Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Var

deane koontz

Been great up until tonight

Ref was out of his depth with all the cunts giving him the run around, he ended up completely losing the plot with it all

How he blew for full time as well, was barely into 6 minutes, they should still be playing now with all that VAR

The players fucked that game up, the ref wasn’t good enough to control them or the game

• Moderators

Football died long before var

What the fcuk are you on about

In the last few months I've seen the greatest ending to a game in my life and we are in the middle of what could be described in years to come as the best WC ever

Football dead?

My arse, it's dead

In the last few months I've seen the greatest ending to a game in my life and we are in the middle of what could be described in years to come as the best WC ever

Football dead?

My arse, it's dead

I think he means when he gave up watching bolton to watch some pot bellied blokes in odd socks boot a ball about a ploughed field :)

Football dead?

My arse, it's dead

don't get out of your pram about it

i should have said at domestic level

i'm loving the world cup fwiw

The ref last night was totally out of his depth - and ruined the game.

1st penalty - Ronaldo - really close to it, either penalty or booked for diving - gave nothing

2nd penalty - really close to it, never handball - didn't give it initially

Conduct in general - he was getting shoved, players in his face etc - should have been multiple yellow and red cards

He was complained about, after the first game he did - send him home, never to referee at that level again.

Rant over

does anyone think Ronaldo should have been sent off?

I think it would have been very very harsh imo

Not for me - bit of intent to get their player back and perhaps fortunate he didn't really connect.  But he was getting dogs abuse from most of their team 

does anyone think Ronaldo should have been sent off?

I think it would have been very very harsh imo

No but given what constitutes a sending off these days he probably should have gone.

I'd say it was deliberate and worse than Beckham's fanny tap against the Argies . . .

Edited by madthatter

We needed VAR because at times the referees and assistants were often poor, inconsistant, and prone to influence.

We put VAR in the hands of the same people, and are somehow surprised that we are still seeing poor, inconsistant & potentialy influenced decisions.

Scrap it after the group games, keep GLT and re-think VAR.

We needed VAR because at times the referees and assistants were often poor, inconsistant, and prone to influence.

We put VAR in the hands of the same people, and are somehow surprised that we are still seeing poor, inconsistant & potentialy influenced decisions.

Scrap it after the group games, keep GLT and re-think VAR.

This with massive bells on

I'm not 100% sure how it should be working but I always liked the idea of only a captain being able to challenge decisions (say 3 a half) and then have them referred, a bit like tennis.

I think VAR is showing that football is played and ref'd by humans and we make mistakes and have differing opinions - even with 5 different camera angles

Edited by madthatter

I reckon it's a qualified success, so far

Once again we get the right decision

Which one, the German backpass or the Mexican handball ?

I beg to differ that its been a success, it has corrected some wrongs, overrulled some rights and added uncertainty.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.