Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Squad - Keep-Release

Theboybell

I'd definitely keep Henry, but with Pratley, it would depend on him accepting quite a pay cut.......my guess would be that he'd try to find a better deal elsewhere, fail, then try to sign the deal offered here but too late &  finish up in div 1, probably Blackpool.

If Pratley, Derik, Karacan & Kirchoff,  are gone, it's going to leave us short of holding midfielders ( maybe King can step up ) but the priority for any money we've got, must be for a target man forward,  & then a creative midfield player and/or a fast striker.

Defensively, we'll probably have to try & patch up with frees & loanees again

I see it the other way. In that we're more likely to get quality attacking players on loan than we are spending what little money we have on fees. Whereas there are bargains to be had on defenders and defensive midfield players out there with a bit of cash to spend. 

I see it the other way. In that we're more likely to get quality attacking players on loan than we are spending what little money we have on fees. Whereas there are bargains to be had on defenders and defensive midfield players out there with a bit of cash to spend. 

It may well turn out that way, but I think that we could just about get away with the defence we've got, but if Wilbrahim & Le Fondre are our 1st choice forwards, relegation is a certainty.

I'm reluctant to bring in loan forwards because it means that we're never building a team.....if they're good, they're going to pig off back to their parent clubs. It also means that we'll be waiting till the last minute to see who's available which increases the likelihood of another pisspoor start !!

Buckley is from just up the road from me in Chaddy. Know one of his mates very well

His hamstrings are dodgy as fuck and he's had other injuries as well. Confidence is shot to pieces as every time he starts to do summat he gets injured

Feel for the lad. He loves BWFC apparently but is a worrier that his injury record gets in the way.

Unsure about him. Desperately wants to prove himself, loves the club, proper speed merchant when fit, but if lacking confidence and injury-prone I worry that it's money that we haven't got being wasted. If we keep him on hope he has a decent run and shows what he can do

He sounds perfect for one of Sams psychology/self esteem experts. Does our club do any psychological work with the players these days?

He sounds perfect for one of Sams psychology/self esteem experts. Does our club do any psychological work with the players these days?

No. They spend most of the time running up and down rivington with back packs full of bricks

Pratley’s house was put up for sale about 8 weeks ago. It is now completely empty and 3 cars gone.

He may have just rented it though and decided to settle long term in Halliwell...

He's just moves in next door to me. Keeps coming round to borrow a bowl of sugar.