting a ticket

The signage is dreadful