Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Blackpool, Love It Or Hate It.

leigh white

My second visit in eight days, the place is crazy, and It's hard to find another town like it. Had some punch ups down the years with the locals and scots holidaymakers.Looking back though, for the club life and music scene, B/Pool will always have a place in my heart.

Went Blackpool about 3 years ago on a Tuesday day off with the Mrs and 2 year old son on the train from manc (them were the days). Went to Blackpool zoo. Lovely.

Decided to have a walk down the front before getting the train home about 2pm...

First Irish pub a bloke with no teeth and no top is raving to banging donk in the beer garden and walked past the alley that stank of poppers

Classy place.

Drove home down the prom yesterday and saw 14 peaky blinders carrying a bloke dressed as a 1920’s whore.

Bet you don’t see that on bradshagate :D

It’s one crazy ass place.

As I’ve said before, it’s about 2 square miles of madness.

Had some great days/nights there for football/wways piss ups/nights out but it’s defini a place on its own.

Sat in the Manchester once when a gypsy wedding came in, bride in a wedding dress covered in green fairy lights. Might have been on a wways do that actually.

Turning up at Ma Kelly’s 11am on a non holiday Tuesday for that league cup match a couple of years ago and it was already packed out with people on karaoke and stag dos. What a place.

It’s a shithole but a good laugh on the piss. Never had a crap night out apart from when the smelly farmers have their annual get together

Honestly never seen anything like that lot mate.

I’ve been watching England away and the behaviour of the farmers exceeds anything I’ve seen.

Tipping up hotdog trucks on the prom, jumping through windows, stopping traffic and taking phones out of drivers hands and throwing them across the street etc.

Fucking idiots.

Last time I went it was the first time, during the height of summer, I'd been there during the day...

I was surprised and pleased by the clarity of the emerald green sea...

Turd-laden they ain't, contrary to another of Bolty's little out of kilter sayings (based on the sixties) that we all know and love as the quaint and somewhat confused ramblings they are. :)

Edited by Youri McAnespie