Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Manager

HomerJay

• Site Supporter

What we thinking ?

Parky out or give him next season?

I'm not convinced. Just can't see how he will progress us. With or without funds.

Anyone for the country bumpkin Holloway?

Don't like the bloke but he's certainly a better manager than parky.

• Site Supporter

What we thinking ?

Parky out or give him next season?

I'm not convinced. Just can't see how he will progress us. With or without funds.

Anyone for the country bumpkin Holloway?

Don't like the bloke but he's certainly a better manager than parky.

your going to get slated

This completely highlights why we most likely should stick with Parky, folk thinking Holloway’s a better manager then PP need to give head a wobble. I’ve said it before but if we could prise Dean Smith from Brentford think that would be a step up and also a style change but we’d need the money to bring in players to play that style.

He’s shown for most of the season, that he was out of his depth.

And shown that tacticially, he doesn’t have it in his locker to progress us as a championship club.

However, in 2 years, he’s not spent a single penny, and got us promoted and kept us up.

He’s stopped the rot of a shambolic team, got us promoted, and cemented our place in the championship next season.

He deserves a chance in my opinion, no matter how much I dislike his style of football.

Get some investment in, let him sign a few players and see what happens.

If we start anywhere near as poorly as we did this season, then get rid and move on.

• Moderators

PP

I'm not keen

we've seen you can have a shit start in this league and recover (more than once) so give him 10 games

seems fair and a just reward for the last 2 seasons, despite him nearly fucking both up

He deserves a chance. He’s done a good job and I’m unconvinced there are many better managers we could get.

However there is a lot to be decided this summer and if new owners are to come in and want a change things need to happen quickly.

Parky can only be judged in the context of the almost impossible conditions he has had to work under, & then by the facts that he probably overachieved in getting us promoted 1st season, & achieved the only target of keeping us up 2nd season.

I'd happily give him a 5 year contract & give him the security & time to build.

Parky IN.

He’s been successful for the last 2 years without spending any corn

He (and all his staff) deserve a crack with some cash being spent

I’m sure he will learn from this season mistakes too and will buy a target man in the summer

He’s experienced lad, level headed, and has handled the ownership issues and Ken well. The players are playing for him

I’d be really worried with a Holloway or McClaren

Parky IN for me

Done his job and can’t say fairer than that. If there was an outstanding candidate then I’d be happy to shake hands and walk away but I’ve yet to see any likely appointments.

This. I can't think of anyone out there at the moment that could do any better? Or would want to come

Whilst this season has been utter shite he's had fuck all money to work with. Tactics/team selection. etc - yeah - highly questionable, but with the restrictions that he had I thought that we were a no-brainer to go straight back down

Holloway? Great fishing trip!!! Add Curbishley, O'Leary, Redknapp, Dowie, etc, etc to the list

Said at the start of the season I'd be happy with fourth from bottom. PP has done what has been asked of him two years on the bounce. He's also done it without spending a penny and having key players sold around him. Done more than enough to warrant a shot at another season - especially if we end up with no money to spend again.

Completely 50/50 on this

Think he deserves a chance due to what he’s achieved & with fingers crossed more funding it would be interesting to see if he can show us some better football..

However, I hate how we play, if we don’t get any substantial funding I couldn’t imagine him getting anywhere near saving us again & could I put up with any more of that dross?